• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome @Majornelson to NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

Major: How are the rest of the Xbox team responding to some of the controversy surrounding this launch? I feel Microsoft should really add a human element to their marketing campaign and show us some of the faces responsible for building the One.

I feel like they are kind of doing it. The "Indie Strategy" video was quite nice.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
larry-david-by-Frecklish[192893].jpg

Larry, are you a fan of this Larry?

There's noooo waaaaaay that's actually Allard... It would just be way too perfect. I liked that guy though.

Edit: Larry's being a pretty good sport, all things considered haha.

GavinGT

Banned
Larry, anything to say about the role of avatars on Xbox One? I thought I heard that maybe the custom avatars from Kinect Sports Rivals would be used on a system-wide basis?

I know how it came to be. But if you heard Xbone you wouldn't know any of that. Not sure how it's disrespectful at all.

Sounds like such a weird thing to say.

If you knew where it came from why did you ask the question? the answer should be obvious.

Besides, they know that. Plus it's a goofy name. Xbone is a lot like the M$ abbreviation. It's a dumb mocking juvenile acronym that degenerates discussions.

Broman1978

Major... can you answer this?

Can I use my swedish Xbox 360 powerbrick/Cord on A XboxOne bought in England?
I cant wait til next year to get an Xbox One, must have one as fast as possible=P

FINALBOSS

Banned
Is that really J allard? oh god.

A lot of people used it as it boned over customers, made when it had the DRM.

I had originally thought it had to do with the image of the Call of Duty dog from the reveal.

Either way, it's not disrespectful. I like it and it's catchy--so the team is just gonna have to deal.

If you knew where it came from why did you ask the question? the answer should be obvious.

Besides, they know that. Plus it's a goofy name. Xbone is a lot like the M$ abbreviation. It's a dumb mocking juvenile acronym that degenerates discussions.

Oh please. It's a contraction of Xbox One.

Juvenile? Lol. Come on, man.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Larry I really want to purchase Killer Instinct but I just can't afford to drop the cash on a new Fight Stick in addition to the Xbox One at launch. Why can't I use my Xbox 360/PC MadCatz Fight Stick with the Xbox One? I seriously can't play fighting games with a pad anymore.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures

If you watched the Architect Panel I hosted right after the Xbox One unveil, you saw a few folks that are responsible for the silicon and OS. There is no ONE person that designed all of the Xbox One. There are quite a few teams around the world that worked on various aspects of it. I guess if I were to point to one philosophical architect, it would have to be Marc Whitten.

Larry disagrees

hawk2025

Larry, anything to say about the role of avatars on Xbox One? I thought I heard that maybe the custom avatars from Kinect Sports Rivals would be used on a system-wide basis?

I'm gonna jump in and say that I hope the role of avatars is to be buried six feet under from this point forward for MS consoles :p

UNLESS, of course, having avatars means we get 1 vs 100 back.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Larry,

You posted a pic of the first Xbox One consoles coming off assembly lines. Some images showed up this weekend of PS4s filling up a production facility. Are you guys behind where you wanted to be at this time in production?

It was a cute video - I'll give them credit on putting that out and taking advantage of the situation.

Was there ever the thought of countering with a video that was just a person getting a phone call from their friend across the country and saying "sure you can borrow all my games and DLC while I continue to play them too".

If you watched the Architect Panel I hosted right after the Xbox One unveil, you saw a few folks that are responsible for the silicon and OS. There is no ONE person that designed all of the Xbox One. There are quite a few teams around the world that worked on various aspects of it. I guess if I were to point to one philosophical architect, it would have to be Marc Whitten.

There was some mention of a phase change cooler after the reveal. Is the heatsink a vapor chamber?

On the off-chance he actually sees this one through the flood, I do have a question that will conflict him on sadistic levels:

Larry, if you could only pick one... NFL, or games?!

Gaz_RB

This thread is blowing my mind... Hiro Protagonist has been a member since 8-20-13 and his only posts are in this thread..

Oh thank The Lord for cold beer, hot days and smartass juniors.

Haha he was being pretty belligerent, what did he expect?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
don't you get banned for faking accounts?

Nobody said it's a fake account. Anyone could take "Hiro Protagonist" here. Not just J. Allard.

Just like anyone could take "Syphon Filter" on X-box Live and not be you.

Do we actually have any confirmation that the "Hiro Protagonist" here is actually J. Allard? And even if it was, J. Allard left Microsoft so the "see you at the office" bit is off, unless they're stealth waiting for TGS to bust J. Allard out.
Oh god if true.

Iacobellis said:
Does that date include a Killers concert?

Microsoft does not comment on rumors or speculation.

Major Nelson

Neo Member
One more thing before I head off for my nightly Xbox One play session: I will respect what NeoGaf is over here and won't roll in spouting empty marketing buzzwords or phrases. I'll try to answer questions as directly as I can with respect to my NDA.
If I can't answer anything, I'll keep my mouth shut. As a gamer and member of the gaming industry, I am really excited for this Holiday and what great gaming it will bring.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Would you say that the negative reation to Xbox's original policies were a failure of strategy or messaging?

Is that even a question? No amount of messaging they could have given would have made their original policies ok. Jesus, let's use some common sense and not get starstruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom