• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I believe it's L2 + R2 + Square.

p1xkJ5V.gif

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hey fmt was that game on all Madden
If so kicking is impossible.. 7 yard punt all PATs missed....lmao

Yikes. I'm playing all-madden on my offline franchise and kicking just fine. With the slight delay of online its going to make the kicking game impossible. I wonder if the meter is adjustable?

I don't know what the issue is. The only explanation is the meter you see on screen isn't accurate?

I don't know what the issue is. The only explanation is the meter you see on screen isn't accurate?

Possible. Just spitballing, but maybe the meter is your local, but the server values are not accurate due to lag. So you think you're hitting on the mark, but the server is registering two ticks before what your display shows. Couple that with the new kicking system of multiple inputa for a kick, the server sees you just missed every input by moderate amounts.

has there ever been an issue like this before?

Bread

Banned
On my missed PAT against FMT i nailed the accuracy and it went about 15 yards to the right of the post. Hopefully they fix this shit soon.

I've already been suggesting we need to tune the kicking difficulty. There is really no margin for error for it, especially on the accuracy portion...goes by way too fast, and the slight variance in input delay from opponent to opponent is a big deal. I don't think it's right to potentially have the first few easy PAT or mid range FGs missing so wide due to latency.

I've already been suggesting we need to tune the kicking difficulty. There is really no margin for error for it, especially on the accuracy portion...goes by way too fast, and the slight variance in input delay from opponent to opponent is a big deal. I don't think it's right to potentially have the first few easy PAT or mid range FGs missing so wide due to latency.

I'd be ok with tuning it after we all get used to it, but I don't want to tune it too much where it's too easy like in the past

Greg

GG, FMT

game is weird - lots of crazy plays I haven't seen before

I cannot figure out control on defense... players feel slow to swap, and players you do control from the get go kinda get sucked into an animation/path off snap

GG, FMT

game is weird - lots of crazy plays I haven't seen before

I cannot figure out control on defense... players feel slow to swap, and players you do control from the get go kinda get sucked into an animation/path off snap

gg brah. i'm a little more used to the defense. it's just different because you really have to be on the spot to make plays on the ball. you can't be in the general vicinity (5 yards away) and expect to warp to a pick with ballhawk which, lets be honest, this happened frequently in the past couple years.

i found myself overrunning a lot of plays but after 10-15 games i'm getting more comfortable. but still, the days of completely shutting down the middle with your LB are gone.

that last kick i missed was all on me too :( didn't get the BS "you got close but we're going to mysteriously make it 10 yards short", just hit the button late :(

players you do control from the get go kinda get sucked into an animation/path off snap

I noticed that. I had players who were assigned hook zones, and he would sometimes charge the line initially as if it was a running play (Out of my control too) and then be taken out of position to defend his spot.

Greg

gg brah. i'm a little more used to the defense. it's just different because you really have to be on the spot to make plays on the ball. you can't be in the general vicinity (5 yards away) and expect to warp to a pick with ballhawk which, lets be honest, this happened frequently in the past couple years.

i found myself overrunning a lot of plays but after 10-15 games i'm getting more comfortable. but still, the days of completely shutting down the middle with your LB are gone.

that last kick i missed was all on me too :( didn't get the BS "you got close but we're going to mysteriously make it 10 yards short", just hit the button late :(
I thought you missed that on purpose

you're right about needing to be in a pretty specific spot though - found myself in a decent spot, but the positioning of my player (not squared up properly) wouldn't allow me to make a play on the ball when before it would warp into a playable position

I'll have to mess with the assists if it's a pattern... usually keep them off, but I found myself taking myself out of plays way more than I'm used to doing

I noticed that. I had players who were assigned hook zones, and he would sometimes charge the line initially as if it was a running play (Out of my control too) and then be taken out of position to defend his spot.
yeah, I had that happen too! outside guy supposed to drop back in purple zone, 'guessed' pass, and at the snap I was just going to sit there for a second before dropping out... but then out of my control he immediately crashed the line at the snap (it was a passing play)

Has the kicking meter been lagging for people or something? I played a game on all pro and all madden and it didn't seem that bad but I noticed Scott had some trouble and other people on streams.

Somnia

GG Pete

Defense sure does come at the ball hard, I need to slow down and take my time more on passing for sure.

Neither of us could run for shit lol

Also fuck kicking.

Awesome game Scott! Couldn't do anything offensively and then that roughing call on your last drive ):

GG Man! I can't believe how many kicks I shanked, I think I left 7 points off the board just in kicks lol. I was really surprised that kaepernick though that touch pass so accurately on my last TD

Just checked my Dota teammate stats. I'm at 50% with most of y'all. Above 50% with two:
+3 with FMT 56%
+2 with Bluemax 62.5%

Below 50% with 3:

-1 wellington
-3 with nightz my worst win percentage at 28.6%

And -9 with phee! But a 40% win percentage

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Just checked my Dota teammate stats. I'm at 50% with most of y'all. Above 50% with two:
+3 with FMT 56%
+2 with Bluemax 62.5%

Below 50% with 3:

-1 wellington
-3 with nightz my worst win percentage at 28.6%

And -9 with phee! But a 40% win percentage

LET'S PLAY RIGHT NOW

BigAT

"Hey, want to let the NFL spy on your shit?"

"No, of course not why would I-"

"We'll give you a MUT pack."

"I'LL INSTALL THE CAMERAS IN MY HOUSE WHERE DOES ROGER WANT THEM?"