• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: King of Fighters XIII Steam Release is Imminent

FWIW, I spoke with one of the SNKP reps earlier this year at GDC and he said that they were "very aware" of the shortcomings of KOF13's netcode. He didn't directly say anything beyond that, but there was a pretty heavy implication that there were plans to improve on that for future releases.

Same shit they said after KOF12. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sentenza

Someone earlier in the thread said there was a hacked version available for PC.

Is this the one you are referring to?
Yes, it's essentially the arcade version adapted for generic PCs, and from what I heard it has some performance issues.

Shane

I haven't played KOF in over a decade. Might grab it even with the (expected) poor net code (don't have many UK Steam friends who multiplayer, let alone on fighting games).

for anyone else curious about the game, I just wanna say that this game's system is deep enough for fun to be had in the lab. There really are a lot of things to be discovered in practice mode, and combo possibilities are endless. Here are some little combo videos I made for anyone who wants a look-see at what you can do in this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QhwGjobFrE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uShym11Uez4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2tmSYP4Xxg

that last one is for fans of kill combos, Urien, and Community.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm personally waiting for Arc to update GG from #Reload to Accent Core. However, I don't expect them to improve netcode at all. Double so after the PSN release.

Aaron

Are you saying I can buy more characters in Skull Girls?
Not yet obviously. The game isn't officially out yet on PC. Though they have additional characters in the works as DLC, and if they do well there might even be more going forward.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I'm personally waiting for Arc to update GG from #Reload to Accent Core. However, I don't expect them to improve netcode at all. Double so after the PSN release.
Wrong thread bud, this is about KOFXIII.

Im glad that SNKP just saved PC Gaming :3

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wrong thread bud, this is about KOFXIII.

Im glad that SNKP just saved PC Gaming :3

If by "saved" you mean "releasing a game with shit netcode," then yeah.

Still waiting to be impressed by this "improved netcode" people are hyping themselves up to be.
Read: waiting to go "TOLD YOU SO SNK/SUCKMORE SUCKS" when people find out the netcode hasn't been improved.

Next target would be to convince Harada to bring Tekken to PC, Given his past stance it doesn't look easy.

I wouldn't mind SC going to the PC platform. With the character creator, it'd be pretty insane to throw in mod support there.

Dizzy-4U

Dumb question, has anyone ever tried playing a fighting game online over hamachi?

Edit: Oh wait, nevermind. I guess it needs to have LAN support.

Every single Tekken game ever made can be played on the PC with the exception of 6 and TTT2.

Legitimately. (definitions vary from country to country)

Tekken 1,2,3 - ePSXe
Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 4 and Tekken 5 - PCSX2
Tekken 5 DR and Tekken 6 PSP - PPSSPP

After TTT2 I can't go back to any of those games.

Wel I guess we will have to see if they actually will improve the netcode when the game is officially announced. And then see again if the net code is actually improved, when the game comes out.

Retroid

Did anyone else in the official group just see a notification about a posting on the group page? I tried to click on it but I just got an error.

for anyone else curious about the game, I just wanna say that this game's system is deep enough for fun to be had in the lab. There really are a lot of things to be discovered in practice mode, and combo possibilities are endless. Here are some little combo videos I made for anyone who wants a look-see at what you can do in this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QhwGjobFrE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uShym11Uez4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2tmSYP4Xxg

that last one is for fans of kill combos, Urien, and Community.

Awesome Robert combos man. He seems like a character I would enjoy playing but I just haven't spent enough time with him.

Awesome Robert combos man. He seems like a character I would enjoy playing but I just haven't spent enough time with him.

thank you! Yeah, honestly I believe he's a very good character. His tools are a little under powered, but he has just about all of them. Obviously he's not A tier but I think more people should use him. Robert is a swag monster.

Blackage

That's a strange stance from him, considering he's an enthusiast PC gamer and Steam user.

He's referring to fighting games though, this genre is pretty niche as it is, then you're talking about putting fighting games on PC which has traditionally had next to 0 fighting games or any real support for them on it. I'd be apprehensive about it as well. :)

Omega

Banned
To our loyal KOF Fans,
"THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition" will arrive on PC for your enjoyment very soon!

We at SNK PLAYMORE have worked hard to bring our PC version of KOF XIII to our loyal fans and to any newcomers as well. We look forward to seeing this game being enjoyed by PC gamers and KOF fans across the world.

We look forward to receiving your feedback in the weeks to come!

Y2
Director

Grief.exe

To our loyal KOF Fans,
"THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition" will arrive on PC for your enjoyment very soon!

We at SNK PLAYMORE have worked hard to bring our PC version of KOF XIII to our loyal fans and to any newcomers as well. We look forward to seeing this game being enjoyed by PC gamers and KOF fans across the world.

Y2
Director

Now that KOF is guaranteed, I set my sights firmly on Halo.

sibarraz

Banned
I played the PC version last year, and there was some odd input lag. It didn't feel right at all. I don't mean the netcode, just local.

I recall a story telling that SNKP designed KOF XIII to work in the cheap and expensive models of the arcade cabinet that was used for type x-2 games

For that reason, you can feel a little of lag if you don't configure it on the system

That or your pc couldn't run it

Omega

Banned
Now that KOF is guaranteed, I set my sights firmly on Halo.

I know it's not much but the official Halo group is now private just like the KOF one. A few days ago they were still public or at least you could invite people. Neither of those options exist for either group now.

I'm probably just grasping at straws but I love Halo. Halo 3 at 1080p/60fps and hopefully with mods? there's no words to describe what I would feel if that got announced for Steam

thank you! Yeah, honestly I believe he's a very good character. His tools are a little under powered, but he has just about all of them. Obviously he's not A tier but I think more people should use him. Robert is a swag monster.

I love his command cross up move. It's great how you can play with any character in this game and do well, you just have to put the time behind it. Also Robert seems very street fighterish, so people coming from that background (like I did) should be able to pick him more easily. That's what makes me even more surprised that I haven't spent time with him.

Grief.exe

I know it's not much but the official Halo group is now private just like the KOF one. A few days ago they were still public or at least you could invite people. Neither of those options exist for either group now.

I'm probably just grasping at straws but I love Halo. Halo 3 at 1080p/60fps and hopefully with mods? there's no words to describe what I would feel if that got announced for Steam

And mouse/keyboard support.

The groups going away could have been a change on Valve's end. The registry app for Halo was hidden by Microsoft and Valve has really locked down the registry of late.

I'm hoping for an announcement at Gamescom.

petran79

Banned
He's referring to fighting games though, this genre is pretty niche as it is, then you're talking about putting fighting games on PC which has traditionally had next to 0 fighting games or any real support for them on it. I'd be apprehensive about it as well. :)

"My PC is always the newest (with water cooling system by Aquacomputer from Germany). (The) problem is many PC gamers (do) not have fighting sticks, and it seems that many PC gamers (aren't) interested in fighting games."

I have a fight stick....all arcade sticks are PC compatible btw
I think there are more chances for Virtua Fighter coming to PC (has happened with VF2), rather than Tekken.

SNK released some of their titles on PC in the past but they werent that popular compared to MK or SF (Fatal Fury, Samurai Spirits, KOF99) but this time they are taking it far more seriously. Waiting for some cool palette mods and I hope the modders can add some older stage backgrounds and sound tracks too!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
To our loyal KOF Fans,

Y2
Director
Source?

Top Bottom