• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu Thread: Emulating Wii U Games

BHK3

Banned
Anyone got donkey Kong tropical freeze to work?

I got a weird screen bug wenn the game starts, at first I thought my GPU was dying.

I believe the opening is a cutscene, which currently don't work right on CEMU, just wait it out and it should run fine

bee

https://github.com/slashiee/cemu_graphic_packs

can't test myself but i found this site from reddit, seems it's got a fair few graphics packs on there, some of them already seem quite complex, 4k mario kart below from the quality section

hope it helps someone at least

[Definition]
titleIds = 000500001010ec00,000500001010ed00,000500001010eb00,ffffffff85887bc1
name = "Mario Kart 8 - 2160p (4K)"

# Main Screen Resolution
[TextureRedefine]
width = 1280
height = 720
formatsExcluded = 0x41A,0x431 # exclude the intro background texture, race end background
overwriteWidth = 3840
overwriteHeight = 2160

# Half Res Alpha (and DOF)
[TextureRedefine]
width = 640
height = 360
formatsExcluded = 0x41A # exclude obvious textures
overwriteWidth = 1920
overwriteHeight = 1080

# MKTV output
[TextureRedefine]
width = 960
height = 540
overwriteWidth = 2880
overwriteHeight = 1620

# MKTV internal render targets
[TextureRedefine]
width = 960
height = 536
overwriteWidth = 2880
overwriteHeight = 1608

# MKTV half res alpha
[TextureRedefine]
width = 480
height = 268
overwriteWidth = 1440
overwriteHeight = 804

roytheone

I believe the opening is a cutscene, which currently don't work right on CEMU, just wait it out and it should run fine

It actually doesn't run fine for me. The first world is fine, but the first level of world 2 is incredibly slow, making it unplayable :(

Codiox

It actually doesn't run fine for me. The first world is fine, but the first level of world 2 is incredibly slow, making it unplayable :(

Now after the cut sequence it runs well, finished 2 levels so far. Only problem there is some graphic glitches when you collect the bananas and sometimes flickering donkey Kong.

membran

Ouch, tried it and Mario Kart 8 is painfully slow at 1080 for me, it runs at around 20fps.

I'm curious, do you guys get a stable 60fps in that game?

There are only two options you can play around with in Cemu:

1) timer: host-based or cycle-based. You can only change it prior to launching a game.

2) shader cache quality: low/mid/high. You van change that while the game is running.

Play around with those two. Try switching to host based cycle and try this setting with the three shader quality settings. Remember that cemu has to cache all animations etc, so the first couple of laps around a track will stutter before it'll get smooth.

Also, cemu doesn't like it if you've configured two controller inputs and start the emulator later with one of the controllers not attached. It will chop your fps in half. Either run the emu as administrator in that case or disable the second controller in the options.

Seik

Banned
I'm trying to make my own graphic pack for NSMBU.

Problem is, looking at a youtube video, I should simply delete the log.txt in CEMU's folder, start the game and then I'd see the titleID in the log file, but it doesn't happen actually.

Is there something in particular I need to check in the 'logging' debug section ?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I have a USB stick with my WiiU save of Super Mario 3D World on it.

It's formatted with the WiiU's partition formatting (whatever that is.)

Is there anyway for me to get the save file off of this USB stick, and into CEMU? (When I connect the USB drive to the desktop, it says it doesn't recognize the format and needs to reformat the drive.)

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
How long does it usually take for the CEMU team to get new games up and running? Im thinking of buying Zelda: BOTW for Wii U but holding off until i can run it on my pc.

elyetis

Performance is still rough, but I could see myself finishing my Xenoblade X game in a year or so, if Cemu keep improving at such a fast pace. Don't know why I stopped played couple weeks after the game release ( well I do know, since I always have a hard time finishing my single player games ), but the improved resolution sure help you enjoy the beauty of the game.

It also reminded me that I still needed to try Dolphin VR, and wow, some of the games work realy well in VR.

Aeana

How is audio support in this? I find it strange that all of the videos I see from this have external audio over it.

Similar question. I'm looking forward to playing Bayonetta 2 but I heard this game has sound issues. Do Tropical Freeze and 3D World also suffer from this ?

jediyoshi

How is audio support in this? I find it strange that all of the videos I see from this have external audio over it.

It's completely per game. Most working Nintendo games don't have issue for example, perhaps you're running into specific youtube channels that do it out of habbit.

Here are my 1.7.0 videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/reznoire/search?query=1.7.0

Bayo2, Splatoon, and XCX have the most noticable issues. Audio is usually disabled in Smash for performance.

I'm trying to make my own graphic pack for NSMBU.

Problem is, looking at a youtube video, I should simply delete the log.txt in CEMU's folder, start the game and then I'd see the titleID in the log file, but it doesn't happen actually.

Is there something in particular I need to check in the 'logging' debug section ?

Don't need to delete anything. After you launch the game, no log.txt appears?

roytheone

Now after the cut sequence it runs well, finished 2 levels so far. Only problem there is some graphic glitches when you collect the bananas and sometimes flickering donkey Kong.

Can you report your results when you reach the first level of world 2? That is the level where the frame rate took a HUGE dive for me :(

ZsUuMYs.jpg

D3Uh4Nw.jpg

Need a homebrew capable Wii U

Then an app like either wudump or ddd

Stunning.....what a difference resolution makes

Is Cemu G-sync compatible?

I think so? Maybe?!

My monitor has a LED that shows red when G-Sync is active and it's definitely on with CEMU, but it doesn't quite look like it is so don't take my word for it. It might be just because I've only played locked 30 games so far.

SaiyanRaoh

Specs:
i7 7700k @ 4.6
16gb DDR4 3200
1070gtx

Am I doing something wrong? I cant get ANY game to go 1080p or 4k.
I know the graphic packs are in the right folder because they show up on the graphic pack list in cemu. The "active" field by the game is checked so for whatever reason, cemu apparently thinks I'm in the chosen resolution. I'm using the default packs that came with 1.7.0 for now because I don't want to devote any time to making my own until I fix this. Is there an option I didn't enable or disable in the "Debug" settings menu? I left everything in default.

Erebus

So the game runs good at normal resolution but goes at 20fps in 1080p?
That's right.

Also cross-posting from the other cemu thread (I accidentally posted it there instead of here):

Now Cemu is straight up crashing and exiting to desktop whenever I try to load Mario Kart. It was working fine yesterday. I deleted the whole folder and then used a new extract to no avail. Does it create any other folders where it keeps settings in the hard drive?

I can't get controllers to work. First I tried directly connecting my Wii U Pro controller via USB and it didn't recognize anything. Then I synced my wireless Xbox one controller and it shows up in the inputs option and I mapped the buttons just as I would with other emulators but then when I launch a game It won't work. I'm sure I'm not doing it right

NZerker12

My Laptop specs:

Intel Core i7 4710MQ 2.5GHz upto 3.3Ghz OC
8GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia Geforce 860M 2GB

What are the chances of being able to run any games? e.g. XCX, SSB4

Damaniel

Banned

Xenoblade has audio problems - sound effects are proper volume, but voices and music are far too low. If they were all consistently too low, I could just raise the volume in Windows, but no such luck.

Actually, other than the sound, and the occasional weird glowing rock, Xenoblade is actually fully playable for me (though compiling shaders still causes stutter here and there). Targeting seems inconsistent though.

Erebus

Hmmm, I wonder how this person is getting the game to run at 4K 60fps with a lower spec PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xqNJ8Jyi4kIntel Core i5-750 @ 4GHz
EVGA GTX 970 SSC
8 GB CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3

Specs
Intel Core i5-750 @ 4GHz
EVGA GTX 970 SSC
8 GB CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3
I have no clue, that's why it seemed weird to me that I cannot run it smoothly even at 1080p.

The thing is Cemu decided to stop working altogether so I can't test it which the settings suggested above.

I'm on 1.7c and Trying to play yoshi's wooly world but I always crash on the first level. Is it my system or are there settings I need to change?

great emulator otherwise though

ss_lemonade

My Laptop specs:

Intel Core i7 4710MQ 2.5GHz upto 3.3Ghz OC
8GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia Geforce 860M 2GB

What are the chances of being able to run any games? e.g. XCX, SSB4
I was able to run Super Mario 3d World at 60fps with the usual stuttering (from what I guess is shader generation) on a 970m 6700hq laptop. Afaik, your laptop's cpu should perform just as well as mine so you might be ok with some games.

mario_O

I have no clue, that's why it seemed weird to me that I cannot run it smoothly even at 1080p.

The thing is Cemu decided to stop working altogether so I can't test it which the settings suggested above.

Delete the folder and redownload? I believe it's a portable program, no install?

Erebus

Delete the folder and redownload? I believe it's a portable program, no install?
Yes, I tried it but nothing.

I can occasionally make it display a message reading "compiling cache shaders" or something with a loading bar that goes away immediately and then the cemu windows closes.

https://github.com/slashiee/cemu_graphic_packs

can't test myself but i found this site from reddit, seems it's got a fair few graphics packs on there, some of them already seem quite complex, 4k mario kart below from the quality section

hope it helps someone at least

Careful with these. Not sure if the thread they came from has more info, but when I was testing them they cut the resolution of the alpha channel in games. That makes for a pretty jarring contrast in what the graphic packs were originally made for(to make the game look better). That being said the gamepad variants, once you delete the half alpha portion does actually improve your fps, by 1, but when you are only dealing with 30 that ain't bad.

Think about it. There won't be a better word of mouth for CEMU than making BotW work close to the release. The devs will prioritise that.

And with so many games working already and the other Zelda games running well I don't really see a case for why BotW should have issues?

While that would be true if the devs thought like that, I doubt they do. Tokyo Mirage FE# still doesn't run to this day and it's been highly requested since other games started to fall into playable states. If that was their thought process they would be prioritizing it. They aren't, to their credit I might add they are working on general stuff and additional features. Instead of being like we have Zelda! Sub to our Patreon. Also the only other Zelda on Wii U is WWHD and the original (and Twilight Princess and Skyword Sword) can be run on Dolphin like a champ.

1.7.0d now available to the public
http://cemu.info/

http://cemu.info/changelog.html

Reminder, you can upgrade from the Patreon version by overwriting the old files with the new

If you've modified your graphic packs, be careful in overwriting your changes

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

I did a very quick 1080p and 4k test with Super Mario 3D World and the game looks and plays awesome which is a tremendous feat given how early Cemu is in terms of development! :D

One thing I noticed though, is it just my system or are frametimes worse in 4k? I tested it and replayed Super Bell Hill three times to make sure it wasn't shader related, the game never drops below 59.66fps in either resolution but 1080p feels smoother than 4k.

I'm running on a i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz and a GTX 1070.

jediyoshi

The controller configuration and game saves are stored in a shared Windows folder or you need copy this files when you upgrade the emulator?

The entirety of cemu is basically in cemu.exe

settings.bin contains settings including bindings, this doesn't come packaged so it doesn't get overwritten

The controller configuration and game saves are stored in a shared Windows folder or you need copy this files when you upgrade the emulator?

You need to copy them over for now. Settings and controller-configs are stored in the setting.bin file, controller configs can also be exported as .ccc files and saves are stored in mlc01\emulatorSave.

So how does this run on amd cpus currently? I'll probably try regardless in a few days when I'm off, but it'd be nice to temper my expectations now.

oxidax

Anybody know where I can find an updated version of the Compat. list? or is it that the same games running poorly on 1.6 are still running poorly on 1.7?

sonto340

Posted In the community thread but this seems more active.

Is there any explanation for why CEMU 1.7 doesn't start on my pc if older versions work just fine?
A window doesn't even open. Just loads for a second and then nothing happens.

Top Bottom