• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So why is Oliver going back to Slade? To help him finish Chase?

The finale is
set on the island. Seems like Chase has been abducting people close to Oliver and keeping them there. When you're up against a foe, on an isolated island, who's prepared for any reasonable thing you might do... who else can you can call but one of the strongest fighters in the world who's already secretly there and waiting?

And, I think in terms of strategy:
recruiting Slade is a move that Prometheus probably hasn't accounted for.

shingi70

Banned
Barrowman has a contract for all of the Arrowverse shows right? I'm wondering if we see him pop up in Black Lightning season 1.

morningbus

Barrowman has a contract for all of the Arrowverse shows right? I'm wondering if we see him pop up in Black Lightning season 1.

Depends on whether it is even set within the main Arrowverse. It apparently taking place in Los Angeles makes me think that it might not be as they've mostly used fake DC cities so far.

But even then, I would say he probably won't. He didn't appear on Supergirl this year, either.

ShadyK54

Was Black Lightning confirmed to be a part of the Arrowverse? I thought I had seen something saying it might not be. (I could be totally wrong)

ZeroX03

Banned
And, I think in terms of strategy:
recruiting Slade is a move that Prometheus probably hasn't accounted for.

Yeah, but what he didn't really account for was
Captain Boomerang, mate

Errrrm yes, but I'd be surprised if that was for more than one season, and it seems that series regular contract didn't amount to much more than a glorified special guest star gig for the people on it anyway. Even Katie Cassidy is coming back full time on Arrow.

Plus it seems like Black Lightning (which still isn't confirmed past a pilot) might not be Arrowverse Earth. Seems more suited to it's own Earth or Supergirl's.

But even then, I would say he probably won't. He didn't appear on Supergirl this year, either.

He also specifically asked to be on Flash too, he would've been strictly Legends and Arrow otherwise. Which anyone could've expected.

MartyStu

I think they're going to keep to the idea that while Oliver is a superior combatant, Prometheus is better prepared and has a contingency plan for any fighter. His training is specifically to counter Oliver too. Prometheus is ten steps ahead you might say.

So Prometheus is Batman.

Hmm. Oliver has been trained by many people though, including Slade.

Most of Ollie's training is League of Assassins training - Yao Fei, Shado, Talia and Ras al Ghul are all teaching him from the same playbook.

His outside influences are Slade, Waller, Tatsu and Maseo, and the Bratva.

I think they're going to keep to the idea that while Oliver is a superior combatant, Prometheus is better prepared and has a contingency plan for any fighter. His training is specifically to counter Oliver too. Prometheus is ten steps ahead you might say.

So similar to the comics in that sense

shingi70

Banned
Was Black Lightning confirmed to be a part of the Arrowverse? I thought I had seen something saying it might not be. (I could be totally wrong)

Captain Boomerang, mate

Errrrm yes, but I'd be surprised if that was for more than one season, and it seems that series regular contract didn't amount to much more than a glorified special guest star gig for the people on it anyway. Even Katie Cassidy is coming back full time on Arrow.

Plus it seems like Black Lightning (which still isn't confirmed past a pilot) might not be Arrowverse Earth. Seems more suited to it's own Earth or Supergirl's.

He also specifically asked to be on Flash too, he would've been strictly Legends and Arrow otherwise. Which anyone could've expected.

I just assumed Black Lignting would exist in the Areowverse, supergirl was an expection due it to be on another network. It wouldn't make sense for a show from the CW not to be apart of its connected universe and squander crossover potential.

Plus one if the first Villians Black Lighnting fought in his solo series was Merlyn, and Green Arrow tries to recruit BL into the Justice League.

ZeroX03

Banned
I just assumed Black Lignting would exist in the Areowverse, supergirl was an expection due it to be on another network. It wouldn't make sense for a show from the CW not to be apart of its connected universe and squander crossover potential.

Plus one if the first Villians Black Lighnting fought in his solo series was Merlyn, and Green Arrow tries to recruit BL into the Justice League.

Black Lightning exists in a world where superheroes have been established for years. It also actually started development on FOX not The CW. It doesn't quite fit the established history of the Arrowverse. It can still be part of the multiverse, just probably not Earth-1.

Black Lightning exists in a world where superheroes have been established for years. It also actually started development on FOX not The CW. It doesn't quite fit the established history of the Arrowverse. It can still be part of the multiverse, just probably not Earth-1.

It would fit on Earth-38 (Supergirl) pretty well. Just not Earth-1 (Arrow, Flash, Legends)

morningbus

Yeah, I think Black Lightning would actually work better on Supergirl's earth.

Then we'd get one of the students at Black Lightning's highschool talking about how Superman only ever flys by their neighborhood.

shingi70

Banned

How much of that could have changed within the move from Fox to CW. None of the major components of the show were set until the CW got the show.

It would just suck being the Black hero sectioned off on his own island, and unable to easily interact with the others.

How much of that could have changed within the move from Fox to CW. None of the major components of the show were set until the CW got the show.

It would just suck being the Black hero sectioned off on his own island, and unable to easily interact with the others.

The fact that Black Lightning was an active, outward hero at one point and retired is pretty much locked in.

I feel like that would be a problem, but then folks pointed to the Justice Society in Legends, so I just shrug.

shingi70

Banned
The fact that Black Lightning was an active, outward hero at one point and retired is pretty much locked in.

I feel like that would be a problem, but then folks pointed to the Justice Society in Legends, so I just shrug.

That was my point the JSA, plus you could make him an urban legend until he comes back,

ZeroX03

Banned

I'm not sure how public the JSA was. They seemed to be a mostly covert organization and Nate's knowledge of them came from his family ties. They existed longer ago too, clearly they didn't make enough of an impact to stay in the public consciousness (doesn't help they all disappeared in time). The Flash seems to very much be the public's first experience with superpowers, even if magic and metas existed before him.

Joni

I'm not even sure Oliver is that known outside of Star City. It could be a situation like the Arrow himself or even Laurels boxing trainer that was out there but everyone just forgot. Might be harder here because actual powers.

Then we'd get one of the students at Black Lightning's highschool talking about how Superman only ever flys by their neighborhood.

Powerless did that as a joke.

morningbus

Powerless did that as a joke.

I haven't seen the last three Powerless episodes.

Is that in a Superman doesn't care about black people way or a doesn't care about Charm City kind of way?

My way gets us to an on-screen version of Muhammad X.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Captain Boomerang, mate

Plus there's the whole "how'd Merlyn get to another Earth thing." And technically he's interacted with Supergirl already.

I see it more as a "shit, we're screwed, let's grab the heavy hitters" thing ala Supergitl for crossovers. Black Lightning is really OP when you think about it.

Joni

I haven't seen the last three Powerless episodes.

Is that in a Superman doesn't care about black people way or a doesn't care about Charm City kind of way?

My way gets us to an on-screen version of Muhammad X.
The big superheroes don't care about this stupid town kind of way and they all want to be in Metropolis. I'd watch it again, it got better.

morningbus

The big superheroes don't care about this stupid town kind of way and they all want to be in Metropolis. I'd watch it again, it got better.

Yeah, I saw at least one episode that dealt with that.

I haven't dropped it or anything and I have a friend who works on the show. The random, at the last minute breaks just killed any kind of habit.

TheFlow

Banned
Ok so what is the watch order.

I finished flash season 1, and watched like 5 episodes of arrow season 3.

When should I start league of legends? And flash season 2?

morningbus

This is from the last time someone asked for the viewing order:

1) Arrow S1
2) Arrow S2
3) Flash S1 + Arrow S3, trading off between episodes starting with Flash.
4) Flash S2 + Arrow S4, trading off until the crossover, then add Legends S1, watching episodes after Arrow. You can watch Supergirl S1 at any time here. The crossover with Flash doesn't matter.
5) Supergirl S2 + Flash S3 + Arrow S5 + Legends S2, Watching episodes in that order. Supergirl doesn't really matter here again in terms of strict continuity, so if you are skipping the show for now it doesn't matter. Legends is now airing after Flash, but that hasn't seemed to matter yet in terms of continuity, so I say keep watching in the original order.

TheFlow

Banned
This is from the last time someone asked for the viewing order:

1) Arrow S1
2) Arrow S2
3) Flash S1 + Arrow S3, trading off between episodes starting with Flash.
4) Flash S2 + Arrow S4, trading off until the crossover, then add Legends S1, watching episodes after Arrow. You can watch Supergirl S1 at any time here. The crossover with Flash doesn't matter.
5) Supergirl S2 + Flash S3 + Arrow S5 + Legends S2, Watching episodes in that order. Supergirl doesn't really matter here again in terms of strict continuity, so if you are skipping the show for now it doesn't matter. Legends is now airing after Flash, but that hasn't seemed to matter yet in terms of continuity, so I say keep watching in the original order.
Thank you so much! Screenshotted this. I am ready to get back into this

Season is currently $20 on iTunes right now.

NFOkG38.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Can't get over how Ray went full iron man in season 3

I never rewatched Season 3, he was a lot more suave then, right? I just remember he was #MrStealYoGirl with Felicity and then got blown up.

TheFlow

Banned
I never rewatched Season 3, he was a lot more suave then, right? I just remember he was #MrStealYoGirl with Felicity and then got blown up.
Yea he started off being a baller but quickly made it clear he was a beta. Think he loses felicity in the same season he got her

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yea he started off being a baller but quickly made it clear he was a beta. Think he loses felicity in the same season he got her

Supposedly the character was originally Ted Kord but they couldn't use him so it was changed to Ray Palmer. I have my own theory that whatever Charlton Comics legal issues prevented Kord is also why none of the shows have been able to do The Question. Kevin Smith has mentioned doing a treatment for a movie and it getting wiped off the map by legal entanglements.

Magwik

Banned
Supposedly the character was originally Ted Kord but they couldn't use him so it was changed to Ray Palmer. I have my own theory that whatever Charlton Comics legal issues prevented Kord is also why none of the shows have been able to do The Question. Kevin Smith has mentioned doing a treatment for a movie and it getting wiped off the map by legal entanglements.

I'd like to think Kord and co are off limits due to Titans.

TheFlow

Banned
Oh man that sucks. Question would of been amazing to see live

Joni

Ted Kord was off limits for Booster Gold & Blue Beetle: The Movie. Greg Berlanti even got the directing seat for that one. No clue if that one is still on the table with all the things DCEU and with the fact that they are back to teasing Kord Industries on Arrow.

morningbus

DC has owned the Charlton Comics characters for so long I doubt there is any huge legal hurdle. At most it seems they have been wanting to repair the relationship with the creators of many of their characters, see Bill Finger finally being instated into Batman's history or even working something out with the creator of Black Lightning.

But I don't doubt that they're legally in the clear to use these characters.

ZeroX03

Banned
We're back! Uninterrupted run to the finale!

#5.19 "Oliver vs. Felicity"
Episode Promo
Season 5 Sizzle
THE SEARCH FOR CHASE INTENSIFIES - Oliver (Stephen Amell), Team Arrow, ARGUS and the SCPD kick off a citywide manhunt for Adrian Chase (Josh Segurra). Helix tells Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) they have a way to find Chase but they will need something big, and illegal, from her in return. Oliver is shocked that a member of his team would do something illegal. Joel Novoa directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Elizabeth Kim (#519)
ar519a-0031b-989171.jpg

DeathyBoy

Banned

Smallville used Kord though.

Top Bottom