• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Creative Writing Challenge #216 - "Energy"

LaMagenta

Mike M

Nick N
Fun fact: The long-tailed macaques on Mauritius is the only population of the species where the herpes B virus is not endemic.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Welp finished my first draft for the challenge. It's nice to be done pretty early for once. Too bad it sucks! Hoping I'll get a new one up before friday.

Fun fact: The long-tailed macaques on Mauritius is the only population of the species where the herpes B virus is not endemic.

So don't have sex with a turtle. Very sound advice Mike.

Mike M

Nick N
Welp finished my first draft for the challenge. It's nice to be done pretty early for once. Too bad it sucks! Hoping I'll get a new one up before friday.

So don't have sex with a turtle. Very sound advice Mike.

Well, you probably shouldn't be doing that regardless.

Cyan

Banned
nitewulf! Good to see you back, dude.

This is going to sound crazy, but I... actually have an outline? I hardly know what to do with myself.

Alucard

Banned
Played Breath of the Wild for the first time tonight. Lost 2.5 hours on vacation that I could've used to finish my story. Tomorrow it is!

Nezumi

Played Breath of the Wild for the first time tonight. Lost 2.5 hours on vacation that I could've used to finish my story. Tomorrow it is!

Oh, so you think that tomorrow you don't want to play Breath of the Wild?
Oh sweet summer child.

Mike M

Nick N
I just fixed my PS4 after the hard drive started failing last September, and I've been wasting waaaaaaay too much time losing at Street Fighter 5.

And yet I'm on draft, what, five? Six? I can't even keep track anymore. Get on my level, slackers.

Nezumi

I still got nothing, so I'm honestly not sure if I'll participate this week. We'll see maybe I too get a magical sending like Flowers. Any specific rituals you performed? Should I sacrifice a virgin?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I still got nothing, so I'm honestly not sure if I'll participate this week. We'll see maybe I too get a magical sending like Flowers. Any specific rituals you performed? Should I sacrifice a virgin?

I had sex with a turtle and as we were cuddling, it whispered the idea in my ear.

Edit: It was too good an idea because it won't fit in the word count so it'll probably be the first half or something.

Mike M

Nick N
I had sex with a turtle and as we were cuddling, it whispered the idea in my ear.
DZLw3KDS4C-8.png

Cyan

Banned

Dude you totally had something last weekend!

Nezumi

Dude you totally had something last weekend!

I had a setting. I still have, but can't for the life of me come up with a story to put in it. And I don't know where I can get a turtle on short notice.

I kind of blame Mike for doing too good a job with our DnD campaign, shit is distracting.

Hey guys I am back for my third entry (ever). This is my first attempt to write something in months, I really had to force myself to do it. I actually ended up writing way too much, and found it hard to trim it down. That is why it just ends, and why I'm 200 words over. Also my first time constructing a world.. if that makes sense. I found that quite fun.

Anyway here is the Google Doc Link:

A New Hope (2,270 words)

Yes, it's a bit of a mess, I literally forced myself to push it up as is.

Be kind.

#entry

Mike M

Nick N
I had a setting. I still have, but can't for the life of me come up with a story to put in it. And I don't know where I can get a turtle on short notice.

I kind of blame Mike for doing too good a job with our DnD campaign, shit is distracting.
I was really hoping one of you would be daring enough to take the drow's deal : P

Alucard

Banned
Can't believe I hammered out an entry while on vacation, but there it is. If I have more time tonight, I'll likely give it one more editing pass, but I wanted to at least have one version of my entry in the can in case I'm not able to access the internet later on.

Off to a big family bday party and total gluttony...

Alucard

Banned
Oh, so you think that tomorrow you don't want to play Breath of the Wild?
Oh sweet summer child.

I did it! While my wife and the girls were napping. Might be time for BotW later...not getting back until midnight here, but the pull is strong. Story edit would come first, of course. I'd say the entry above is draft two.

Alucard

Banned
I got to do draft 3! Yay. I think my entry could be even better with another editing pass, but I'm actually fairly pleased with it in its current form. I've updated the link above.

Looking forward to reading everyone's entries.

choodi

Banned
I'm tapping out. My story is too long (again) and I don't have the energy to go back and re-write it
see what I did there :)

Anyway, I figure I will just submit it incomplete if anyone cares to read it. It is lacking a conclusion of any sort, but feel free to make some suggestions for how it should end.

A fool's errand (1952)

#entry

Tangent

Personal Best

#entry

I don't even know what happened at the whirlwind end of my typing!

usual password

I'm just catching up with all this talk about turtles trading sex for story ideas. And I'm wondering if Mike M actually took the time to draw out that handsome turtle.

Nezumi

Wordcount is still at zero, but my flat is now all tidied up AND I did the laundry, that's something at least :D

Edit: I officially give up for this week, no need to wait for me. I really really really need to start earlier next week, which I have said ridiculously often by now, but looking at the sad state of participation record lately it is time for a reevaluation of my work ethic...

Alucard

Banned
Wordcount is still at zero, but my flat is now all tidied up AND I did the laundry, that's something at least :D

Edit: I officially give up for this week, no need to wait for me. I really really really need to start earlier next week, which I have said ridiculously often by now, but looking at the sad state of participation record lately it is time for a reevaluation of my work ethic...

Are you going to write something in time? :) Or are we good to call the deadline?

Alucard

Banned

It happens. We'll see you back strong in the next one.

Top Bottom