• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, it costs one meter, has a special input for high hitting moves and you can easily bait it. It should have good damage.

I like SFV, I like USFIV, I like Street Fighter.

Imma '14er who missed out SF2. SF:Alpha, and SF3 but I like them too.

Edit: Oh wait uhh... best game is Mortal Kombat 2

ugk4life

Neo Member
The break down says crouch tech is not in SFV. I was under the impression it was.

I'm fairly new to fighting games and now wonder if I even know what crouch tech is. Can someone confirm?

You can't only like 1 game, and the rest is trash, don't cha know? FGC baby.

Im gonna start my own FGC where multiple games are liked!

The break down says crouch tech is not in SFV. I was under the impression it was.

I'm fairly new to fighting games and now wonder if I even know what crouch tech is. Can someone confirm?

Crouch teching is not in the game, and it was simply holding down back and pressing throw. Throw will be teched or a cr.LK will come out. (Someone please correct me if Im wrong)

Also that article is an interesting reminder of what Capcom envisioned for SFV.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
GGs Scrafty, that was fun as hell! I have to stop for the night, unfortunately.

Connection was perfect on my end aside from some very slight stutters during one of our middle sets.

GGs Scrafty, that was fun as hell! I have to stop for the night, unfortunately.

Connection was perfect on my end aside from some very slight stutters during one of our middle sets.

Yeah, GGs! I was fine for the most part but during the last set I started getting some frustrating rollback that negated some of my confirms. Overall fine though; had fun practicing some characters other than my main for once!

Mr. X

Crouch tech = crlp or crlk coming when doing down throw tech to break throws

In sfv you just get a throw whiff instead of cr light attack

Im gonna start my own FGC where multiple games are liked!
Liking multiple games
snj2uzZ.png

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yeah, GGs! I was fine for the most part but during the last set I started getting some frustrating rollback that negated some of my confirms. Overall fine though; had fun practicing some characters other than my main for once!

Damn, and here I thought I actually legit won a set against a GAFer for once! :p

Are you in Ontario like I am? I would expect better, but, well, that's SFV I guess.

BTW, how fast does Ken's Tatsu start up? It seemed to beat even 3f normals, which was kinda infuriating sometimes, haha.

It's 3f. I don't know about its priority, but I know I use it way too much on wakeup and will need to curb the habit if I want to climb the ranks.

Damn, and here I thought I actually legit won a set against a GAFer for once! :p

Are you in Ontario like I am? I would expect better, but, well, that's SFV I guess.

Yeah, I'm in Toronto. It honestly wouldn't've made a difference if the connection was spotless; the rolback only happened two or three times and mostly in the rounds I won.

Win a bunch of games with a character? Man maybe this will be my main forever!
Lose one game with a character? Shit character dropped.

There can only be 1, fuck every other one!

But yea, bring back Cyberbots baby.

I can't wait for Gundam VS for PS4, I hope it clicks with me.

HAVE YOU PLAYED FULL BOOST I THINK YOU NEED TO

Gundam VS is going to be great but I fear the 2v2 aspect is going to kill it quicker than it should.

Well excel and normals with actual range would have made sf5 a more balanced and better game for sure.

Excel was only balanced because everyone could do real stupid shit but it kinda boiled down to whoever got enough meter to do it and get some hits in would win. And normals had range but they were mostly similar.

Still loved it though.

Win a bunch of games with a character? Man maybe this will be my main forever!
Lose one game with a character? Shit character dropped.

HAVE YOU PLAYED FULL BOOST I THINK YOU NEED TO

Gundam VS is going to be great but I fear the 2v2 aspect is going to kill it quicker than it should.

I played whatever was out in Japan arcades back in December. I didn't know what I was doing though. I want to sit at home and put in heavy time with it.

It's Persona 4 Arena.
Funny way to spell Bloody Roar 2 but whatever.

Serious question though, I have the game on ps3 through plus. Is it worth playing for purely single player and mucking about with the different characters? Also I'm guessing I should play persona 4 before I start playing huh?

kobu

Excel was only balanced because everyone could do real stupid shit but it kinda boiled down to whoever got enough meter to do it and get some hits in would win.

Sounds like a universal mechanic working as intended if you as me but I really love that game as well so I'm biased.

Every time I see the cool things Tokido does with Akuma, or all the new Akuma tech, I'm like damn I should play him.

Then I just get tore through like paper and I quit playing him.

I played whatever was out in Japan arcades back in December. I didn't know what I was doing though. I want to sit at home and put in heavy time with it.

You can get SOME practice with Full Boost, but you probably play Maxi Boost depending on when you went. Still fun, and it's dirt cheap at this point.

Sounds like a universal mechanic working as intended if you as me but I really love that game as well so I'm biased.

Hey, I love EX too. In fact, it being busted was most of the reason it was fun! It was a "so broken everything was equal" sorta situation but eventually it became more about who could pull off one or two optimal EX combos over playing the game any other way. The one mechanic made everything else less prominent (besides opening people up with guard crushes).

But hey, every game has problems. EX is fucking great and I'd kill a man to bring back in even one or two of its original cast members.

FluxWaveZ

Funny way to spell Bloody Roar 2 but whatever.

Serious question though, I have the game on ps3 through plus. Is it worth playing for purely single player and mucking about with the different characters? Also I'm guessing I should play persona 4 before I start playing huh?

If you mean Ultimax, P4AU spoils a whole lot about Persona 4 (and Persona 3). P4A was meant to be a direct sequel to P4 and, by the time P4AU came out, they didn't mind just spoiling the RPG. Just looking at the playable characters will spoil P4.

Golden Arena Mode is fun for a bit, in terms of single player. Score Attack mode can be, too. While lengthy, I wouldn't really think the story is worth it if you haven't finished P4, or if you didn't go through P4A (since it is a direct sequel to that game).

I miss that game. It was so fun.

This wetsuit outfit is pretty good. Might be even better with some higher contrast colors. I am now looking forward to this character.

Q_3iZA62_R88dQDi9-Bx-a1ZSHzlcTO166wddE75i7CFx9Cnu6NeOd9NQR677Qfcr9_0Vk2xWFncub5it8omeyA50SFn7O5dayjfoRUXCap9Zr3Hz4g8Xpxvogpm0a1w7UcaRkRnrYlSILQMaBRwqnKnDHolSKW6Dt-0HjzitZ9eoY6YdNWj8nmV3vQX0D_199nCjHZjFxVd9Mu7PgO3K2BUkB3KkbOQZ1uwkzdzjJ0qtM9vJwc19ap4VIolkCZP0ccGTo131QnZbMjfo2Mx82-MHcmK2og0skTyA_11BHbAy4TOMheUWmQlLi-rYDk5psMn2G2IFC2zHWzwlyQ2_mQpBELfyCHUdngkkyWCP79pIueuL1aRZk_YZaAnFzyFtAYYWfv87ndeoEOfoy9gwiCXgKznfuNgzSsRemoq4O2RBwsFbz2mmX-fbButtQBM2cnxtIASify2XPyaGpxNaOdlGp87TaJFkB9MkqjACy1E4OB5uR5fbz9EQakA6CXLXCzIFMCDbYlk4gZ9sW5t_YZFEg2Punp17lz9FKQuixjjHI1nPrw0wa-jjRxHofZzYnkBO_M9UtMExIc6ZFWAJ8zPQsp5l19bXJzxu9_bKgA4Bk7GCRA75aKrUhq8bED8cdsKQrvEm5eEPI7W_TtG_CIK1R87dhxBfDkEURfOXQ=w634-h346-no

Not sure if its worth buying the season pass for though. Im glad Akuma is in the game, but Im not into Shotos and the remaining characters might all be uninteresting to me.

Skilletor

This wetsuit outfit is pretty good. Might be even better with some higher contrast colors. I am now looking forward to this character.

Not sure if its worth buying the season pass for though. Im glad Akuma is in the game, but Im not into Shotos and the remaining characters might all be uninteresting to me.

Dude.

Dude.

Jesus Christ.

EX counter not covering all her options is kinda lame IMO. Damage alone isn't enough to make up for having to do a hard read + spending bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom