• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online: Memory Defrag |OT| A Little Kirito in Your Pocket

Damn this game is kind of fun. Haven't done a single roll yet, rerolling is always frustrating in these games, and anything you get is bound to be outdated fast anyways.

chrono01

Damn this game is kind of fun. Haven't done a single roll yet, rerolling is always frustrating in these games, and anything you get is bound to be outdated fast anyways.
Actually, both Silica and Seven remain top-tier to this day in the Japanese version, Silica for her power/abilities and Seven for her healing. Silica is ranked S, while Seven is A+. Yuuki, another nice character, is ranked A.

But yeah, re-rolling is soul-crushing. :/

Just started and think I got pretty good luck.

I have 4* Nightwear Asuna, 4* Fairy Dance Kirito, and a 4* Multi-Wielder Rain whoever that is. Not sure if you get any of those by default or not though. Combat is so much better in this game than I would have ever guessed.

chrono01

Just started and think I got pretty good luck.

I have 4* Nightwear Asuna, 4* Fairy Dance Kirito, and a 4* Multi-Wielder Rain whoever that is. Not sure if you get any of those by default or not though. Combat is so much better in this game than I would have ever guessed.
Sorry to say, but everyone who starts the game at launch gets that Asuna/Kirito, they're part of the pre-registration campaign. Rain isn't included in that so he's extra, and ranks in the "B-Tier". So not bad!

Kettch

Alright, if anyone doesn't like rerolling and wants one of these 4*s, just reply with which one and I'll send the transfer info over in a PM:

Leafa #1
Leafa #2

And likely more to come as I'm still looking for Silica.

Uthred

Finding X'rphan pretty tough, though I havent unlocked attributes on anyone other than one main unit which might have something to do with it

Edit: I know I should save my crystals but cant resist the allure of a possible Yuuki, oh well, one more and I'll have that sweet free crystal for doing 10 pulls ;)

Just downloaded this. Seems fun and simple so far, but I'm always wary of f2p games.

Alright, if anyone doesn't like rerolling and wants one of these 4*s, just reply with which one and I'll send the transfer info over in a PM:

Leafa #1
Leafa #2
Seven
Sinon

Why not. I'll take that Sinon please!

Quonny

I'm assuming this is not an option on iOS in any way, right?
Well, I use an iPhone.

I rerolled on an Android emulator on my PC, then when I got the character I wanted I transferred that data to my phone (there's an option on the main screen to transfer data with a number and password).

chrono01

Well, I use an iPhone.

I rerolled on an Android emulator on my PC, then when I got the character I wanted I transferred that data to my phone (there's an option on the main screen to transfer data with a number and password).
Keep in mind, if you do this, you'll lose your in-game currency. It only happens when you switch OS between transfers.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a 4* Agil if someone wants it. On iOS. Apparently he's not good, but he's a 4* if you want it. Quote to reveal.

W-00

Well, I use an iPhone.

So does it just download faster on an emulator, or is there something special you do/something special about the emulator?

Quonny

So does it just download faster on an emulator, or is there something special you do/something special about the emulator?
The steps are in the OP, but basically you go into the rooted directory in the emulator and delete two folders which only delete the player info and not the actual data, so you don't have to redownload the game and only have to go through the tutorial.

W-00

The steps are in the OP, but basically you go into the rooted directory in the emulator and delete two folders which only delete the player info and not the actual data, so you don't have to redownload the game and only have to go through the tutorial.

Ah, okay, thanks. Just making sure.

What's the actual size of this game once the whole thing is installed. Not buying the 25mb listed on the App Store.

At the point where I decided to reroll (after finishing Chapter 2) it said 652 MB. Or something like that.

Caim

Pulled Yuuki's sword, but now I just need Yuuki. :(

Enjoying the game so far, but I'll probably just be F2P if I stick with it.

Currently on Chapter 8.

chrono01

Pulled Yuuki's sword, but now I just need Yuuki. :(

Enjoying the game so far, but I'll probably just be F2P if I stick with it.

Currently on Chapter 8.
Considering I've been re-rolling for several hours today without a single 4*, and more hours last night with only one, I'm definitely going F2P. I have a hard time believing this is a 4% drop, but then I'm usually cursed when it comes to gatcha games. I love em', I play em', but they hate me.

Chromax

Loving this game. Pulled a 4 star Sinon and slapped a 3 star sniper rifle on her. Her playstyle is fun and I'm blowing through the skeletons and golems that kept resisting everything my other characters were throwing at them.

Psyfer

Leafa #1
Leafa #2
Seven

EDIT: Off recharging my reroll batteries for 8 hours, won't respond until then.

If you still have Seven, I'd like to take her off your hands :)

Caim

Considering I've been re-rolling for several hours today without a single 4*, and more hours last night with only one, I'm definitely going F2P. I have a hard time believing this is a 4% drop, but then I'm usually cursed when it comes to gatcha games. I love em', I play em', but they hate me.

It's an endless cycle. :x

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anyone has a Yuuki they're giving away?

EDIT: On another note, is it more efficient for me to save crystals to do the 10+1 or just do the two rolls and bail out if i don't get what i want?

Uthred

Yep, absolutely nothing would convince me to drop money given the rates, maybe if they do starter packs or guaranteed units like Bleach/Granblue/etc.

I got a 4* Silica and a 4* Seven without having to reroll so far.
The combat is interesting, although I haven't completely figured out the parry mechanic.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but there seem to be some very, very unfortunate implications in the story so far, especially in regards to Silica. I guess I'm supposed to be skipping the cutscenes? I don't know much about SAO.

