• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 - Famitsu Translations [SPOILERS]

Eusis

Guys do you think this could be a sign that From is considering bringing the Dark Souls series to 3DS?
No, I think you were on to something earlier: they're going for the indie PC game budget.

Well, that may be a consequence of hiring Jack Gleeson for that little lord.

True Fire

6yy207m.png

dank souls

Azzanadra

I see Dark Souls is going for a new art style for the final entry. Looks... interesting. I wonder if this has anything to do with Undertale's success?

Its interesting to bring up a change in style though, because on a serious note, from the pictures and videos I have seen, the new style seems to be a cross between Bloodborne and a real, apocalyptic Dark Souls. I mean Dark Souls 1 and 2 are post apocalyptic, but on a surface level, the design seems like your average fantasy world. With this one, they are really trying to hammer in that desolate, destroyed feel of a world long gone.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing work, OP!

The little smiling dude in the back of the pyromancer pic and GUNDAR killed me good.

Also, the GOT reference is great :)

tcrunch

Is the candle guy supposed to be a boss?

Based on the translation I think it is a regular enemy or NPC for that area.

GameSpot has a little more about GUNDAR:
xGIBAV5.jpg
xk88dLh.jpg

The screenshots showcased a new boss named the Iudex Gundyr (pictured above). This enemy wields a long spear-like weapon, and is shown with a dark mass exploding from its form in combat. Players will encounter this boss upon being revived in the Untended Graves as an "Unkindled".

edit: actually the Destructoid gallery has this info too

Jombie

Those screens have me more excited than any of the footage / gameplay I've seen so far, which seemed a bit drab to be honest.

The actual bullshots make really happy that this game will come out on pc, and we actually can run it at 4K@60fps. BB had some great art assets, but the 1080p aliased image left a lot to be desired.

Phant

Didn't read any of it, just wanted to compare the screenshots in the OP with what was in the Destructoid article. Amazing.

McBryBry

Someone give this man GAF Gold

Those screens look gooooooooood. I'm so pumped for this. No way it doesn't give the series a good last hurrah

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Has it ever been confirmed that the games actually all share the same narrative? Not just a loose connection but a direct storyline?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Holy shit I just noticed the writing on the sword. Thread of 2016 contender right here.

Also motherfucking Firelink Shrine, hype as fuck.

Edit: Also tiny mysterious dude saying he's a Lord? Furtive Pygmy confirm????

Top Bottom