• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

But do they gave the laugh. That's what matters.

I mean, don't get me wrong - I'm as much of a fan of the "ohohohohohoho" laugh as anyone, but for me that's just an added bonus rather than an essential quality of the archetype. Too much of it really softens the character.

Clov

I watched a little bit of Sentai's BD release of Gatchaman Crowds Insight to see how the disc was. While I love the show as much as ever, I have some mixed feelings on their release. While brighter scenes look nice and vivid, darker scenes have noticeable banding. It's very apparent even just looking at the night sky in episode 00. While I wouldn't say it's bad enough to be distracting if you're just trying to enjoy the show, it's present nonetheless and might annoy you if you have an eye for these things. On the positive side, I did notice that Sentai's subtitles, while still an ugly shade of yellow, are now more reasonably sized. I'm not sure when they started doing that, but it's a nice little improvement.

What's the consensus on Drifters?

giphy.gif

Cornbread78

i thought the movie was a new original story.

Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal Scale is an upcoming Japanese animated film based on the Sword Art Online light novel series written by Reki Kawahara and illustrated by abec. The film is produced by A-1 Pictures and directed by Tomohiko Itō, featuring an original story by Kawahara, character designs by Shingo Adachi and music by Yuki Kajiura. It is scheduled for release in Japan and Southeast Asia on February 18, 2017, and in the United States on March 9, 2017.

Oh, you are correct. I bet it's like the three games that are out with tie-ins.

Qurupeke

Welcome to NHK 12-18

It's kind of funny that the escalation has been
suicide->online game->pyramid scheme
, I'd expect it to be the opposite direction. Anyway, the island arc was very good, maybe a bit predictable, but I really loved the conclusion and all those reunions, happy ending. And well, it certainly had a very good desperate scream, but Misaki's "motivational" speech is what mostly stood out for me. I loved how surreal it was and it was perfectly fitting for her character. We still don't know what's the deal with her really is though. But a girl that meows can't be bad.

The arc with the
pyramid scheme
is really interesting, though I'm a bit frustrated seeing how dumb the characters act. Even Yamazaki, who mostly played the straight man.

Ugh, today is the day I kind of regret making an anime review website. Hotlinking is really, really bad.
Also screw Bandwidth Allowance and Services providers failing to provide working counters

Sterok

Masamune-kun's Revenge 1

Serviceable, but blander than I remember. I remember mildly enjoying the manga, so if maid girl is entertaining enough I'll follow this.

kewlmyc

SAO movie tickets for US go on sale tomorrow at 12pm pst.

Not really a fan of SAO, but part of me does want to see this. Mostly because its the latest thing that the author wrote, and I've heard that his writing has improved greatly since he originally wrote the material featured in SAO seasons 1 and 2.

I just hope the audience I watch it with is tolerable. The crowd was quiet and respectful when I watched Boruto and Shin Godzilla in theaters, Resurrection F's crown was okay, only a few obnoxious assholes, but dear god, watching the 3 Madoka movies in theaters was a fucking nightmare.

gargles

Masamune-kun's Revenge - 1

Eh, alright. Just expecting this to be mildly enjoyable so I'm not disappointed. Think I'll watch the next episode.

Line_HTX

I don't mean to ojousama-shame AnimeGAF, but it's almost like you're deliberately trying to ignore two of the greatest ojousamas.

Reika Ryūzaki a.k.a Ochōfujin from Aim for the Ace:

Fukiko Ichinomiya a.k.a Miya-sama from Brother Dear Brother

As you can see, great oujosama's share common traits like:

- Blonde Hair
- Curls
- Nicknames
- Piercing Eyes
- Inner turmoil
- A thirst for power

Miya's dark expression is very piercing, alright.

kewlmyc

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ugh, today is the day I kind of regret making an anime review website. Hotlinking is really, really bad.
Also screw Bandwidth Allowance and Services providers failing to provide working counters
How do sites do that thing where a hotlinked image gets replaced with a "PLEASE DON'T HOTLINK OUR PICTURES" jpg instead?

How do sites do that thing where a hotlinked image gets replaced with a "PLEASE DON'T HOTLINK OUR PICTURES" jpg instead?

Been trying to figure that out with some help from my service provider. The long/short of it is our service provider hadn't fixed our Bandwidth Allowance counter for the past nine months since we first signed up. Being new to web stuff I didn't fret too much about it.

But they fixed it on Tuesday and we discovered that in just three days of January we'd already used up 43gb of Bandwidth, and the next day a further 37gb. As it turns out in December we used nearly 800gb of Bandwidth (Our limit is 150gb) They let us go on that because the tracker wasn't working, but we still have this issue for January since, well, hotlinking is a huge part of it. Several of our gifs are, apparently, stupidly popular
Thanks Yuri on Ice fans! /Sarcasm
and the top 10 most hotlinked gifs account for 200gb of our data usage.

They helped me set up an addon that supposedly is blocking hotlinking now, although the fact that the gif I linked here hasn't disappeared kinda says it didn't work. They're also looking into a fix on their end.

There's also some issue with my wife and I pulling down 113gb on our own while working on the site itself (I mean, we use gifs for a lot of our reviews, but I have trouble believing we really used up that much) but that's a whole other issue.

It'd be one thing if we were rolling in money from the website, but, uh, yeah, hasn't happened yet. Ugh, what a day. Sorry for the rant.

Jintor

Hi animegaf i think I might actually stick around this season since I didn't even make to the wall of shame last season. Damn.

I'm seriously considering writing a light novel lol. Not sure why. I've just been looking at a bunch of shit and angrily thinking to myself "I can do that but better. Why aren't i?"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Been trying to figure that out with some help from my service provider. The long/short of it is our service provider hadn't fixed our Bandwidth Allowance counter for the past nine months since we first signed up. Being new to web stuff I didn't fret too much about it.
Ah weird, I just assumed that was a standard web thingie that people could do. I suppose you can't just host images on imgur or something to avoid the bandwidth problems?

Anyhow, good luck.

Hi animegaf i think I might actually stick around this season since I didn't even make to the wall of shame last season. Damn.
Let's talk about how Endless Eight is the best thing ever for a few pages to boost your post count!

Qurupeke

I'm seriously considering writing a light novel lol. Not sure why. I've just been looking at a bunch of shit and angrily thinking to myself "I can do that but better. Why aren't i?"

I'll support you. My only condition is that the childhood friend has to win.

Line_HTX

You can do trash better?

;P

Ah weird, I just assumed that was a standard web thingie that people could do. I suppose you can't just host images on imgur or something to avoid the bandwidth problems?

Anyhow, good luck.

Let's talk about how Endless Eight is the best thing ever for a few pages to boost your post count!

One would've thought so, but apparently not! That's an option we'll need to look at going forward, trouble is figuring out how to hotline images on WordPress, the interface really wants you to upload them yourself.

And thanks. Today has been an awful day and right at the start of a new season too when we give up weekends to get previews our asap :/

Looks like the crew is coming back.

I've also been in a creative mood and started on a few books but trashed them all. I am going to keep it up until I feel like one is good enough for me to get feedback from my closest friends on.

There's one in my head where it would make a good fantasy RPG but I don't think would translate well to a book. I have the vision for it and I've worked out all the details but at this point I know it would work better as a game and it's bumming me out. Mostly because I like it so much.

Man... Endless Eight... That's a few hours of my life I'm not getting back.

I'll support you. My only condition is that the childhood friend has to win.

It would be nice if one good anime had that happen... Just once...

Sölf

I don't know about..

4REkU8W.png
pj3YrwV.jpg

She was pretty entertaining, as well as, annoying as hell (as with all chicks in this trope)

I need a second season that follows the novels instead of going for an anime only ending. I need more Havia & Qwenthur best bro shenanigans in my life.

Jintor

I wonder if there's variations on stuck in another world that haven't been explored yet. The only thing that springs to mind for 'fantasy characters stuck in IRL' is Hataraku Maou-sama. Maybe GATE, but that's more 'IRL and fantasy meet and then Japan curbstomps the shit out of them' (I should really get around to watching that someday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom