• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

tass0

Banned
#1 lightweight in the world Gilbert Melendez won under both the unified and Compustrike rule sets. Get mad.

But yeah, after that event no one can deny that Strikeforce is the best that Bad MMA has to offer. When they're on they're on.

Honestly, Strikeforce events are pretty dope. On average, I find them more entertaining than UFC PPVs.

First time I watched Strikeforce was like in 2009, Fedor/Rogers. Shit has been pretty good since then, at least from the cards I've watched.

tass0

Banned
Dee-lusional.

As I said previously, before Saturday, Barnett had not faced a top 10 heavyweight since 2006.

Barnett loses to any decent striker that he cannot take down. Carwin, Cain, and probably Mir all fall in to that category.

Barnett has a very good ground game, barely average striking, and average wrestling. That is not a recipe for success in today's heavyweight division.

frank_mir.jpg

Barnett and Mir are interchangeable.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I will still clamour for the ultimate matchup in sports fighting entertainment: Brock vs. Barnett. The promos would be godlike.

Barnett tools Mir on sheer toughness alone. Mir would gas and has nothing for Barnett. Carwin vs Barnett would be more interesting. Barnett via submission round 3.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Barnett tools Mir on sheer toughness alone. Mir would gas and has nothing for Barnett. Carwin vs Barnett would be more interesting. Barnett via submission round 3.

Factoring in his age, surgeries, persistent neck/back problems, and ring rust when he eventually returns: at this point I doubt Carwin would be able to beat anyone in the top 10 anymore.

In 2 years LHW will be the new MW. I think MW is looking pretty damn good these days. I also love using the MW in UFC 3. Its deff more stacked than WW.

dem

Was anyone else unaware that Glover Teixeira was fighting this week in the UFC? (Relegated to facebook fights...)

Thats been a long time coming.

MjFrancis

TUF Brasil is actually alright. Anderson Silva & Wanderlei Silva together in the same room actually yields a few laughs. And the fights are coming up gold lately. Since there's people in here who will sit through Bellator I don't know why the same folk wouldn't watch TUF Brasil. I hesitate to call it good, but watched casually, it's digests well enough.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Good god

What would Nick be doing if he wasn't a fighter? He can't understand any of the questions.
Running that part of the smoke shop that's behind the bead curtain where they sell the adult novelties.

Play nice, Capt. I think this is the start of a friendly alliance between the two factions of Sports Entertainment-GAF.
Where's your purity now?

MjFrancis said:
TUF Brasil is actually alright. Anderson Silva & Wanderlei Silva together in the same room actually yields a few laughs. And the fights are coming up gold lately. Since there's people in here who will sit through Bellator I don't know why the same folk wouldn't watch TUF Brasil. I hesitate to call it good, but watched casually, it's digests well enough.
I'll watch it eventually. I thought I saw a commercial for the "premier" on one of the last UFCs on Fuel or FX or whatever, so maybe they are going to re-air it to US audience with subtitles?

Heel

Friendly alliance? More like an uneasy truce.

The Sports Entertainment Peace Treaty of 2012. A promise to never cross the streams again, with plywood acting as our sole liaison. All MMA-GAF e-fed activity is ceased immediately. dream is banned from Wrassle-GAF forever.

G-Fex yes or not.

Things that were completely off my radar until MMA-GAF made me look:

1. wrassle-gaf
2. e-fed
3. furry-gaf
4. incest thread
5. various disturbing images linked by Cheesy in nerdchat

G-Fex

The Sports Entertainment Peace Treaty of 2012. A promise to never cross the streams again, with plywood acting as our sole liaison. All MMA-GAF e-fed activity is ceased immediately. dream is banned from Wrassle-GAF forever.

G-Fex yes or not.

I was going to start maybe catching fights on tv sometime.

how can I stop MMA fights on my e-fed when you're the MMA champ Heel?

Yes or not?

Heel

While I believe MMA is a pure sport, I acknowledge that many of us were wrestling fans before being converted to Pride and the Ultimate. I see no problem with this handshake agreement between our two factions.

As a sign of good faith, allow G-Fex to create you as a character in his e-fed. Would you say that's reasonable, Chamber?

I wouldn't spend $60 on it myself, but I'd get a group together to split the cost or go to a bar.

JDS vs Mir might have been good enough for me to try to get people together, but I have a party to go to already.

The next one worth getting a group together will likely be 148 on July 7.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Find myself pissing in empty water bottles more and more lately.

I'll be in a heavy gun fight in Battlefield 3, not wanting to get up, and opting out to use the restroom I just aim in a bottle and let go.

It's actually quite fun. Because when you're done, you just throw the piss out the window.
Saddest thing I've seen in awhile. Why the fuck does he have bottles of piss lined up like a trophy collection?

Heel

I think it's time we host a Maury-style sit down with G-Fex and dream in Nerd Chat. We have to get to the root of this issue for the sake of Sports Entertainment GAF.

Top Bottom