I am terrible at timing parries, I always seem to go too late. What "very, very unfortunate implications" are you talking about? Unless she comes back into it later the "Chapter" with Silica seemed entirely harmless

udivision

I got a 4* Silica and a 4* Seven without having to reroll so far.
The combat is interesting, although I haven't completely figured out the parry mechanic.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but there seem to be some very, very unfortunate implications in the story so far, especially in regards to Silica. I guess I'm supposed to be skipping the cutscenes? I don't know much about SAO.

Caim

The rates pretty bad (took about 30 rerolls and ended up with 4* Kirito) plus its $33.99 for 250 memory crystals which is pretty steep tbh.

Quonny

They have a one time 50 diamonds for $0.99.

That's more reasonable. I've been playing all day so I felt it was worth it. Even if I drop it I've gotten $0.99 of enjoyment out of it.

The base, non-sale prices are stupid. But then again, this is basically true of every gacha game.

The best values and ones that I wish gacha games would use more is the X currency per day for Y days. Like, in this game, 10 diamonds a day for 25 days for $7.99. That way you get an eleven pull a month and it keeps you invested and coming back every day to play.

chrono01

I think I give up. I've been re-rolling for around five hours today and I didn't get a single 4*.

Not one.

Not even Agil.

Not a single one.

I think I'm just going to return to my Seven account and call it.

Quonny

I think I give up. I've been re-rolling for around five hours today and I didn't get a single 4*.

Not one.

Not even Agil.

Not a single one.

I think I'm just going to return to my Seven account and call it.
Seven is super good. She deals good damage and heals for a truck load.

She does more damage than Nightgown Asuna, can heal, and her ranged attacks home in on enemies. Plus her charge attack wrecks things that aren't super fast.

Seven is best.

chrono01

Seven is super good. She deals good damage and heals for a truck load.

She does more damage than Nightgown Asuna, can heal, and her ranged attacks home in on enemies. Plus her charge attack wrecks things that aren't super fast.

Seven is best.
Yeah, I've been reading up a lot on the tiered characters, and while Silica might be the best choice if you're going to re-roll (she's still SS), apparently Seven is a great choice since she fills a niche role (healing, as well as AOE damage), so she can fit in a lot of teams. It also helps that her element is light/neutral too, so you can bring her to a bunch of stuff. Someone on Reddit said that, of all of the original characters, he/she put Seven as immediately behind Silica in terms of use. Other Mages will get heals, but Seven will remain as the best "light-type" one, so she should have a pretty good lasting time. Plus, everyone will likely have Silica/Yuuki anyway, so having Seven might be better for joining co-op events.

I'll probably give it a couple more re-rolls and then go ahead with Seven.

Uthred

Stuck in Quest 8-7 with a message: "You do not meet the participation requirements". Not sure what I have to do.

You need to have only one member in your party, it is a duel after all ;)

They have a one time 50 diamonds for $0.99.

That's more reasonable. I've been playing all day so I felt it was worth it. Even if I drop it I've gotten $0.99 of enjoyment out of it.

The base, non-sale prices are stupid. But then again, this is basically true of every gacha game.

The best values and ones that I wish gacha games would use more is the X currency per day for Y days. Like, in this game, 10 diamonds a day for 25 days for $7.99. That way you get an eleven pull a month and it keeps you invested and coming back every day to play.

Yeah 50 diamonds for a quid seems fine based on the time I've got out of it already. Figured I'd do one character pull and one weapon pull, was dreading seeing that 2* smile, but she had a big grin and then it upgraded to purple, "Finally Yuuki!" I thought, "LOL here's Sinon" said the game ;)

I agree the X currency per Day options are pretty good, Fantasy War Tactics monthly sub was solid value for about a fiver. I'd be much more willing to pay for something similar than cough up thirty quid for a ten pull in this.

OK so on the free roll got 4* Rain. With 25 frags got 4*Leafa. Bought the 50 frag for $.99 and got 4* Kirito and some 2 star girl. Never this lucky. Only 10 restarts.

Edit: 259977403101 in case anyone wants to add.

Sora_N

I never really played these before, how long does it take before I have to reroll?

EDIT: Took 20 minutes, guess I'll try to roll. I'm looking for a strong character right?

Pejo

Do we only get the 2 free 4*'s if we keep an account we roll today? I want a 4* unit at least, but so far i've only gotten 2s and 3s, but I want those free units.

chrono01

I never really played these before, how long does it take before I have to reroll?

EDIT: Took 20 minutes, guess I'll try to roll. I'm looking for a strong character right?
Yeah, aim for either Silica/Yuuki/Seven (in that order). I hope you have better luck than me. :/

Do we only get the 2 free 4*'s if we keep an account we roll today? I want a 4* unit at least, but so far i've only gotten 2s and 3s, but I want those free units.
Nope, the pre-registration gifts should last a while yet. Feel free to continue re-rolling, I know I am.

Edit: I'm STILL re-rolling. No 4* all day. Honestly, with rates as bad as this I don't even know if I want to play this anymore. Eventually, you're going to reach a point where you need 4* characters, and considering the number of re-rolls I did today without a single one, this is easily $1000+ worth of in-game currency I've used (that was free, since I re-rolled). It definitely seems lower than 4% to me. No joke, I have a feeling I've re-rolled at least 50 times today. That's 100 summons. It's likely even more than 50. That's 1250 in-game currency.

I'll keep at it, since I'm a determined bastard, but still.

Edit: I just got another one. Fucking Agil. Guy should be a 3*, he's worthless.

Top Bottom