• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

imAJxnv.gif

Continuing my mistake of starting the day, I accidentally posted 2591 early.

Basically the following:

Blarg has me on his list: (Super townie)
Blarg has cabot on his list: (Very likely townie)
Blarg has Ri'Orius on his list: (Town, PR no less)
Blarg has token scum on his list potentially, SkyOdin.

Time to reevaluate methinks. Of course Blarg could just be wrong, but who knows.

I'll admit I was wrong about Ri'Orious (and how), yet I don't see how you and cabot are Town at all, cabot especially.

And yes, I'll be sticking to my guns re: Mafia!Sky. I've thought he's Mafia for a while now, and not due to that shallow reason you're insinuating

Flame_AC

I'll admit I was wrong about Ri'Orious (and how), yet I don't see how you and cabot are Town at all, cabot especially.

And yes, I'll be sticking to my guns re: Mafia!Sky. I've thought he's Mafia for a while now, and not due to that shallow reason you're insinuating

It's not like I'm here pushing for your lynch, just pointing out some suspect things. Zeusy is the hill I'll stand on for now.

In regards to people thinking Swamped was scum, in my cursory read through Swamped's D3/4, I think it was just Zipped and cabot.

SkyOdin

From my point of view, at that moment in the game, Swamped was a top 5 town player at the time (Day 3/4) as you can see here (you, SkyOdin, were just above her in towniness too):

Quite the 4 players there, I was right about cabot at the very least. Though of course a scum person would know that cabot was town, so not like that does me any good.

I think you'd agree that, at the very least, Swamped was putting forward a good effort in the game and was making some okayish points. So I was wrong, sorry about that. I think cabot is the towniest player here right, as many have noticed, and cabot was pretty anti-Swamped. I thought he was wrong then, but apparently not. It's okay to be wrong, but I'm certainly trying here.

While you talk about me defending Swamped, I do think that you should talk about your own defense of her. You immediately jumped on town cabot when he went for scum Swamped, why?
I actually had to go back over my old posts to even figure out what you were talking about, since I don't recall ever defending Swamped. And I didn't! I believe you are talking about a post I made in response to cabot saying that he scum-read Swamped. All I asked was: "On what basis?" I wasn't defending Swamped. On the contrary, I am ashamed to admit that she barely registered on my reads lists. I was just asking why he thought that. I don't like it when people throw out reads without at least giving a token explanation for those reads.

In comparison, you through out that softball question unprovoked, essentially asking Swamped to talk about how she must be totally town.

You also still haven't explained why you Swamped just happened to share a mutual interest in OA's scum chat and the players involved in it. Swamped spent a lot of time trying to throw shade on WaffleTaco.

Flame_AC

I actually had to go back over my old posts to even figure out what you were talking about, since I don't recall ever defending Swamped. And I didn't! I believe you are talking about a post I made in response to cabot saying that he scum-read Swamped. All I asked was: "On what basis?" I wasn't defending Swamped. On the contrary, I am ashamed to admit that she barely registered on my reads lists. I was just asking why he thought that. I don't like it when people throw out reads without at least giving a token explanation for those reads.

In comparison, you through out that softball question unprovoked, essentially asking Swamped to talk about how she must be totally town.

You also still haven't explained why you Swamped just happened to share a mutual interest in OA's scum chat and the players involved in it. Swamped spent a lot of time trying to throw shade on WaffleTaco.

Yes, that is the post I was referring to. To me, I saw it as an attack on Swamped's attacker. It was immediate too, which is something that stuck out to me. But honestly, you're far down on the list of scum I'm pursuing. Fair enough in regards to your explanation.

Yes, it wasn't exactly a hardball question (like some of the ones I've thrown at Zeusy), the difference here, and you can roast me all you want for it, it's the true. I thought Swamped was town, I don't think Zeusy is town. People I think are scum tend to get harder questions from me.

I feel like trying to pin Swamped and I together based on our interest in the gossip chat is a stretch. I've consistently asked if there's anything going on and for role information from OceanicAir (to no avail). I feel like that is a very pro-town thing to do, the fact that Swamped did this too, but to a lesser extent, just makes me feel like they were town. Sure, scum takes an interest in the gossip chat, and I'd argue her push for some info somewhat helps Zeusy out, since if Zeusy was scum she'd have no reason to ask about it. Unless she's that good of a player? She could have just left the gossip questioning to me, but for whatever reason decided not to.

Since we're here: OceanicAir, how's the gossip chat? Being used at the very least? What's your trust level of the people in there currently? Also, do you care to give us all your role name.

(Also wanna throw it out there again that if Swamped had claimed with her fake claim, I would have very strongly advocated for her lynch, since the character is the SPOILER:
kinda-villain

Flame_AC

Scum made it 4 days with no deaths. I'd expect at least some subtle bussing. To clear those who scum-read Swamped is disingenuous.

True. But it at least let's us separate people into certain groups. There could be people who said Swamped was scum that are scum themselves, and people who said she was town that are secret scum. And then of course the unfortunate group of people who thought she was town (more then just me SkyOdin) when she was scum.

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Zeusy (1)
Flame_AC 2599

Flame_AC (1)
SkyOdin 2595

No active vote for Day 5: *Splinter, Blargonaut, Bronx-Man, cabot, Kalor, Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy, OceanicAir, WaffleTaco, Zeusy, Zippedpinhead

Day 5 Postcount: *Splinter 5, Blargonaut 4, Bronx-Man 2, cabot 0, Flame_AC 14, Kalor 2, Kyanrute 4, Lone_Prodigy 2, OceanicAir 2, SkyOdin 3, WaffleTaco 0, Zeusy 1, Zippedpinhead 1

Day 5 ends:
pin_1503525600.png

Automated vote tally here

7 votes for majority

True. But it at least let's us separate people into certain groups. There could be people who said Swamped was scum that are scum themselves, and people who said she was town that are secret scum. And then of course the unfortunate group of people who thought she was town (more then just me SkyOdin) when she was scum.

Scum that think she's scum
Town that think she's scum
Scum that think she's town
Town that think she's town

Covered all the bases.

cabot

Swamped flipping scum is interesting. I'm sort of back on leaning splinter could be scum because of his read on Ri yesterday. Like I dunno how you couldn't say he was scummy.

I also felt his defense of her made possible from my read they were on the same team. We were deep in the tunnel at this point though.

I'll take a looksie at other interactions with swamped.

cabot

Something I noted with swamped before is that I don't think she is one to strongly bus a team mate. I've seen her try to defend scum partner Blarg I. A game when it was way past the point of no return.

That's why I'm suspicious of her town reads

cabot

She kind of lumped Bronx in the same I don't know what to think category as ri, which makes me feel very slightly better on him

*Splinter

That is the most bizarre set of conclusions from Flame. Cabot confirmed town for scumreading someone who isn't even playing? Blarg and Sky connected because... I don't even know the connection.

Also, I specifically remember Splinter going hard to defend Swamped
Yeah well remember better, I had no read on Swamped because she had only done the standard catch-up posts. Cabot being so certain on a player with no information was suspicious in itself, and the fact he was right only makes it more suspicious.

And I hadn't even considered the fact she was a bomb until Ocean pointed it out.

*Splinter

Cabot continues to hold on TheG and Swamped train until she was killed during the night, seems like a pretty solid case for town cabot.

I'll just go ahead and go against what I just said about Blarg. The interactions between the two have just been them telling each other how town each other were, consistently, in both Day 3 and Day 4. Then we have Blarg's read list a page or few back and it just seems awfully convenient that the list is 3 town and 1 scum.
I take it you know something we don't, Flame? Because that's a hell of a slip if you don't have something to back it up.

*Splinter

No this is impossible. I've tried tracking Flame's thought process through those posts and it's something like this:

- Cabot is all but confirmed town for scumreading Swamped. That's ridiculously trusting for a supposed townie but let's pretend he believes it.
- Blarg and I think Sky initially also look town for scumreading Swamped.
- Blarg looks scummy because he posted a reads list with 3 town and one scum on it... even though two of those players aren't flipped yet.
- Ok so let's see why Sky is confirmed scum... Oh it's because he's on Blarg's scumlist, and now that Blarg is scum his reads would definitely include 3 town and 1 scum... even though he's only scum because his reads included 3 town and 1 scum... even though two of those reads aren't flipped yet, and the scum read is based on being included on Blarg's scumlist, which has to include 3 town and 1 scum because Blarg is scum, and Blarg is scum because

*pauses for breath*

because his reads list included 3 town and 1 scum, and etc. etc. etc.

Don't bother trying to read that sentence, it's a fucking nonsense.

VOTE: Flame_ac

Kyanrute

I probably won't post anymore responses except for one more around 5 hours or so from now, so I won't be around for end of day shenanigans. I will try to make an educated guess around that time period, based on the information that is available. I have kept up with reading, but have been troubled with trying to articulate a response with all of the information around. I do think that today is make or break it for town though.

It looks like the people have spoken.

vote: Ri'Orius

Give us your opinion, not the opinion of the masses, on where should we go now.

Kyanrute

Is this right?

Night 1 - 2 kills
Night 2 - 1 kill
Night 3 - 1 kill
Night 4 - 2 kills

Assuming 2 kills per night, and 1 missing kill was Swamped (bulletproof), we have one kill unaccounted.

Not super interested in that right now, but if Kyan could kill then there would have been a third (failed) kill on night 1, which seems unlikely with 2 kills in the other nights.

cabot is what he claims to be, sk shot Swamped and cabot. #longshot Alternatively and more likely, blocks. Scum should then have an idea who the sk is. If the block is a town role, dang. No sk? I dunno.

No point really to go further without more info.

Kyanrute

Ri'Orius?

Really? I'm not buying it...

My votes on swamped. She is my top scum. I also have a strong scum read on waffletaco. I'm sure there are more than 2 scum but I'm not entirely sure who (might be oceanicair, might be you, might be kyan, could be any or even all of those just not as strong a read as those other two...)

This felt fake yesterday and gives the same vibe still. Posturing for a townie lynch while keeping the flame under a scum mate warm?

and then the townie does not die and the mate is killed

*Splinter

cabot is what he claims to be, sk shot Swamped and cabot. #longshot Alternatively and more likely, blocks. Scum should then have an idea who the sk is. If the block is a town role, dang. No sk? I dunno.

No point really to go further without more info.
Yeah I'm not worried about the missing kill. Either there was a doubling up on batsnacks or it'll all come out when we mass claim.

The important point is that there probably wasn't a third NK on N1

Kyanrute

Also, do you care to give us all your role name.

(Also wanna throw it out there again that if Swamped had claimed with her fake claim, I would have very strongly advocated for her lynch, since the character is the SPOILER:
kinda-villain

And yes, that hypothetical Swamped lynch would be entirely flavor based and would look horrible.

Mr. Lyncher, why the interest in the names, especially now that we know scum have fake claims? You yourself mention that using names as basis for a lynch would be a horrible thing to do, yet you do not seem to adhere to your own standards.

*Splinter

This felt fake yesterday and gives the same vibe still. Posturing for a townie lynch while keeping the flame under a scum mate warm?

and then the townie does not die and the mate is killed
I feel better about Zipped today. My money is on him being responsible for Swamped's death.

Whether he's town or neutral I don't know or particularly care at this point.

Kyanrute

Oh no way in hell I'm going through everything thing again, I was reading past days and noticed zipped always ended of voting for the person that got lynched (except day 1, he unvoted) this is the perfect disguise for any scum to follow suit and fit in perfectly while at the same time getting attention off his back. I also have another person that grabbed my attention recently, but I need to re-read some more things before I claim anything.

The surprise person number two is...?

extra points for mentioning a person who is alive

a bonus round if the reasoning behind the choice of mystery person II is explained

*Splinter

If Flame is Swamped's teammate, and felt that her fake claim wasn't good enough cover, it would explain his interest in names throughout this game.

Kyanrute

If Flame is Swamped's teammate, and felt that her fake claim wasn't good enough cover, it would explain his interest in names throughout this game.

...flame asks for names to see if others have shit names too...

Well. That is a theory. Clowny as hell so I like it.

Zipped how exactly did you so accurately scum-read Swamped

It was the following post and then her hot vote for Ri' (like my post from a couple days ago said. She never came back to really defend it and never tried to sway my thinking. I interpreted it to be a scum maneuver of avoiding an accurate read that wasn't picked up on.

So I doubled down yesterday.

Kalor what's the reason for your read on Ri? It's not just you, a lot of people seem to scum read him.

Going through his posts myself, they seem pretty innocuous on the surface. He doesn't stir the pot much, but that doesn't say anything about alignment. He wants to follow Blarg's plan of voting off Kyan, but wavers a bit there. In general I think his posts seem to hold back a bit. At the end of D1 he switched from AB to Dusk, but that doesn't say much either because they were both town and he probably just wanted to avoid a tie. D2 he votes for CCS. So I don't get much from his votes either. Basically I don't know what to think of Ri.

Similarly with Bronx, some people scumread him saying he's slightly off from other games. Can someone volunteer to elaborate? I'm not getting much from him either.

---

OHHH wait, maybe I'm slow but doesn't CCS's (claimed) N1 action clear Kyan completely? CCS claimed that even if he targeted a non-killing mafia, there would be two kills.

My conversations with isaacnukem and initial assessment still stood when I last got in thread a few hours before day end. Completely missed Day end due to taking my kids to an indoor park (my last post was hours prior to day end when I checked the thread that morning).

Are you asking why I didn't flip flop? I wasn't in thread so I didn't have a chance to even think about it. Would I? I don't know, especially because now I know that Isaacnukem really was just fooling around and my original argument with you and him was completely misread.

Honestly, rereading the whole day end is leaving me with new reads. Oceanicair's drive by vote and post at Day end is giving me sketch vibes. Also swamped. Getting a real scum vibe from her. Especially her defense and then pivot on her vote today so far.

She really lays into you but then pivots and drops a hot vote on Ri'Orius.

In fact I think I'll drop a vote on her to see is we can get more interaction.

vote: Swamped

I'll thank whoever took her out, but now I'm back to getting drawing board. My top really was scum, but my second (waffletaco) was also scum read by swamped. It could be scum of throwing shade on town, but it was a mild scum read from swamped (so it could be scum casually scum reading a teammate)

I'm leaning towards it being scum throwing shade on a townie though...

Flame_AC

I take it you know something we don't, Flame? Because that's a hell of a slip if you don't have something to back it up.

In the context of the post, don't take it out, I was referring to the idea that Blarg was scum. If we take that to be true, then the post will make sense.

Town: Me. Cabot. Ri'Orius. I know my role, cabot has proven himself, and Ri'Orius is dead.

So all that leaves is Scum: SkyOdin.

3 Town, 1 Scum, that's all it was. I was basing it around the idea that scum Blarg would never make a mafia list at this point in the game without one of his teammates.

Flame_AC

No this is impossible. I've tried tracking Flame's thought process through those posts and it's something like this:

- Cabot is all but confirmed town for scumreading Swamped. That's ridiculously trusting for a supposed townie but let's pretend he believes it.
- Blarg and I think Sky initially also look town for scumreading Swamped.
- Blarg looks scummy because he posted a reads list with 3 town and one scum on it... even though two of those players aren't flipped yet.
- Ok so let's see why Sky is confirmed scum... Oh it's because he's on Blarg's scumlist, and now that Blarg is scum his reads would definitely include 3 town and 1 scum... even though he's only scum because his reads included 3 town and 1 scum... even though two of those reads aren't flipped yet, and the scum read is based on being included on Blarg's scumlist, which has to include 3 town and 1 scum because Blarg is scum, and Blarg is scum because

*pauses for breath*

because his reads list included 3 town and 1 scum, and etc. etc. etc.

Don't bother trying to read that sentence, it's a fucking nonsense.

In continuing to catch up, I really don't see why you're having an issue. The post was before it was brought up that Sky scumread Swamped. Until then, I didn't recall that fact, sorry for having a poor memory. At this point, I think cabot has played well enough, at the very least for Day 5, to be considered town. I know I'm town. Ri' is dead. It was all just speculation that you're trying to clamp down on. My early Day 5 views on Blarg were before I completely reread the interactions between him and Swamped, it was based off of early Day 3 stuff. So again, sorry for not remembering it all in perfect detail. That's specifically why I went back and reread this stuff.

Just remember, I'm not here trying to push a SkyOdin or Blargonaut lynch. I'm on the Zeusy train.

Flame_AC

The surprise person number two is...?

extra points for mentioning a person who is alive

a bonus round if the reasoning behind the choice of mystery person II is explained

I asked Zeusy to give that up yesterday, but he wouldn't do it. But I'll join the chorus here, give up the name Zeusy!

Flame_AC

What purpose would knowing flavor names of already confirmed roles do for me? I can figure out who a character probably is based on their role ability, or at least take an okay guess. If I was scum, I alreayd know who town is and so the only point of getting names is to know someone is a PR. But, I only ask people who have already outed their power themselves what their name is... so it doesn't really make for a good strategy for scum me?
...flame asks for names to see if others have shit names too...

Well. That is a theory. Clowny as hell so I like it.
It's a theory I guess. But if names are indicative of alignment as they probably are, it's something that could help town too.
It's possible he does this every game, I just don't remember it ever standing out as much as it has this game.
I don't do this every game cause I don't know as much about the flavor as I do with this game. I wouldn't be asking this stuff in a game like anime mafia because all the flavor wouldn't help me. At least in this game it has a slim chance of helping.

Kyanrute

In the context of the post, don't take it out, I was referring to the idea that Blarg was scum. If we take that to be true, then the post will make sense.

Town: Me. Cabot. Ri'Orius. I know my role, cabot has proven himself, and Ri'Orius is dead.

So all that leaves is Scum: SkyOdin.

3 Town, 1 Scum, that's all it was. I was basing it around the idea that scum Blarg would never make a mafia list at this point in the game without one of his teammates.

?

What exactly has cabot proven? Nothing as far as I can see.

Kyanrute

What purpose would knowing flavor names of already confirmed roles do for me? I can figure out who a character probably is based on their role ability, or at least take an okay guess. If I was scum, I alreayd know who town is and so the only point of getting names is to know someone is a PR. But, I only ask people who have already outed their power themselves what their name is... so it doesn't really make for a good strategy for scum me?

I take issue with the name begging because it fits a lyncher. A lyncher exits game early and thus is an indirect threat to town.

*Splinter

I don't do this every game cause I don't know as much about the flavor as I do with this game. I wouldn't be asking this stuff in a game like anime mafia because all the flavor wouldn't help me. At least in this game it has a slim chance of helping.
Fair answer.

?

What exactly has cabot proven? Nothing as far as I can see.
I honestly think Flame slipped the alignments of cab and Sky and now he's just forced to roll with it. It's the only way I can explain the repeated 100% townreads on Cabot in his next several posts. Bury the mistake in bad play, so to speak.

Kyanrute

Fair answer.

Is it? One can design a game where role names act as alignments or as alignment hints, but were that the case, I'd expect there be a role to utilize this. Haven't seen anything like that yet. Our cop bypassed the names altogether as well.

Again, all I see is lynchers.

Kyanrute

It's a theory I guess. But if names are indicative of alignment as they probably are, it's something that could help town too.

If scum have fake claims, the names do not matter, unless we have a way to tell that the name a person is giving is not their real name. Giving scum fake claims that'd implicate them outright is a mark of a bastard moderator running a bastard game.

You are either a name cop, a lyncher, or just scum fluffing around. The odds alone are not on your side.

Kyanrute

And obviously, a player who withholds information about the game being a bastard game needs one heck of a reason to do that as town.

VOTE: Flame_AC

*Splinter

Is it? One can design a game where role names act as alignments or as alignment hints, but were that the case, I'd expect there be a role to utilize this. Haven't seen anything like that yet. Our cop bypassed the names altogether as well.

Again, all I see is lynchers.
To clarify, I think it's a bad reason to be interested in role names, but also a believable reason to be interested in role names.

i always caution to reveal role names,

For instance if someone is named Cole, then obviously they would immediately present themselves with a huge target on their back.

But what about people like Lucy Kuo or Moya Jones (characters that are aligned on good paths but do shady or downright bad things or people like Hank daughtry, Sasha or Nix, who the main character can become aligned with but are on the "bad karma" paths or do bad things?

Name hunting sounds more dangerous as with this much Grey area, the only person who can use them are name "investigators" and even then if they expose themselves scum could get them.

More trouble than good at this point, becsuse sharing sounds like a death wish for the person requesting why.

Flame_AC

Its a rare thing indeed that makes me sign into mobile GAF.

Splinter is making a case off two ways of me saying the same thing.

All of the posts they're referencing are of the specific case of Blarg being scum. If Blarg was scum, id very much expect a token scim in this case.

I know I'm not it. Ri is dead. Cabot feels like strong town to me. So the only option in the train of thought is SkyOdin to be the scum.

3 town, 1 scum. In this particular train of thought.

Top Bottom