• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Silver (Saints Row/Metro/Dead Island): No Wii U games from us

Game Informer had an interview with Deep Silver's COO on their future outlook in the May issue that just came out.

Do you have next-gen plans or Wii U plans?

Not Wii U. With other companies, I've been very successful with Nintendo. With Wii U, the Nintendo market right now and their audience is not who we reach best. It's not something we're entertaining in the near or foreseeable future.

You'll see them on PS4 and the next Xbox.

Playstation 4 and the next Xbox are coming soon. What is your strategy for those two?

I would safely say that you'll see us there, but not on the first day. It's the same reason, the pioneer versus the settler...being there on the first day, that's for the big boys.

I never really understand these comments. It's like, where's the precedent? What open world games have failed on the Wii U that make them think there's not market for them? In fact, I can't even remember any Nintendo consoles getting open world games aside from True Crimes 1/2 on the GC and GTA:CS on the DS

Dead Island, Saint's Row, Risen. They're releasing Metro: Last Light.

They don't make anything that would really appeal to Nintendo fans and certainly not kids, those two groups being Wii U's main demos.

It's refreshingly honest.

This sounds like extreme sarcasm but I have a feeling you're actually being serious

zruben

Banned
AGITΩ;53310360 said:
Who is this Audience that is not for them? They realize most early adopters of consoles arent casuals, right?

they don't care about nintendo kiddiez

Gannd

Banned
AGITΩ;53310360 said:
Who is this Audience that is not for them? They realize most early adopters of consoles arent casuals, right?

The Wii U isn't selling and I don't believe that they would have releases software for the system even if it was.

AGITΩ;53310360 said:
wii U has almost universally poor software sales. Seems like the owners aren't willing to buy much unless mario is in the title.

Majmun

Didn't they also make Cursed Mountain?

So they went from supporting the Wii to totally abandon it.

Squire

Banned
What do they even make?

Dead Island, Saint's Row, Risen. They're releasing Metro: Last Light.

They don't make anything that would really appeal to Nintendo fans and certainly not kids, those two groups being Wii U's main demos.

It's refreshingly honest.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think Wii U is missing much then.

Every time a Wii U loses an exclusive 'I didn't buy my Wii U to play that anyways'
'I didn't buy my Wii U to play that anyways'

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
wii U has almost universally poor software sales. Seems like the owners aren't willing to buy much unless mario is in the title.
I'm just not willing to buy games at the current prices retailers are setting them up. Sub £30ish to sub £50 is too much for me. And with the way the market goes I know most prices will drop. I'm patient.

Mikey Jr.

Not surprised.

Just look at people who bought the WiiU and why they did.

It is mostly to play first-party games. Third party is nice, but they can get those elsewhere.

Kouriozan

Gotta love those announcement about no game coming on Wii U.
They should save some for Nintendo's E3 conference though.

wsippel

Banned
Every time a Wii U loses an exclusive 'I didn't buy my Wii U to play that anyways'
Koch never announced a Wii U game in the first place, so what exactly is "that"?

Squire

Banned

The irony is it's basically the same as saying: "Yeah, (insert publisher) you're right! It's not worth it!"

kewlmyc

Wasn't the new Metro said to ba a Wii U title before the system came out? I guess Deep Silver is canning it.

Not surprising. But I don't think I've ever seen a console with so many developers for lack of better words say they are not or will not support it.

Squire

Banned
Wasn't the new Metro said to ba a Wii U title before the system came out? I guess Deep Silver is canning it.

No, actually. 4A put the kibosh on that while the game was still under THQ. They were having a hard time getting it on Wii U and didn't think it was worth the trouble.

Top Bottom