• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 footage on 10/29 [Up3: Comparisons coming in at midnight EDT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z_Y

"Look at the Xbox One fans grasping at straws"
*proceeds to grasp at straws*

IN&OUT ladies and gentlemen.

This guy joined GAF in June and is averaging over 7 posts a day that are about the equivalent of that last gem. I know this may be hard for him to grasp but some of us do have a genuine interest in both consoles. To quote John Boehner here..."This Isn't Some Damn Game!". Well...BF4 is...but the whole system wars isn't. At least it shouldn't be.

I just want to get the best version of BF4. If both are identical than I'm going for the XB1 version because I have a Gold membership good through next summer. That is me grasping at straws to save $50.

jbug617

Banned
I have a quick question I thought you were not able to capture footage from a PS4 yet because it doesn't support it yet.

I think we've already figured this out

MP PS4 vs. SP XBONE will look very comparable. People will be surprised because they will probably look very similar.

Thus, SP PS4 vs. SP XBONE and one (PS4) definitely looks better than the other one (XBONE)

This shit needs to end. MS needs to stop dancing around the subject, man up that their games will be slightly lower IQ, and move on. NES, Genesis, PS2, Wii... all successful systems that weren't the biggest and best IQ of the gen. Get over it already and just show us games without this BS manipulation.
Um did you watch the sp trailers? It looks way better than the multiplayer.

Better character models
Better explosions
Cinematic distruction
Better effects....

jbug617

Banned
Reviews for BF4 on Monday might be PC versions. He said they will have impressions of the next gen versions also.
@aegies: A @polygon reviews heads up: next Monday night we'll publish a PC Battlefield 4. We will have impressions for next gen, but no reviews.

VanWinkle

It can go two ways. If he is dumb and doesn't understand how things work (single player looking better than multiplayer), then for him the surprise is that XB1 version looks better. If he's smart and understands that single player looks better than multi, then his surprise would be that even the MULTIPLAYER of PS4 looks better than the single player of XB1.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Um did you watch the sp trailers? It looks way better than the multiplayer.

Better character models
Better explosions
Cinematic distruction
Better effects....

right. hence them showing SP XBONE at the same time as MP PS4. If they showed the same play modes on both systems, I'm guessing it will be very obvious which system runs the game better.

This guy joined GAF in June and is averaging over 7 posts a day that are about the equivalent of that last gem. I know this may be hard for him to grasp but some of us do have a genuine interest in both consoles. To quote John Boehner here..."This Isn't Some Damn Game!". Well...BF4 is...but the whole system wars isn't. At least it shouldn't be.

I just want to get the best version of BF4. If both are identical than I'm going for the XB1 version because I have a Gold membership good through next summer. That is me grasping at straws to save $50.

From what he said the only thing we can be sure of, is that they're not identical.

Liamario

Banned
I'll go out on a limb and say the xbone version of multiplayer is so inferior that they are only giving direct feed of single player, so as to help it compare more favourably to ps4.

Sorc3r3r

Strange comparision indeed, but i'll stay for GAF reactions, these last days has been very entertaining around here.
Love you all guys :p.

bidguy

Banned
I'll go out on a limb and say the xbone version of multiplayer is so inferior that they are only giving direct feed of single player, so as to help it compare more favourably to ps4.

we will see direct feed footage of the xbox one version on november 1st. not sure what youre getting at here

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Good lord @ the Sony love on this site.

Better graphics.
Cheaper.
These are usually mutually exclusive. But not in the case of the PS4.
Edit: If video games graphics are your primary concern, and you're not into kinect, then its not surprising tbh.

VanWinkle

Buying a PS4, but it would be pretty amusing to see what would happen to this site if the Xbox One version outperforms the PS4 version.

Probably similar to what happened when the rumor of CoD resolution being lower on XB1 than PS4 came about a few days ago. Also, it does not make sense that XB1 version could outperform PS4 version. We may see games that look the same for parity sake, but the PS4 architecture is very similar to XB1, just more powerful, so there's no way there would be an instance where XB1 version would look better.

Ding-Ding

This shit needs to end. MS needs to stop dancing around the subject, man up that their games will be slightly lower IQ, and move on. NES, Genesis, PS2, Wii... all successful systems that weren't the biggest and best IQ of the gen. Get over it already and just show us games without this BS manipulation.

Not going to happen. They have gone too far down the "There is no 30% difference" & "we have the best engineers in the whole wide world" defence to admit it was just PR nonsense.

If they did admit to it, they may as well buy the dunce's hats now to be ready for the inevitable piss take.

Piggus

when will we get wii u footage?

53MhsEL.gif

mrlovepump

Neo Member
As others have said putting out single player XBO footage vs multi PS4 footage is not going to give anyone a fair comparison.

I would expect the XBO single player to outshine the ps4 multi. This would not be a shock.

We need single player from both please before we can start fighting :)

mrJared

Banned
He did say we'd be surprised when we see the difference. It wouldn't be very surprising if it's exactly what everyone expects.

He's only saying that so all of the XBone fans don't just tune out.

By him being very ambiguous about it, he has gotten exactly what he wanted and that's for you all to still be interested...even though the outcome is going to be exactly as expected.

It worked perfectly, seeing as here you are, with HOPE.

Hope is a powerful thing indeed.

Gaz_RB

Better graphics.
Cheaper.
These are usually mutually exclusive. But not in the case of the PS4.
If video games are your primary concern, and you're not into kinect, then its not surprising tbh.
I agree except for that last part. I feel like it should read "if video game graphics are your primary concen"

XB1 will have some good exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom