• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Psxphile

Hearing reports that the VIP Brooms quest aren't rewarding players w/ brooms. They're marked as completed already when you unlock them.

Is a non-guilted seph-ex also worth it? If not, I don't know if I really should pull draws when the banner is finally here as the chances are very small, no?

Btw I've a guilted iTerra and it's awesome.

In JP, even nonguilted Seph Ex did really good damage, I can't remember if I did 50k or 200k. Although it was also boosted, but that shouldn't change it too much.

Hearing reports that the VIP Brooms quest aren't rewarding players w/ brooms. They're marked as completed already when you unlock them.

Yep, happened to me when I just bought VIP about 15 minutes ago. SE makes reporting this so damn hard (I have no idea how to find my order ID after purchasing...) so I was going to wait until I got home to email them then.

That said, debating on whether or not to use mirrors or a broom to reroll my KH3 Sora EX... He's at 139% guilt.

Psxphile

Yep, happened to me when I just bought VIP about 15 minutes ago. SE makes reporting this so damn hard (I have no idea how to find my order ID after purchasing...) so I was going to wait until I got home to email them then.

That said, debating on whether or not to use mirrors or a broom to reroll my KH3 Sora EX... He's at 139% guilt.

We get so many mirrors these days, using up 11 of them to top it off is much more preferable to blowing a single FMB on it... especially when you should be saving them for something like Seph EX. And of course there's always the risk it won't go up at all. Nah... use mirrors.

Why would you use brooms for that? That's only 11 away from max!

We get so many mirrors these days, using up 11 of them to top it off is much more preferable to blowing a single FMB on it... especially when you should be saving them for something like Seph EX. And of course there's always the risk it won't go up at all. Nah... use mirrors.

Why would you use brooms for that? That's only 11 away from max!

Yeah, I was gonna use mirrors anyways but the thought to use brooms struck me lol.

So don't worry guys, I'm using my mirrors to fully guilt.

Edit: ...and done.

o4hssif.jpg

Update

Everybody affected will be getting 10 Magic Brooms on August 29th.
So... after the guilt campaign is over. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"We will be sending 10 Magic Broom Medals (7 for the quest reward and 3 as an apology) to those affected by this issue.
* The Medals will be sent on Aug. 29, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. (PT)"

So only people who ran into the issue right?

Update

Everybody affected will be getting 10 Magic Brooms on August 29th.
So... after the guilt campaign is over. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It sort of makes sense, because the extra brooms have to go to people who buy the unlock any time this week (even like Sunday at 11:55 PM) who've already gotten VIP brooms before, and it's probably a huge pain to try and send the stuff out in multiple waves. Still sucks though.

c-murph

Yeah, it looks like its an exact repeat from last Brooms VIP...

Then it sounds like a good week to buy VIP to get compensation

mhm

Will they get compensation though or just extra jewels?

300 Jewels most likely but it would be nice if the gave us something with a little more substance.

Apparently the bug occurs if you've bought the previous VIP broom quest.

Yeah.... Not that I need the brooms right meow. I still have 4 and 5 complete M&Bs sitting and waiting for Seph Ex. I used one on Sora EX to guilt but then realized I had another Sora EX sitting in my inventory...

Edit: 3 extra brooms... meh.

Yeah, it looks like its an exact repeat from last Brooms VIP...

I buy VIP almost every week (maybe missed 3-5 weeks over the last year and a bit) and have never missed buying it with Brooms. This is the first time Brooms have been fucked up so I'm not sure what you're referring too when you say it's an exact repeat of the last Brooms VIP.

I buy VIP almost every week (maybe missed 3-5 weeks over the last year and a bit) and have never missed buying it with Brooms. This is the first time Brooms have been fucked up so I'm not sure what you're referring too when you say it's an exact repeat of the last Brooms VIP.

He means that it's literally the same quests, thus why the objectives are already finished if you did the last one.

c-murph

He means that it's literally the same quests, thus why the objectives are already finished if you did the last one.

This.

Twitter says "We're sorry for the numerous recent errors. We appreciate your patience and are preparing to send a token of our thanks to you soon. #KHUX"

So Jewels or FMB?
Let's hope they don't use Tsum Tsum free pull an their token of thanks. lol...

Speaking of jewels. I missed out on 400 jewels this week ;-; Forgot to do daily challenge yesterday and Monday.

Famassu

Lulz @ three red error messages up top in the notifications. KHUX NA team has not had a good streak in these past few days.
Speaking of jewels. I missed out on 400 jewels this week ;-; Forgot to do daily challenge yesterday and Monday.
Sameziez. The exact same days even, lol.

Boogiepop

So, I hopped out of the game at some point after Beast's Castle popped up, IIRC not super long after they introduced the further Keyblade upgrade materials that required relatively insane (at least at the time) missions.

Has the plot progressed much since then? Actually, is there a decent resource for just flipping through story mission synopsis stuff? I'm pretty sure I'm not ever going to hop back in proper (I'm just not made for F2P Gacha systems, as this game ultimately messed with/got to me in some not so great ways), but I'd be interested in checking in on how things are advancing.

Edit: I see the brooms finally actually made it over too, huh? Are they even vaguely generous with those to make guilting high level stuff plausible for casual play, or no? (Again, can't justify hopping back in either way, but curious). Also, how much has power creeped up? Like, IIRC my best medal was Illustrated Sora, which I think was top of the line when I quit.

Famassu

No
No
And
No

No plot hasn't advanced
No brooms aren't all that plentiful yet
No, your Illu Sora won't amount to much at this point. It's not totally worthless but there are much better medals nowadays.

"Also starting midnight (PT): a new Falling Price Deal featuring two new Medals and guaranteeing at least 1 Tier 5 Medal per draw! #KHUX"
DIB3AaHU0AEbgIQ.png

These are the FINAL medals before Tsum Tsum.

If everything goes by schedule
Tsum Tsum 9/1
Beauty and Beast stuff 9/8
Seph Ex 9/15

Unless they do 2 banners at once, but I don't think they'd do that. Tsum Tsum for sure won't happen until WoFF is over.

c-murph

"Also starting midnight (PT): a new Falling Price Deal featuring two new Medals and guaranteeing at least 1 Tier 5 Medal per draw! #KHUX"
DIB3AaHU0AEbgIQ.png

These are the FINAL medals before Tsum Tsum.

If everything goes by schedule
Tsum Tsum 9/1
Beauty and Beast stuff 9/8
Seph Ex 9/15

Unless they do 2 banners at once, but I don't think they'd do that. Tsum Tsum for sure won't happen until WoFF is over.

It's a trap.jpg

Guaranteed Tsum Tsum or Possible Seph? Hmmmmm...

It's a trap.jpg

Guaranteed Tsum Tsum or Possible Seph? Hmmmmm...

Unless Tsum Tsum comes on an off day, I know Tsum Tsum was up the same day as Seph Ex, because I was able to do a free pull when I kept making new accounts. lol

Maybe get super lucky with Seph Ex then pull for Tusm Tsum :p

Skittles

Unless Tsum Tsum comes on an off day, I know Tsum Tsum was up the same day as Seph Ex, because I was able to do a free pull when I kept making new accounts. lol

Maybe get super lucky with Seph Ex then pull for Tusm Tsum :p
I wont fall into the whale trap of EX banners. Tsums all the way

I... think I must have missed something because the story seems to now take place after the Keyblade War.

What exactly is our character doing, um, still being alive? We're not part of the Dandelions, so we didn't skip it or anything. And why did that war basically get completely glossed over anyways?

Psxphile

I... think I must have missed something because the story seems to now take place after the Keyblade War.

What exactly is our character doing, um, still being alive? We're not part of the Dandelions, so we didn't skip it or anything. And why did that war basically get completely glossed over anyways?

Master of Masters mentions that the memories of the Dandelions that survived the war would be changed to block out that the war happened and only the 5 new Union Leaders would still remember. Player wasn't a Dandelion but if what happened in [chi] holds true, Ephemer and Skuld chose not to leave him behind and brought him to Unchained, albeit with his memory of the war blocked.

We seem to be experiencing two different plot lines that may be occurring simultaneously: Player is going about his way gathering Lux from worlds and making new friends, while the new Union Leaders are gathering to figure out what to do next. How these two will tie together remains to be seen.

Twitter says "We're sorry for the numerous recent errors. We appreciate your patience and are preparing to send a token of our thanks to you soon. #KHUX"

So Jewels or FMB?
Let's hope they don't use Tsum Tsum free pull an their token of thanks. lol...

Here's the token.
ESrLSDF.jpg

Master of Masters mentions that the memories of the Dandelions that survived the war would be changed to block out that the war happened and only the 5 new Union Leaders would still remember. Player wasn't a Dandelion but if what happened in [chi] holds true, Ephemer and Skuld chose not to leave him behind and brought him to Unchained, albeit with his memory of the war blocked.

We seem to be experiencing two different plot lines that may be occurring simultaneously: Player is going about his way gathering Lux from worlds and making new friends, while the new Union Leaders are gathering to figure out what to do next. How these two will tie together remains to be seen.

I think I get it, but something bothers me:
does this mean that everyone we've met up until now have just been their Unchained versions? As in, not real? I'm talking about the important characters like Ephemer, Skuld, and the Union Leaders; I think the random Keyblade wielders we just met up with are fellow people going through the same thing our player character is.

If the player character is reliving the events of his/her past up until a certain point, then that should mean all those scenes we had with those important characters were just recreations, right?

Top Bottom