• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf is this track? It looks way less safe than Monaco, too small for any overtaking and that fucking straight? Am I crazy or does it look like shit?

Zaru

Wtf is this track? It looks way less safe than Monaco, too small for any overtaking and that fucking straight? Am I crazy or does it look like shit?

Yes to less safe because the track staff probably has much less experience than the Monaco one.
No on too small for overtaking since there are a bunch of wide straights.
But yeah last year's race wasn't very interesting. People expected some chaos after how the feeder series went but F1 kept it together.

Yes to less safe because the track staff probably has much less experience than the Monaco one.
No on too small for overtaking since there are a bunch of wide straights.
But yeah last year's race wasn't very interesting. People expected some chaos after how the feeder series went but F1 kept it together.

But is overtaking on a straight really overtaking or just passing? :p Meh

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Can we all say "procession"?

If they wanted another street race then they really should have worked harder for Hoboken.

valkyre

thats a nice crash right there...

Seriously that part of the track is batshit retarded... now the cars are even wider and its bound for shit to hit the fan easily.

Lach

thats a nice crash right there...

Seriously that part of the track is batshit retarded... now the cars are even wider and its bound for shit to hit the fan easily.

Renault doesn't seem concerned abou this:

RenaultF1Twitter said:
CONFIRMED: You can go six wide through Turn 8 at @BakuCityCircuit 👍
#AzerbaijanGP #trackwalk
DC6X751XgAAi-W6.jpg

Zeknurn

That wheel coming loose and bouncing in the racing line is another good example as to why driver head protection needs to come sooner rather than later.

valkyre

It has lots of potential for a huge pileup when lots of cars are following close behind someone who crashes like Perez.

well exactly... it is obvious... whoever made the decision to have this section in a formula 1 race shows clearly poor judgement... it is impossible for a closely following car to avoid accident. and 2 cars, hell... even 1 car are able to just block the entire track...

stupid as hell...

I thought wheel tethers were stronger than this.

Looks like the crash pulled the wheel off the hub with the drive shaft. The tethers connect to the hub through the wishbones, the hub is intact There may still be issues with the wheel nut/assembly breaking to allow it to come loose separate of the hub, potential penalty.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The GP2 and GP3 races last year at Baku were pretty entertaining actually. The F1 race wasn't unfortunately.

Fox Mulder

well exactly... it is obvious... whoever made the decision to have this section in a formula 1 race shows clearly poor judgement... it is impossible for a closely following car to avoid accident. and 2 cars, hell... even 1 car are able to just block the entire track...

stupid as hell...

Tilke

Lach

So Frédéric Vasseur is apparently the new Sauber Team Principal. While not officially confirmed, Sauber has said that they will present the new principal shortly and Vasseur has been the only one having had extensive talks with the team and visiting the Factory in Hinwil, Switzerland.

Haas and the brakes. Will this story ever end this season?

Haas seems really disappointing for me this season. I expected sort of a jump from the lower 10s to the proper midfield, instead they're still struggling with their brakes, even after switching to a different supplier.

Zeknurn

I have to say there's something compelling with the low camera shot of the wide straight as multiple cars come barreling down side by side.

kiyomi

Palmer LOL.
This guy is pure shit, he will be replaced after summer break IMO

I know it's fun to laugh at Palmer for being shit (and he is), but Perez crashed there earlier, and Hamilton crashed there last year. So it's not like he's the only one, and he won't be the last.

kiyomi

Dude, even Lance Stroll hasn't crashed there...

Ok? Hamilton crashed there last year so is he as bad as Palmer? I just think it's dumb to say "LOL driver <x>" when other people can, and do, make similar mistakes.

Same with wall of champions. Think of the great drivers that have crashed there.

valkyre

I am literally laughing my ass of... I have an app watching the F1 practice here in the office and from time to time it freezes up... i went to have a chat witha collegue and I came back only to see a frozen image of a McLaren stopped on the side of the track and Alonso walking away... this shit is hilarious.

I mean I love the dude but the predicaments of Honda are just laughable, cant wait for the team radios!

Also, I am sure there are bets going around whether the Honda will be able to finish the formation lap :D :p

BigAl1992

The suspension on that Red Bull will have to be replaced. All that energy went through the car and destroyed the right rear while it was at it.

John_B

I'm almost certain that Kubica will be in that Renault seat soon enough. Palmer is not able to dig himself out of the rubles at this point. Funny how Magnussen rejecting Renault ends up with Kubica back in Formula 1.

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't you dare get me excited Red Bull :mad:

Two sessions in a row though...

Either way, what a difference a year makes, Mercedes powered teams were completely destroying everyone last year and yet here we are.

Except for Lewis. This is just not his track it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom