• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG tops 8 million copies sold and 700K concurrent users

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Just announced at the Xbox Gamescom conference. Sales number is as of last week.

Well, technically 699,231 players.

McDougles

Brendan Greene mentioned passing the number prompted by the hosts "last week," although it just surpassed 7 million.

Not sure if it was just a miscommunication or if SteamSpy is off by 1 million.

i really like PUBG. i wonder what concurrent numbers will look like a year from now, will it have staying power like CSGO/DOTA/LOL?

RulkezX

Wonder how SteamSpy is that off

Isn't exactly a new thing. Plenty devs will tell you SteamSpy is frequently miles out.

OT - bizarre with such strong sales they've jumped into bed with MS with the exclusivity ( if the publishing deal results in full exclusivity)

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
And Microsoft is publishing the fucking console version of the game, holy shit do people understand how huge this is?

This will sell Xbox One Xs, no question!

Probably steamspy numbers are just behind so I doubt it sold 1 million in 4 days.

Still, this is impressive. It'll hit 12 million by the end of this year at this pace.

the pressure to nail this xbox release must be huge. they only really get one shot to make a first impression to console players. the line between minor annoyance and bugs so bad you tell your friends to avoid the game is very thin i think.

Spawnling

nq77mZw.png

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/899351098472910848

Babomb!

napata

Isn't exactly a new thing. Plenty devs will tell you SteamSpy is frequently miles out.

OT - bizarre with such strong sales they've jumped into bed with MS with the exclusivity ( if the publishing deal results in full exclusivity)

Really? So far I've only seen devs confirm that Steamspy is pretty accurate.

And Microsoft is publishing the fucking console version of the game, holy shit do people understand how huge this is?

This will sell Xbox One Xs, no question!

Unless they explicitly say that it's exclusive they can just publish the game on their platform and let the developper publish it elsewhere.

It already happened ifI remember right.

Adnor

Banned
Really? So far I've only seen devs confirm that Steamspy is pretty accurate.

For what I understand SteamSpy is accurate, but behind for like three days, normally three days isn't much, but for a game with PUBG's momentum it matters.

totowhoa

Banned
I'm still trying to wait for a sale lol. I have games to finish now but I reaaaallllyy want to play this....game looks so fun.

Ladekabel

Who cares? It's just another one of these buggy survival games PC players love. Nothing special about it.

Did I do that right?

Top Bottom