• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

I like the theory that Zen-Oh is simply a GoD (the supreme one, but still only a God who deals with destruction) with the Grand Priest being his angel

caliph95

I like the theory that Zen-Oh is simply a GoD (the supreme one, but still only a God who deals with destruction) with the Grand Priest being his angel

^That actually makes a lot of sense. So there must be a supreme god of creation too.
Something something future Zamasu Something something

If that's the case could it be Zalama
download.png
Knew this was coming

J-Rod

I think the bug men are burrowed into the ground and will have some sort of trick to take the ground out from beneath opponents, but I don't think they will end up being that powerful.

Surprise. Universe 4's secret bug warriors fuse to create universe 4's perfect cell. Oh, and he knows exactly who Gohan and Goku, and even Vegeta, are. His cell stealing, collecting ability spans the multiverse.

Red Devil

I think the bugs aren't invisible, maybe they're just very very very small which is why people can't see them normally, my guess is that they can change sizes.

I guess he might be also be able to create new ones. Or maybe Angels do that but need the Grand Priest permission or something.

Today in Italy we had the Vegeta vs Cabba episode and their scene together made me think, are they really going to give Cabba SSB? I mean, except for that episode there was really no build up, but I can see him losing to Toppo, Vegeta tries to help and Cabba transforms to show Vegeta he can do it alone.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Huh... Big spoiler from the new manga chapter that likely is an anime spoiler too with big implications for the arc...

Quitella was the GoD that defeated Beerus in an arm wrestling match. It's very unlikely the anime or manga would change something like that. So, the mortal stronger than a GoD Whis mentioned in the anime is from Universe 4... which suggests someone over there is much more dangerous than they look like at this point.

As if there was ever any doubt Jerry
(Quitella )
going over Tom
(Beerus)

Still expecting something cool from U3. So far they've been an utter disappointment despite be the most radically different from the rest of the universes. The blue dude had some cool abilities but the way Jirin beat him sucked.

For some reason I also expect something out there that is even higher than Zeno that has their own hierarchy or maybe a demon realm variation of the 12 universes. I also wonder how strong Zenos bodyguards are. They should be no doubt be stronger than the GoDs and theoretically should be stronger than the Angels. I also wouldn't be surprised if there are mortals that are stronger than some angels.

caliph95

Still expecting something cool from U3. So far they've been an utter disappointment despite be the most radically different from the rest of the universes. The blue dude had some cool abilities but the way Jirin beat him sucked.
Expecting U3 to be cool when their ultimate strategy was beaten in the first episode and their strongest modified humans was casually knocked out by base cabbage

Also since The Doctor
is controlling the robots we may get something

Skeeter49

Today in Italy we had the Vegeta vs Cabba episode and their scene together made me think, are they really going to give Cabba SSB? I mean, except for that episode there was really no build up, but I can see him losing to Toppo, Vegeta tries to help and Cabba transforms to show Vegeta he can do it alone.
Cabba will stay SSJ for the rest of his life, and never going beyond SSJ is something people need to accept.

Cabba will be out soon anyway. Hell be lucky to make it past the special.

Astral Dog

That stopped meaning a thing ages ago

Especially when Piccolo casually destroys a piece with a ki blast and one of the pride troopers created a creater by being really heavy
I guess if it was common material the Arena would have been destroyed the first two minutes

Skeeter49

Surprised he's lasted this long tbh.
In a way I'm not, but they've handled Cabba kind of similarly to Tien, where there's been 0 development.

Then to fuck over the most interesting thing about him, his friendship with Vegeta. He's had nothing going for him.

The best thing I can say is I never expected him to fight Toppo, but I think it's predictable where they're going with this.

To me this goes 2 ways, with an out of left field third way.

Predictable: Vegeta and Cabba vs. Toppo.

Less predictable : U6 saiyans and Cabba vs. Toppo.

Out of left field : Gohan and Cabba vs. Toppo.

Either way, this ends with Cabba being overshadowed.

But I've said before I'd love to be wrong. Maybe Cabba comes out the MVP, maybe he sacrifices himself to keep Vegeta in, as for me the predictable thing would be Vegeta sacrificing himself for Cabba. Either way this probably won't have a conclusion until the latter half of the special, or after the special.

dickroach

Cabba's only purpose was to be an introduction to the idea that "if there's other universes that means there's other Saiyans!"

if anyone sticks around, it's going to be the other two, because female Super Saiyans are a new thing. Cabba serves no purpose anymore

...orrrrr U6 doesn't get destroyed, they all go back to their planet and tell everyone to make their back tingly and then you have a whole planet of Super Saiyans!

Skeeter49

Cabba's only purpose was to be an introduction to the idea that "if there's other universes that means there's other Saiyans!"

if anyone sticks around, it's going to be the other two, because female Super Saiyans are a new thing. Cabba serves no purpose anymore

...orrrrr U6 doesn't get destroyed, they all go back to their planet and tell everyone to make their back tingly and then you have a whole planet of Super Saiyans!
Most likely they will try that, and not one saiyan will be able to do it, because that way of unlocking SSJ is exclusive to one saiyan.

She must have got if from preordering the ToP game.

Caulifla and Kale existing doesn't stop them from keeping Cabba around and developing him.
We also still haven't gotten the episode that Toshio talked about that would "deepen the relationship" between Vegeta and Cabba.

Caulifla and Kale existing doesn't stop them from keeping Cabba around and developing him.
We also still haven't gotten the episode that Toshio talked about that would "deepen the relationship" between Vegeta and Cabba.
This isn't the same person who said to wait for Tien to be cool is it?

Skeeter49

I mean, we all know when that moment will come up, against Toppo. So it'll probably be episode 111 or 112.

HardRojo

Cabba's voice in the Latam dub fits him well. I also liked how they translated the "The universe is vast" hymn before the tournament starts.

Daingurse

It is. Tien got his cool moment, it's just that not everyone thought it was cool.

Don't really see how anyone could think that Tien got his a cool moment in 106 lol. He looked terrible and borderline incompetent. His performance contrasted very badly with all the love Roshi got in the previous episode. Really left a bad taste in my mouth. Probably one of my least favorite episodes in all of Super.

Don't really see how anyone could think that Tien got his a cool moment in 106 lol. He looked terrible and borderline incompetent. His performance contrasted very badly with all the love Roshi got in the previous episode. Really left a bad taste in my mouth. Probably one of my least favorite episodes in all of Super.

I thought him taking the dude down with him was cool
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, I think people are jumping the gun on Cabba, there's a ton of characters and it's clear they are focusing on U7 over all the others, so of course Cabba hasn't gotten too much spot light and there is still plenty of time to do stuff with him after the tournament as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he's paired up with Caulifla and Kale in stuff after the tournament.

Daingurse

I thought him taking the dude down with him was cool
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways, I think people are jumping the gun on Cabba, there's a ton of characters and it's clear they are focusing on U7 over all the others, so of course Cabba hasn't gotten too much spot light and there is still plenty of time to do stuff with him after the tournament as well.

The multi-form technique pose was the only cool thing he did for me lol. The fact that Tien was only able to force a trade with the laser sniper felt weak, but I guess that was better than him eliminating himself with his own Kikoho . . . My man Tien was done dirty. I can only hope for better from him going forward haha.

I'm not going to count Cabba out yet. Already ate some delicious crow regarding Vegeta, so I'm hopeful that his noodle armed apprentice will also get some love!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom