• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 52, 2014

Bruno MB

0vZs3.jpg

Many many thanks to Raist, felipeko, BishopLamont, BKK, Pranay_ and dabra for taking their time doing it every week!
Thanks to Captain Smoker, Frankfurter, test_account, donny2112 , Phife Dawg, tiong_fi, sensi97, 830920, Verve, Dash Kappei, Road, slaughterking, Loudninja, Twister Flipper, Bruno MB, jvm and Mpl90 for their contribution.

uFalM.png

UK:

Originally Posted by Chart-Track:

COD Rounds Off 2014

29/Dec/2014

‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ (+20%) signs off the year in style taking its 5th No1 crown since launch.

Grand Theft Auto V (+33%) continues to deliver strong sales climbing to No2 after four successive weeks in 3rd place. ‘FIFA 15’ (+11%) is relegated to No3, which means that for the first time since 2009 a FIFA title doesn’t occupy a Top 2 position in the final week of the year. Price promotions for ‘Assassin’s Creed: Unity’ (+18%) deliver another week on week sales boost as the title climbs a spot to No4. It overtakes a second Ubisoft title in the form of ‘Far Cry 4’ (+4%) which is down to No5. The third of Ubisoft’s Top 10 titles ‘The Crew’ (+7%) remains at No6 for a second week. A price cut for PS4 exclusive ‘Driveclub’ (+24%) propels the title back into the Top 10 at No7. Usual suspects ‘Minecraft: Xbox Edition’ (+3%) and ‘Minecraft: Playstation Edition’ (+4%) are non-movers at No8 and No9 respectively. ‘Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham’ (+11%) is also a non-mover, but a timely sales boost ensures it holds its No10 spot edging out Activision Blizzard title ‘Destiny’ (-11%) which slips to No11.

Week 52, 2014 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
02 (04) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
03 (02) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
04 (03) XBO CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
05 (07) PS4 DRIVECLUB (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
06 (08) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
07 (05) XBO ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY (UBISOFT)
08 (12) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY (UBISOFT)
09 (10) 360 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
10 (11) XBO FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
11 (09) PS4 THE CREW (UBISOFT)
12 (06) 360 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
13 (16) XBO THE CREW (UBISOFT)
14 (25) PS4 LITTLEBIGPLANET 3 (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
15 (13) PS4 FAR CRY 4 (UBISOFT)
16 (15) 360 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
17 (20) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
18 (18) XBO FAR CRY 4 (UBISOFT)
19 (24) XBO HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION (MICROSOFT)
20 (21) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
21 (17) XBO MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
22 (19) PS4 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
23 (26) 360 FAR CRY 4 (UBISOFT)
24 (22) PS4 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
25 (14) WII JUST DANCE 2015 UBISOFT)
26 (27) PS3 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
27 (40) XBO FORZA HORIZON 2 (MICROSOFT)
28 (31) 360 ASSASSIN'S CREED: ROGUE (UBISOFT)
29 (38) PS4 WWE 2K15 (TAKE 2)
30 (30) 360 LEGO BATMAN 3: BEYOND GOTHAM (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
31 (28) 3DS POKEMON OMEGA RUBY (NINTENDO)
32 (__) PS4 LEGO BATMAN 3: BEYOND GOTHAM (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
33 (36) XBO DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
34 (33) PC FOOTBALL MANAGER 2015 (SEGA)
35 (32) 3DS POKEMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE (NINTENDO)
36 (29) WIU SUPER SMASH BROS. (NINTENDO)
37 (35) PS4 THE EVIL WITHIN (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
38 (23) XBO ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)
39 (__) XBO WWE 2K15 (TAKE 2)
40 (__) PS4 MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)

yW8JH.png

Germany:

Styti.png

France:
Week 51, 2014 - Individual Formats (Value)

01 (02) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY - SPECIAL EDITION (UBISOFT)
02 (01) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (__) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
04 (03) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
05 (05) WII JUST DANCE 2015 (UBISOFT)

8BZvc.png

Italy:
Week 51, 2014 - Individual Console Formats (Units)

Mh9KZ.png

Sweden

WquyV.png

Finland:
Week 52, 2014 - All Formats (Units)

YHFbe.png

Norway:
Week 51, 2014 - All Formats (Units)

mf2Bby8.png

Australia:
Week 52, 2014 - Full Price Games (All Formats)

L4iEuoa.png

New Zealand:
Week 52, 2014 - Full Price Games (All Formats)

FScg6.png

Spain:
December 2014 - Individual Formats (Units)

BmPRT.png

Greece:
November 2014 - Individual Formats (Units)

lHu2yH0.png

Belgium:

MjzWH.png

Ireland:

fPcfZ.png

Netherlands:

0A0qT.png

Denmark:

PAL Charts - Week 48, 2014
PAL Charts - Week 49, 2014
PAL Charts - Week 50, 2014
PAL Charts - Week 51, 2014

Rymuth

The final PAL thread...man, what a year. It's been a pleasure, you guys.

EDIT: Driveclub climbed up two spots.

MMaRsu

Banned
Aww yeah Driveclub not only hanging in there, actually going up in the list too!! Congrats Evo :).

Screw The Crew though, who the f is buying that pos?

Game4life

Banned
Yeah looks like PS4 has been back to outselling xbox one these last few weeks. Good to see Driveclub get into more people's hands.

JNA

Banned
Man, unbelieveable how Mordor and Evil Within are still charting while Dragon Age hasn't charted at all.

Seriously UK what the hell? 0_0

Man, unbelieveable how Mordor and Evil Within are still charting while Dragon Age hasn't charted at all.

I'm over 40 hours in and if there's no sequel I'll cry. It's probably my game of the year thus far.

JNA

Banned
I'm over 40 hours in and if there's no sequel I'll cry. It's probably my game of the year thus far.

Oh there will be. It might have done badly in the UK for some unknown illogical reason but it's done well in the U.S. I believe...I think...I hope...

Also you're obviously not the only one seeing how most GOTYs awarded Dragon Age this year, but seriously what the fuck UK? Do you not like RPGs?

Hasney

The former 2 had some marketing behind them and have been priced aggressively in the sales giving them from and centre box arts on TV adverts showing off their sale prices.

I've still not seen an ad for DA:I, it's still full price most places and they had low stock after the first week giving people a chance to buy something else. It made no sense.

Game4life

Banned

Yeah really surprised with that one. Did Dragon age 2 suck so bad that it turned people off? I mean I always thought it was a reasonably big franchise and had a decent brand name. Guess I was wrong. Does anybody have any idea how it did in the npd's so far?

SparkTR

Oh there will be. It might have done badly in the UK for some unknown illogical reason but it's done well in the U.S. I believe...I think...I hope...

Also you're obviously not the only one seeing how most GOTYs awarded Dragon Age this year, but seriously what the fuck UK? Do you not like RPGs?

Didn't it fail to break the NPD top 10 during its launch month? Apparently it did okay on the US, it launched about as well as DA2, but stagnant sales for a franchise like this doesn't inspire confidence. The main thing we don't know is how much it sold digitally on Origin.

Vlodril

Yeah really surprised with that one. Did Dragon age 2 suck so bad that it turned people off? I mean I always thought it was a reasonably big franchise and had a decent brand name. Guess I was wrong. Does anybody have any idea how it did in the npd's so far?

dragon age did indeed suck that much. and then there was swtor and me3 which also disappointed a lot of people.

Glad to see LittleBigPlanet3 climbed up.
They should have released it for £30. It was never going to be successful on PS4 at £50. It's a great game and deserves to be in more people's hands, Sony being pig headed and pushing it as a full priced title was always going to end badly.

JNA

Banned
dragon age did indeed suck that much. and then there was swtor and me3 which also disappointed a lot of people.

Makes you think if Bioware is better off making a new RPG IP instead of a Mass Effect 4. Just start fresh.

sam777

Them two have also had price reductions to about £25, while Dragon Age has been around the £40 mark since launch.

Aticos

They should have released it for £30. It was never going to be successful on PS4 at £50. It's a great game and deserves to be in more people's hands, Sony being pig headed and pushing it as a full priced title was always going to end badly.
I bought it for £24 (PS4) from Amazon last week.

sam777

The LBP and Driveclub bundles are helping them games a lot in the charts. Although I think Driveclub has probably seen a little resurgence at the same time.

noobie

Banned
Look like PS4 is getting its grip again in the UK market. Wander how the charts will look once the deals are gone. is PS4 going to get more strengthen or XBO will keep its hold or last gen title will start showing up again

Bruno MB

TOP 10 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 27 December 2014

01 (01) CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 173,549 / 1,883,201 (+20%)
02 (03) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2) - 146,194 (+33%)
03 (02) FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 142,332 / 2,659,032 (+11%)
04 (05) ASSASSIN'S CREED: UNITY (UBISOFT)
05 (04) FAR CRY 4 (UBISOFT)
06 (06) THE CREW (UBISOFT)
07 (12) DRIVECLUB (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
08 (08) MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
09 (09) MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
10 (10) LEGO BATMAN 3: BEYOND GOTHAM (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) > 38,400 (+11%)

Code:
[Week 14] FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 142,332 / 2,659,032 (+11%)
[Week 14] FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 132,904 / 2,656,763 (-31%)

Code:
[Week 08] CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 173,549 / 1,883,201 (+20%)
[Week 08] CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 136,165 / 1,991,994 (-24%)

Vlodril

Makes you think if Bioware is better off making a new RPG IP instead of a Mass Effect 4. Just start fresh.

Well its good that it has nothing to do with the previous characters or probably timeline (i haven't been following). Word of mouth has been good for dragon age inquisition so maybe that ll help?

Really i was one of the i am done with bioware after their last few days but i have found da:i to be quite good. It has problems but its a huge step up from Da2. So no idea why its completely out of the charts. Its quite weird.

Yeah really surprised with that one. Did Dragon age 2 suck so bad that it turned people off?

I think that's probably the case as Dragon Age 2 topped the UK charts when it launched. Admittedly that was in March, but it was released a week after Pokemon Black and White, so it must have done some respectable numbers.

JNA

Banned
I'm still sour from number 2 so haven't bought it yet.

Well quit being sour and get it! It's the best RPG this year yo! They actually worked their ass off on this game unlike the rushed out the door product known as Dragon Age Kirkwall. XD

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
GTA V is just nuts. Crazy performance.... Might sell 50 million when it's all said and done.

Seriously. Frankly I found it insulting that at a time that everything is selling for 35 quid or less, Sony thought people woukd pay a premium for LBP. It was more expensive than GTA for fucks sake.

There is No Nintendo premium on Sony software and they of all people should havr known this.

NHale

I've still not seen an ad for DA:I, it's still full price most places and they had low stock after the first week giving people a chance to buy something else. It made no sense.

Something really strange happened with DA: Inquisition marketing campaing.

We know EA has a marketing partnership with Microsoft for that game but still we don't have any marketing campaign for one of the highest rated games of the year. Even more weird when Microsoft could launch bundles or ads saying "The Ultimate Experience only on Xbox" like other 3rd party ads for games like AC: Unity or COD which would definitely help the Xbox One brand recognition.

And Skyrim sold well on the UK/EU, so it's not like the market there doesn't want fantasy RPG.

Even if the marketing arrangement between Microsoft and EA didn't include ad campaigns, then why didn't EA advertised the game?

To me it's no surprise this game didn't sold well based on every chart available worldwide and it goes to show that nowadays reviews on the traditional gaming media are basically worthless outside hardcore gaming communities. For AAA games it's Advertising campaign >>>>> YouTube personalities >>>>> Traditional gaming media reviews.

This. It was impossible to pre-order for anything under £48, so no wonder it flopped in its first week. Now it's predictably gotten a drastic price cut so soon after it came out and things are picking up for it in the charts. God knows what Sony was thinking by pricing it so high to begin with.

system11

Virtually no advertising or buzz for the game, until people on GAF were posting about it being their GOTY and seeing it on that awards show, I didn't even know it was coming out.

And after a solid year of sword & sorcery type games honestly I didn't care either.

system11

Have to agree with this, the ending of the third one really just ... cheapened the whole series. What a waste. My expectations for the fourth are nothing but some kind of contrived mess.

Weather sound patch doing its work for DC.

Surprised to see Horizon 2 jump 13 places. Was it on sale? I didn't really see it on sale anywhere, but I haven't been paying as much attention this week as I did previous weeks so maybe I missed a sale or two...

Yeah looks like PS4 has been back to outselling xbox one these last few weeks. Good to see Driveclub get into more people's hands.

Well, we can get a rough idea of how well the PS4 is selling by looking at DC. As almost every competitive console still has it bundled and it's risen two spots in the charts, that suggests that console sales are extremely strong.

Whereas if we look at the main games bundled on X1, we see them mostly declining...

No marketing is the main culprit. You still find people who don't even know it's out. Not sure what MS/EA were thinking by not marketing/bundling the game...

Top Bottom