• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ewan McGregor to Star in Disney's 'Christopher Robin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prompto

Banned
Ewan McGregor is in talks to star in Disney's Christopher Robin.

Disney's live-action film, which will be helmed by World War Z and Quantum of Solace director Marc Forster, centers on the child from the A. A. Milne’s Winnie the Pooh stories — but he's all grown up.

McGregor will play the adult Christopher Robin, who's lost his sense of imagination and is a businessman focused on work and success.

The studio also is bringing in Oscar-nominated screenwriter Allison Schroeder (Hidden Figures) to take a new pass of the script. Alex Ross Perry wrote the screenplay, with Tom McCarthy working on a later draft.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ewan-mcgregor-star-disneys-christopher-robin-997556

Hidden Figures was good so maybe this might turn out to be interesting?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Yes, that's right Ewan. Bide your time. Wait patiently for the Obi-Wan spin-off.

McGregor will play the adult Christopher Robin, who's lost his sense of imagination and is a businessman focused on work and success.

What a great Hook.

tumblr_inline_oiuvdoaKwi1r6y7ea_1280.png

SpaceWolf

Banned
I'd love to see this premise with Calvin and Hobbes. A 34 year old Calvin, now a flustered board-room executive, trying to reconnect with Hobbes during a weekend stay with his parents.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Wasn't this idea incredibly similar to a fantasy movie pitch given by Max Landis?

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I'd love to see this premise with Calvin and Hobbes. A 34 year old Calvin, now a flustered board-room executive, trying to reconnect with Hobbes during a weekend stay with his parents.

Ew, no.

C&H is perfection as is. Thank god Bill Watterson has such a tight grip on the rights.

El Topo

Oh God. Oh no. Oh God. Oh no. No. Nonono. Oh God. Why, Disney? Why? No. Oh God. No.
*breaks down due to baseball flashbacks*

Christopher Robin heads back to the 100 Acre Woods to help Pooh find investigate a string of connected murders.

Eeyore is dead
Tigger is a meth addict
Owl is the head of an organized crime group

This stuff just writes itself.

Thank god Alex Ross Perry isn't wasting time directing this, I still would have been pretty interested to see it like PTA's Pinocchio because it's so out there in their filmography, but I'd rather they spend time doing something else.

Toothless

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!!

Writer of Hidden Figures is a HUGE FUCKING STEP DOWN from the writer of Listen Up Phillip or the writer of Spotlight. This project sounded interesting to me always because Perry was supposed to write and direct; removing him (or McCarthy) and adding in Forster (who has proven to be a dull blockbuster director) makes it a generic adaptation like most of Disney's recent remakes. Ugh, this sounds dreadful now.

So this isn't about A.A Milne's son of the same name that grew up resenting the fact that his father used his name for the character?

Volimar

This sounds terrible, but then if you had read me the synopsis of Hook before I saw it I would have said the same, and I really liked that film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom