• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three Xboxes in household: I have questions about digital games sharing

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
So I now have :

#1 OG Xbox One (now moved to my daughters room)

#2 Xbox One X (In the living room, used by my wife)

#3 Xbox One X (In the bedroom, used by me)

Up until now, I have been playing co op games with my wife on two PS4 Pros. We both have PS+ subs and I buy the game once, and download it twice on each PS4s (primary and secondary consoles)

So now that I have bought my wife and I each an Xbox One X, I want to do something similar except I am curious if I can include my 9 year old daughter in the mix.

Here are three examples of what I would like to be able to do:

A) Go to the Xbox store, buy Minecraft story mode digitally and have my daughter log in on her profile and play it on her OG Xbox One.

B) Buy digital copy of Call of Duty WW2, install it on all three Xbox and play Zombies mode with my wife and daughter.

C) Buy upcoming online co op games (Borderlands 3, Anthem) digitally and play co op with my wife as we have been on our PS4s

Is all of this possible?
Can I share a single digital game purchase on all 3 xboxes?
How many Xbox Live subs do I need to play with my wife or my wife AND my daughter?

Any feedback is appreciated

AFMichel

Neo Member
As far as I know you can only share games with 2 Profiles when you set them up as "home" xboxes for each others profiles.
And I think you can only change your "home" xbox 2 or 4 times a year.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
would I be able to log in as my daughter on her xbox and then buy minecraft digitally and install it on her Xbox, or do I have to buy the physical copy?

I heard I only need a single Xbox Live subscription to play online co op with my wife....is this true? (I think you need two PS+ subs to do it on PS4)

Top Bottom