• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The interpreter is fucking up Ackley's interview lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly I wish there were more baseball games that started at 6 in the morning. That was pretty cool. Shitty way to open a season but I dig early morning baseball overall.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Go back to pedo cartoons and leave sports to the Americans. You have your own "professional" baseball, stop stealing ours!

lawl... I am from Seattle tough guy. Don't get banned at the start of the season..

h3ro

breaking balls make him look silly.

wmX8B.jpg

Bat was scared. Someone stole Jobu's rum.

jakncoke

Banned
Just realized working 2nd shift is probably going to make me miss a fuck ton of Pirates games this year. Probably for the best lol

Jon

Alright, well now that there is a lull in between games I can post my fantasy team and you all can savage me for how bad it is.

C - Mike Napoli
1B - Michael Young
2B - Dustin Pedroia
SS - Elvis Andrus
3B - Evan Longoria
MI - Ian Desmond
CI - David Freese
OF - Jason Kubel
OF - Alex Gordon
OF - Carlos Beltran
OF - Coco Crisp
OF - Nick Markakis
UTIL - Jesus Montero

SP - Justin Verlander
SP - Matt Moore
SP - Ricky Romero
SP - Ivan Nova
SP - Tim Stauffer
SP - Edinson Volquez
SP - Justin Masterson
RP - Joel Hanrahan
RP - Jonathan Broxton

Bench - Mike Aviles
Bench - Yadier Molina

---

Alright guys, what say you?

Jon

Has the SEA/OAK game been played then? I thought there was going to be two? I'm so confused. :(

There will be. They start at 6 AM EST. Tomorrow's will be the same time.

EDIT: Nope, actually they play Thursday. And it is at 5:10 AM EST.

tc farks

The constant "where will Marmol be traded to" discussion will be a fun distraction.

I'm completely on board with let's see how bad it can get. Anybody on the team not named Starlin Castro could be jettisoned this season.

The latter half of the season is where it's at. Please be good Anthony Rizzo/Brett Jackson.

tc farks

Being in Illinois, I also enjoy the occasional delusional Cubs fan that swears "this is the year." Though, I have heard zero proclamations of that sort so far.

Well, Bryan LaHair being your 1b makes even the most delusional fan reconsider.

eznark

Banned
I'm completely on board with let's see how bad it can get. Anybody on the team not named Starlin Castro could be jettisoned this season.

The latter half of the season is where it's at. Please be good Anthony Rizzo/Brett Jackson.

Honestly (and since I think they pose no real threat to the Brewers this year) I'll be rooting for the Cubs to outperform expectations. I absolutely love Svuem and firmly believe he deserves a long, serious look.

Anthony Rizzo blows, though. Sorry dude.

tc farks

Honestly (and since I think they pose no real threat to the Brewers this year) I'll be rooting for the Cubs to outperform expectations. I absolutely love Svuem and firmly believe he deserves a long, serious look.

Anthony Rizzo blows, though. Sorry dude.

Of what I've seen and heard from Svuem, I'm a big fan already. And I was 100% behind the Mike Maddux train.

Rizzo put up some damn good #'s, even for being in the PCL they were impressive. There's gotta be some good mojo behind a guy whom Jed Hoyer mancrushes so hard for.

His #'s in the bigs last year that could make 1 cry at first glance, but he was still sporting a .140 IsoD. That's lead the league territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom