• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Yeah i know but he was cruising through with the runs as well, lets hope Roy just opens up, he needs to prove his worth............... 1, 500, 000 worth........... i will accept 100 runs. :lol

Grug

FFS Dhoni... shut up behind the stumps for one ball.

OIIIIIIIII!!!!

OOOOOOIIII!!!!

Knob.

Roy has his eye in, watch out.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

100 FOR PONTING, congrats.

Now open up and start smashing em, that should take a lot of pressure of him, everyones really kicked it up a notch this game.

Grug

Symonds is just going for horizontal bat smash shots off everything now. :lol

It ain't pretty, but its entertaining.

Massive six by Roy!

"Call me a monkey will you???" *CRACK!*

cyclone87

Watching Ponting now, it's hard to believe he's just come out of the worst form slump of his career and Roy is just cruising now after a slow start. India have their work cut out for them tonight, hopefully Tendulkar can come up with something as he's another one who's had a bad run as well.

Grug

Good education for Ishant Sharma too.

He'll have to get used to days like this where you just get smashed.

Grug

Its amazing how a decent total by the first three batters just relieves the pressure on those below.

Ponting's form is key to the entire team performing well.

Grug

Symonds gone.

Sharma celebrates but the damage has already been done.

Great return to form for Roy.

I wonder if they'll bring Hopes out instead of Hussey. Hopes is generally quicker to get going.

Grug

None of our bowlers have had to bat so they are going to be nice and fresh when they come out.

Can't wait to see Lee again. He'll be breathing fire.

master15

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Celebrates like a dickhead and gets called out for it :lol

Actually I think Roy said something to him and then he just gave it back, but Roy already dealt out the pain to the point was kinda of moot.

Shame about the last over but good score by Australia. Should be an interesting chase :D

Grug

master15 said:
Actually I think Roy said something to him and then he just gave it back, but Roy already dealt out the pain to the point was kinda of moot.

Looked like Sharma got in his face first to me.

But yeah, either way, damage had been done. Not much for Sharma to celebrate at that stage.

cyclone87

master15 said:
Actually I think Roy said something to him and then he just gave it back, but Roy already dealt out the pain to the point was kinda of moot. :D

Symonds was definitely first to say something but from the looks of it, it was in response to Sharma twirling his finger in Symonds' face. I like Sharma, he's an excellent bowler but there's no need for him to do that especially after the smashing Australia handed him.

Where is irfan? I'm sure he'll have a different take on the situation.

Grug

cyclone87 said:
Symonds was definitely first to say something but from the looks of it, it was in response to Sharma twirling his finger in Symonds' face. I like Sharma, he's an excellent bowler but there's no need for him to do that especially after the smashing Australia handed him.

Where is irfan? I'm sure he'll have a different take on the situation.

Yeah, not sure what Symonds said after Sharma waved the finger in his face... a simple "scoreboard mate" or "10 overs too late" is all thats needed in that situation.

master15

cyclone87 said:
I like Sharma, he's an excellent bowler but there's no need for him to do that especially after the smashing Australia handed him.

You're right in some respects but I also like that he's not stepping down and is prepared to fight his corner. It's a case of being able to back up your chat, something his friend Sresanth clearly hasn't quite figured out yet.

You can be a McGrath or a Dion Nash, but from what I've seen hopefully with some care and attention he'll fit into the mold of the former (His fielding has also come improved in spades)

Grug

God thats aweful

This ones just as horrible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=truJ48kVgwo

Murali the Chucker

Trying to find the one they played on the Radio the other day :lol man it was shi7.

The Brett Lee one made it to #2 in the Indian charts.

Lots of runs available here, might end up bein a close one, luckily Tendulkars gone.

Can back our fielders to make the Indians earn every run they get though.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

Nice, missed that one, flicked to the Simpsons for a bit. They wont shut the fuck up about this bloody boat1!!! are they meant to be showing footage or what? i dont know what the hell is going on.

Grug

Nice, misside that one, flicked to the Simpsons for a bit, they wont shut the fuck up about this bloody boat1!!! are they meant to be showing footage or what? i dont know what the hell is going on.

They're about to ask Richie about his boat voyages. :lol

EDIT: Another one gone! Bracken gets Rohit Sharma.

Grug

YUVRAJ GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

Stuart Clark is really coming on nicely as a 'complete package' bowler.

McGrath-esque.

Grug

Haha, Richie talking about yellow lycra knickers... :lol

EDIT: Oh no, they're back to talking about boats now. :lol

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

lol no i was working during the game and only had the radio on, i can imagine it would have been facinating. They had the Murali song on the radio though

http://www.alstonkoch.com/

you gotta listen to it, so funny lol

From the East to the West
The Onedays and the Test
Red Ball White Ball
No Ball Dead Ball
The World knows he the best

:lol

artist

Banned
Good all-round performance by Australia after a looong time .. :D They got this match pretty much in the bag.

The Symonds-Ishant exchange was golden...

Ishant to Symonds .. CLEAN BOWLED

Symonds: *boohoo* FUCK YOU! *I'm a 250 pound baby* *boohoo*
Ishant: FUCK OFF .. back to the pavillion ..

1.35 million bowled by 950,000. :D I still think Ponting's value was way below his potential. :lol Steve Waugh could have probably garnered a better price. :D Still Symonds needs to drop his overly sensitive attitude, man will he ever go without verbal abuse in any match. No doubt that controversial issue during the tests was just a tantrum.

Top Bottom