• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Off Screen Images

four-two said:
Ok, i'm honest, i hate Halo franchise, same time a was expecting something from this game... but this screen...

Bungie was suppose to work Reach on a new engine or something like that?

Probably one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

FHIZ

I'd really like a halo game where everything in the graphics engine didn't look so unnaturally blocky.

jaypah

four-two said:
Ok, i'm honest, i hate Halo franchise, same time a was expecting something from this game... but this screen...

Bungie was suppose to work Reach on a new engine or something like that?

wow.

anyway, looks like blurry phone pics of something that may or may not be actual Halo Reach shots. so just going by the pics i give the game a solid 9, mostly for the storyline and multiplayer.

Dani said:
I didn't think the mods would like us shitting up the ODST thread. =(
Was going to be spread around away, as soon as the MLG pics were posted/noticed, so don't feel too bad.
Wonder who's going to unleash the rage? Jerome sent to this dude's house?

Speaking of which, surely the guy who went to MS signed an nda?
Hope this guy gets speared by MS ninja's.

Kimosabae

Banned
Finally, the Battle Rifle sounds as though it operates in a fashion that is conducive to competitive multiplayer. I'm already excited.

Oozer3993

Dabanton said:
This thread needs a Bungie employee to calm the waters

Their probably trying to narrow down who leaked these pics if their real that is...:lol

The ninjas are being dispatched. And they're probably on fire. Rumor has it they're covered in bacon as well.

Reposting for a new page:

I find it a little odd that most of the screens appear to have no mention of phase or build numbers. The Halo 3 leaks all had BETA or ALPHA build prominently displayed along with a specific build number IIRC. Only the screen linked to the "perks" appears to have anything like that (the green text in the lower left corner).

REV 09

not so sure about the inclusion of "perks". Sprinting should have been added as a base gameplay element to begin with...and i don't see why invisible or halogram can't just be a pickment or equipment. in addition, perk type additions would seem like Bungie is following other recent developers, and not innovating on their own. obviously this probably isn't all that there is that would be new to Reach, but still.

I don't really care for Perks in Uncharted 2, and i've always been relatively meh about them in CoD...those games are good for a number of reasons, but Perks really isn't one of them, at least for me. I prefer a completely even playing field at the start of each match/spawn, not to have a certain element of it decided before the match even begins.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
I also don't read into Bungie/Microsoft's relative silence on leaks, given both the policy and past precedent.

That said, those pics look more and more legit the more I scrutinize them. So I'll tentatively get excited. Really digging the weaponry, and intrigued by the title screen option. Looks like it could be "Adventures", or "Activities". Not sure. But a mode that hasn't been at the top-level menu before.

Sounds like the evolution of equipment, rather than perks.

Looks like "Activities" to me. I agree, these perks sound like an evolution of equipment, particularly with the hologram.

Neuromancer said:
Tom Morello? Wasn't that one of the characters from Guitar Hero 3?

szh2fr.jpg

clashfan

Oozer3993 said:
The ninjas are being dispatched. And they're probably on fire. Rumor has it they're covered in bacon as well.

Reposting for a new page:

I find it a little odd that most of the screens appear to have no mention of phase or build numbers. The Halo 3 leaks all had BETA or ALPHA build prominently displayed along with a specific build number IIRC. Only the screen linked to the "perks" appears to have anything like that (the green text in the lower left corner).

Maybe it's fake then?

Orlics

Anerythristic said:
So this is a specific answer to a competing franchise.?

It's Halo - Modern Warfare , cool for the many Halo fans... I think.
Well I think in the book all the Spartans sprinted and cloaked a lot, so it would be somewhat lame if you couldn't do them in the game adaptation.

Natakuu

Banned
Dunno if I'm really happy about all of this perk business. I'd be perfectly content with it being a bit of a tweaked Halo MP game. Adding perks seems to be going a bit more towards Modern Warfare than I really want from a Halo game. I'll pick it up regardless I'm sure, just need to wait for more info to see how this will all unfold.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Zeouterlimits said:
Was going to be spread around away, as soon as the MLG pics were posted/noticed, so don't feel too bad.
Wonder who's going to unleash the rage? Jerome sent to this dude's house?

Speaking of which, surely the guy who went to MS signed an nda?
Hope this guy gets speared by MS ninja's.

this...as excited as I am to see pics of the game, I didn't want some doucher to put out cell phone pics. I'm guessing we'll see some legit screens soon.

Jacobi

Banned
FunkyMunkey said:
e8k12a.jpg

"This is what the HUD looks like. In the bottom left, you can see your squadmates health and names. Right above the radar shows what perks you are carrying. When I played there were 3 perks-sprinting, cloaking, and halogram. The sprinting makes you run when you hold LB, cloaking makes you invisible (when you cloak your radar jams and you can't really hear anything around you). The halogram creates a halogram of yourself, so enemies will shoot at both."

hmmmmmmm

:lol :lol :lol
I remember Halo fans saying Crysis is sooo uninnovative and brings nothing new to the table

Oozer3993 said:
I find it a little odd that most of the screens appear to have no mention of phase or build numbers. The Halo 3 leaks all had BETA or ALPHA build prominently displayed along with a specific build number IIRC.

Look at the bottom of the title screen one, looks a like beta/alpha/current build designation to me.

X26

Banned
inner-G said:
pics 'leaked' the week before the release of the biggest multiplayer online shooter ever...

>_>

Nah don't think it's like that, these pics aren't doing them any favors in that regard

Orlics

inner-G said:
pics 'leaked' the week before the release of the biggest multiplayer online shooter ever...

>_>
E3 2010

Bungie: Oh and one more thing... Halo Reach will also be coming to the PC. Day and date with the 360 version. With dedicated servers, mods, and a console.

emot-smug.gif

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Why are there 4 names/stats listed next to the radar? I'm assuming it wouldn't list your own health/stats 2x on the HUD. 5 player co-op confirmed?

LunaticPuma said:
Why are there 4 names/stats listed next to the radar? I'm assuming it wouldn't list your own health/stats 2x on the HUD. 5 player co-op confirmed?

The game is a squad based shooter.

TheChillyAcademic said:
So wait, what the hell is this game exactly?

A FPS
that follows the Fall of Reach book, that covers the destruction of the Spartan program facilities and the death of more or less every Spartan created as the Covenant invade and destroy the planet.

Orlics

Vinterbird said:
A FPS that follows the Fall of Reach book, that covers
the destruction of the Spartan program facilities and the death of more or less every Spartan created as the Covenant invade and destroy the planet.

300: da game

J-Rzez

tiong_fi said:
Looks like it's still using the Halo 3 engine :(

Maybe, those shots are not the best to judge by though. Even if they would use the same engine, hopefully they refined the hell out of it. If they can get it to be rock steady, then it wouldn't really be too bad. Wish there was a company out there that would really push the box though. I think the 360 has a bit more potential left in it, but at this rate I'm not sure we'll ever see it.

Jacobi said:
:lol :lol :lol
I remember Halo fans saying Crysis is sooo uninnovative and brings nothing new to the table

Actually it had a far greater impact overall than Crysis does. It, in itself, really allowed FPS to take off on consoles. Halo did do some neat things as well, but it's impact on the industry overall is infinitely greater than whatever Crysis did, which was just established a benchmark for visuals on PC.

Top Bottom