• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It seems from Reddit posts from blizzard people if you haven't opened any packs from other sets (not just the newest set) you will get a legendary in the first 10 packs. That is very good for bringing new people in after this coming expansion.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It seems from Reddit posts from blizzard people if you haven't opened any packs from other sets (not just the newest set) you will get a legendary in the first 10 packs. That is very good for bringing new people in after this coming expansion.

It also means that if you do their 50 pack preorder, you're guaranteed to get at least two legendaries.

Portugeezer

Damn, just got 12 win arena with Priest... Onyx Bishop and Potion of Madness are insane cards.

Healing also catches people out who see the light at the end of the tunnel and ignore the good trades. Feelsgoodman.

Should I start saving my coins for that upcoming pack special?

vSwXqac.png

EDIT: Just remembered, you can only buy packs one at a time with coins!

Why is the 15 pack the best deal? lol

Razakin

EDIT: Just remembered, you can only buy packs one at a time with coins!

You can buy multiple packs with gold, just double click the "1 Pack 100 Gold" button and the game will allow you to choose how many packs you want, up to 50.

But then, feels like this upcoming pack deal isn't avaible to used with gold.

scarlet

You can buy multiple packs with gold, just double click the "1 Pack 100 Gold" button and the game will allow you to choose how many packs you want, up to 50.

But then, feels like this upcoming pack deal isn't avaible to used with gold.

Only on PC/Mac

wiibomb

Kibler talking about the staleness of Hearthstone

I found the video very interesting, mostly because while I think Team 5 has been releasing good content and I also think Kibler is right for the most part, I still think there are ways the team can make HS a little bit better by releasing a little batch of cards about 2 months into the last expansion. Sure it doesn't convey any significant amount of good marketing, but it still engages the current player more into the game.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I found the video very interesting, mostly because while I think Team 5 has been releasing good content and I also think Kibler is right for the most part, I still think there are ways the team can make HS a little bit better by releasing a little batch of cards about 2 months into the last expansion. Sure it doesn't convey any significant amount of good marketing, but it still engages the current player more into the game.

Game modes are way more important than cards. New innovative game modes can inject tons of life into the game.

Because every other option requires more then 3 packs per free pack.
I meant from a business standpoint. You'd think Blizzard would want us to get the biggest bundle.

At some point, I think the game just needs a new mechanic.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Game modes are way more important than cards. New innovative game modes can inject tons of life into the game.

That would be awesome. I wish there was some kind of co-op haha. Would really counterbalance the super annoyance with other players that HS otherwise engenders (for some reason I can't totally pin down :p).

wiibomb

of course, that is always the ideal solution, but I don't think Team 5 is capable of such a huge thing

I meant from a business standpoint. You'd think Blizzard would want us to get the biggest bundle.

the biggest bundle is always the best bundle since it is the one with most cards and the one you pay less for each pack.

like adapt? or like the quest mechanic? I can actually defend HS on that aspect, they have injected new mechanics in each of the expansions they have made, that they are not exactly meta defining is not the important thing (I could argue it is important that not every mechanic they release become meta-defining)

Like allowing you to do things during opponents turns? Yes, please.

The game needs to be more interactive and allow for more competitive play.

Will never happen though. They'll just continue to print cards like rogue quest or snowballing tempo shenanigans.

wiibomb

Will never happen though. They'll just continue to print cards like rogue quest or snowballing tempo shenanigans.

I can already say you that will never happen, because HS is an asynchronous game, the connection you make for the game allows only 1 player to interact with the server at a time.

I actually had this idea for a real time turn-based card game. Like say you are about to buff a minion somehow - during the animation, I could still fireball that minion to kill it, and your action is canceled (you don't lose the spell). So there's some kind of interaction, but it's all dependent on responding in the moment. It wouldn't be a good change for Hearthstone, though, which succeeds partially because it is relaxing, casual, and turn-based.

The change I personally want is a Replace mechanic - once per turn, you can take a card in your hand and drag it back to your deck. It goes into your deck, and a different card comes out. This would help in teching situations, ensure the game is less linear, and alleviates those frustrating moments where you are top-decking and keep getting junk.

of course, that is always the ideal solution, but I don't think Team 5 is capable of such a huge thing

the biggest bundle is always the best bundle since it is the one with most cards and the one you pay less for each pack.

like adapt? or like the quest mechanic? I can actually defend HS on that aspect, they have injected new mechanics in each of the expansions they have made, that they are not exactly meta defining is not the important thing (I could argue it is important that not every mechanic they release become meta-defining)
But the bonus cards are less. :-O

By new mechanic, I mean something fundamental to the game. Another layer of decision-making to keep everything fresh. New sets can only go so far when the underlying motions remain the same.

wiibomb

But the bonus cards are less. :-O

By new mechanic, I mean something fundamental to the game. Another layer of decision-making to keep everything fresh. New sets can only go so far when the underlying motions remain the same.
yeah the packs reduce costs a lot when they go up in bundles.

I don't think this game needs to be more complex than it already is, it is simple and open enough to make enough different decisions every turn.
Yogg stealing games in 2017.

then later a counterspell destroying quest rogue... 2 amazing matches lol

TankUP

Had a pirate warrior play classic King Mukla and brawl against me. Thanks for the two bananas to put on my taunt and win me the game all by themselves.

These are the kind of people I imagine posting to reddit about how much they hate "netdecks", when they put horrible and anti-synergistic cards in their decks and get punished for it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Had a pirate warrior play classic King Mukla and brawl against me. Thanks for the two bananas to put on my taunt and win me the game all by themselves.

These are the kind of people I imagine posting to reddit about how much they hate "netdecks", when they put horrible and anti-synergistic cards in their decks and get punished for it.

Yeah I played against some kind of control/miracle priest that played new mukla for the Lyra synergy. Really weak.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
stealing a win against a mage with a eater of secrets in my rogue deck...

ooooooohhh yessssssss
Hahaha dude as a Mage player I can say that card is almost auto-win, at least against Secrets and Control. I would tech it but rarely run into Mages and don't usually have too hard a time (except against the ones that run and draw Eater :p).

scarlet

Had a mirror mage match. Sometimes I wonder, why would he used eater of secrets on earlier turn instead using it as a set up to lethal.

ZeroX03

Banned
God I'm like 0-10 with this stupid tavern brawl. I hate these kind of brawls.

Barely been keeping up with the metagame either. Got a whole bunch of gold saved up for the next set, like I say every rotation, let's see if it keeps me interested.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I decided to try out Deathwing in my priest deck. It's a crazy add to my deck that people don't see coming cause nobody really runs it.

Won be a couple of auto conceeds so far around rank 10.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
man, ranked is this weird thing where I like playing constructed way more than arena but there's no real drive to get back up to legend

maybe if they increased the rewards? I dunno

Trying to finish up Heroic League of Explorers but Lord Slitherspear is the worst.

Edit:

And of course 10 minutes after I say that my mill rogue deck works.

Cockmagic

Neo Member
Played some more of that dude paladin deck in wild all the way to legend:

YeWBslu.jpg

Here's the deck again, if anyone would like to try it:

### dude paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
# 2x (2) Equality
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 2x (2) Shielded Minibot
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 2x (3) Muster for Battle
# 2x (3) Steward of Darkshire
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Lightfused Stegodon
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 2x (5) Quartermaster
# 1x (5) Stand Against Darkness
# 1x (6) Justicar Trueheart
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (8) Lay on Hands
# 1x (8) Ragnaros, Lightlord
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
#
AAEBAZ8FCNIE+gawFeauAruvArnBAuTCAtPFAgvcA/QFzwbqD+wP7Q//rwKbwgKIxwK4xwLZxwIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Played some more of that dude paladin deck in wild all the way to legend:

https://ibb.co/fGHMa5

Here's the deck again, if anyone would like to try it:

### dude paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
# 2x (2) Equality
# 1x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 2x (2) Shielded Minibot
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 2x (3) Muster for Battle
# 2x (3) Steward of Darkshire
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Lightfused Stegodon
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 2x (5) Quartermaster
# 1x (5) Stand Against Darkness
# 1x (6) Justicar Trueheart
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (8) Lay on Hands
# 1x (8) Ragnaros, Lightlord
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
#
AAEBAZ8FCNIE+gawFeauAruvArnBAuTCAtPFAgvcA/QFzwbqD+wP7Q//rwKbwgKIxwK4xwLZxwIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Lay on hands seems like it would be kind of awkward in that deck. Is that not so?

Rank 1 and every fight is so stressful. :-/

Had a mirror mage match. Sometimes I wonder, why would he used eater of secrets on earlier turn instead using it as a set up to lethal.
The #1 thing I see when I play Renolock is people dropping their anti-Pirate Warrior Ooze on curve against me. It's only ~1/10 games where someone saves it to punish Jaraxxus. I actually abuse this when playing against Renolock because my own Renolock has both oozes, so I will get both, play one, have them play Jaraxxus, and then play the other one. :-D

Lay on hands seems like it would be kind of awkward in that deck. Is that not so?
It's a big heal that refills your hand, so it's decent in most midrange matchups where you've been trading a lot, and it is key in stabilizing against decks like Pirate Warrior, Aggro Shaman, and Egg Druid. It can also help you survive a Freeze Mage after they drop Alex. Is there a better card to put there? Maybe, but I like it very much, personally.

Top Bottom