• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Star Wars Battlefront II Gameplay

Majin Boo

I kinda burnt myself out with the first one, but if they significantly improved the shooting I might still bite. Definitely looks nice, and Droids, Maul and Duel of the Fates are all great as well.

fantomena

Jup. Just like Xbox has no games in every Scorpio thread. ;)

Haha :p

Well so far this year Xbox has just gotten Phantom Dust and Halo Wars 2 though. Might have forgotten something.

And this game is 4K/60fps on Scorpio? Oh my.

We don't really know. Might be on medium-ish graphic settings. The first Battlefront was fantastic optimized on PC, so if it has the same opitmization it could get 4k60FPS on Scoprio with ala medium settings.

Didn't like the first one much, though it already looked good.
Maybe this is better. Did i hear correctly that this will het a SP campaign?

jmaine_ph

This game looks stunning and it seems like they make the third person FOV closer but this is PC so it could just be a slider preference.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The compression on this is brutal but you can still tell the game look excellent. The hero animations are much more fluid. Want to see some non-hero gameplay though.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Looks really good but I'm itching for some trooper gameplay.

Was that Daisy Ridley? At times it sounds like her and other times like the VA they got for Jyn in the DLC for Battlefront 2015.

Yeah, I was wondering this myself. Usually I'm really good at identifying voices, but I kept going back and forth on it.

DieH@rd

Banned
Even with the potato quality vid, materials and lightning look amazing.

I really do hope the singleplayer campaign will be good.

GHG

Gold Member
Looks nice graphically but it also looks boring. I made the mistake of getting the first one close to release and it was very very shallow and got old fast.

Gurish

Looks insanely good!

Edit: graphics are really coming close to realism:p i guess a few gens to go till full diminishing returns.

Indeed, I feel like next gen should be at 2020 or later minimum, otherwise the jump won't feel significant enough, visuals are already good enough to hold on for years.

Slixshot

Banned
Why? Jedi and Sith should be extremely formidable. Plus it looks hilarious when they come in a hallway and people start running

Nah man the blocking/deflecting back at your enemies is totally fine! Makes complete sense. But it was the bullet sponges that they were from taking hits. Like if I shoot a hero a dozen times, he should go down. Rather than in the first game where it took probably like 100+ blaster shots to take them down.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I don't know if this was already in BF1 but i love these little details.

2017-06-1015_14_58-ficpqvh.png

Reminds me of Jedi Knight 2 and Jedi Academy.

Working-Linux-Port-of-Star-Wars-Jedi-Knight-II-Jedi-Outcast-Is-Out-Download-and-Play-2.jpg

TheRed

Looks amazing. What was wrong with that guy's camera control, it was so juddery it was giving me a headache.
Oh and I can't stand NukemDuken vids after watching his Siege stuff, seemed like a decent enough guy but all his videos and thumbnails are clickbait garbage.

New002

Looks nice graphically but it also looks boring. I made the mistake of getting the first one close to release and it was very very shallow and got old fast.

This is my fear honestly. Trying to temper my expectations because these visuals got me hype. I hope the gameplay matches the visuals.

Can't understand how can someone not be impressed by it graphically I can fool people who don't play videogames into thinking this is real life footage almost, or CGI at the least.

I remember people saying the exact same thing about the first game as well. Yes its pretty on a high end PC, most AAA games are but that doesn't mean everything graphically is perfect. The animations in particular are janky at times and even then it doesn't ultimately matter how it looks it matters how it plays and showing Hero only gameplay wasn't a great idea (also the guy playing it really seems to suck which doesn't help anything) but the general sense we can get from the gameplay isn't all that impressive. Granted that could easily be for multiple reasons but I'm not really trying to shit on the game or anything this just doesn't get me excited. Witcher 3 on max settings is really freaking pretty too and thats great for it but thats easily the least important or interesting thing about that game.

Top Bottom