• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF: Your Posts acting up and Search function missing?

Kalentan

Hey so unsure if this is happening to anyone else but at least on Desktop on either my comp or tablet I noticed that not only is Your Posts not working at all but the search function is just missing having been replaced by Mark Forum Read..

I would have well, used the search function to see if this was a known issue but didn't see anything on twitter nor any threads about it.

Sorry if a thread like this isn't allowed and can be removed if this has already been addressed elsewhere.

Neptonic

The “search for your quoted posts” chrome extension works like 75% of the time now for some reason, I get an assortment of errors for that 25%.
Started happening 3 days ago

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Whenever something wrong happens with the site I always assume I got banned.

KyleCross

So uh, search is now just straight up gone for me. No search button in the top bar, in threads, or in the forums bar. Any attempt to search through other means results in a message saying searching isn't allowed.

So uh, search is now just straight up gone for me. No search button in the top bar, in threads, or in the forums bar. Any attempt to search through other means results in a message saying searching isn't allowed.
Wait, you don't even see the search buttons?

I still have mines.

Paganmoon

Yeah, it's quite annoying. Other forums have a function in which you actually get a notice when someone has quoted you, that'd be really handy on GAF.

iirc they tried it once a few years back, and it brought the servers to their knees, couldn't handle the load.

Varjet

Yeah, it's quite annoying. Other forums have a function in which you actually get a notice when someone has quoted you, that'd be really handy on GAF.

We had a similar function once. Servers coudn't handle it.
Also, it's probably more convenient to just subscribe to threads you've posted in than searching through your post history.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
NeoGaf, the modern-day Gomorrah, finally crumbling under the strain of vanity searches.

ZCOaKjW.png

Surprised it's something that actually go missing like this.

Top Bottom