• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News [Creation Kit released]

Enco

Cool armour! I'd love to see it in the game, however I'm having so many problems with performance and CTD issues at the moment that I think it's got to do with my save and I'm just about ready to thrown in the towel and say goodbye to skyrim for a while, I'm getting sick of the constant crashing and I know that's my fault but I think I'm kind of over it anyway, it had a good run for me.

No more Colonial?

The thread won't be the same. I play Skyrim once or twice a week. The fetch quests are awful. I just enjoy wondering around and trying mods.

I feel I'm about to hit my psychological wall as well after 363 hours distributed between three different characters. I know I am because now other games call to me (Batman AC, AC:R and The Darkness 2) so I guess I'll wait for DLC to rekindle my flame while the modding community do their thing.

Is there a work around for the bug where you can't dual wield from favourites 2 of the exact same weapon if they are upgraded/enchanted.

Such a stupid bug.

No more Colonial?

The thread won't be the same. I play Skyrim once or twice a week. The fetch quests are awful. I just enjoy wondering around and trying mods.

I'm just getting sick of the completely constant conflicts and crashes, I've been more often removing more mods than I have been adding lately and no matter what I do I can't make my game become stable. I've worked so hard for so long spending SO SO SO SO many hours trying to perfect my game and my experience and all I ever get is CTD, CTD, CTD and I pretty much can't stand it any more to the point that I just CBF with this POS any more.

Enco

I feel I'm about to hit my psychological wall as well after 363 hours distributed between three different characters. I know I am because now other games call to me (Batman AC, AC:R and The Darkness 2) so I guess I'll wait for DLC to rekindle my flame while the modding community do their thing.
363 hours? Holy crap. Surprised it lasted that long!

I'm at just over 100 hours. My most played game of all time.

I'm just getting sick of the completely constant conflicts and crashes, I've been more often removing more mods than I have been adding lately and no matter what I do I can't make my game become stable. I've worked so hard for so long spending SO SO SO SO many hours trying to perfect my game and my experience and all I ever get is CTD, CTD, CTD and I pretty much can't stand it any more to the point that I just CBF with this POS any more.
Yea I can imagine that getting annoying. You could start from scratch and only import your ENB settings and your favorite mods :p That would take time though.

Yea I can imagine that getting annoying. You could start from scratch and only import your ENB settings and your favorite mods :p That would take time though.

Done that about 10 times now, I'm sick of spending more time debugging and fucking around trying to get it to work than actually playing that the thought of seeing my character run around with that shitty slide on the ground but not touch the ground animation from 3rd person makes me want to vomit.

I've burned myself out I think. I think I need a break, but I don't know what else to do with myself :/

Think I might try out Kingom's of Amular or Dear Esther

363 hours? Holy crap. Surprised it lasted that long!

I'm at just over 100 hours. My most played game of all time.
Yeah I think I have some OCD with Bethesda and BioWare games, I just can't stop playing until I burn down, it's almost ridiculous but it's the kind of games I definitely enjoy the most.

@Colonial
Just my humble opinion but you might need to limit the number of mods you use, I read you have (or used to) over 300 mods, that's bound to cause a lot of incompatibility issues. I'm sure you're well aware but just voicing my opinion.

mr_nothin

Banned
Just an FYI to Nvidia users. New drivers out. I saw a noticeable improvement. It ran smoother.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-295.73-whql-driver.html

Yep:
Nvidia said:
R295 Highlight Summary
New features and performance since last WHQL-certified driver

Game-changing performance boost of up to 45% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, “the fastest selling title in Steam’s history”
Up to 2x performance Mass Effect 3 with SLI technology.
GeForce-exclusive quality enhancements with ambient occlusion support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Diablo III, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
New 3D Vision and SLI profiles for over 50 titles.
New PhysX software for the best experience in top PhysX titles like Alice: Madness Returns and Batman: Arkham City.
R295 Highlight Details

Performance

Increases performance by up to 45% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (measured with GeForce GTX 560 at 1080p Ultra settings in indoor scenes vs. 285.62).
Updates the NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to a higher performance profile.
Boosts Mass Effect 3 SLI performance to up to 2x.
Ambient Occlusion
Fixes instances of texture corruption/artifacts in Battlefield 3 when memory constrained (typically 1GB or less graphics cards running Ultra settings and high resolutions).
Other Details

:O

KKRT00

Finally a driver release, i was waiting for it for ages [Skyrim launch]. Hopefully it fixes shadow performance indoors significantly, because its the only setting i had to lower for my OGSSAA + 4x MSAA setup on gtx 560 :)

Just picked up Kingdoms of Amular - holy shit I wish I have jumped on board earlier, I freaking love it. I just wish the graphics were more realistic, but I can deal. It's gory and bloody enough and I like the over the top style.

It's like WOW and Skyrim had a baby.

Enco

Just picked up Kingdoms of Amular - holy shit I wish I have jumped on board earlier, I freaking love it. I just wish the graphics were more realistic, but I can deal. It's gory and bloody enough and I like the over the top style.

It's like WOW and Skyrim had a baby.
Just had a look at this and it looks great.

Surprised I haven't heard about it from before.

edit: What we need is a Just Cause 2 of fantasy. Would be so amazing

spirity

I would have said it was closer to WoW + Fable. But regardless, yeah its a great game. This gen has been so awesome for open world/sandbox games. Easily my favourite genre. (I do wish Amalur had an sdk though. Good as it is, there's a few features that could have benefited from mods).

I would say Skyrim is close to that... although, I suppose Skyrim is the Fallout of Fantasy.

Fantasy is such a popular genre and Skyrim is such a great world, but the game is just so.... there's just something wrong about it... it's the quality / the implementation that is wrong. I think the fact that it's made by Bethesda.

What I want, is The Witcher 2 level quality, but in an open world game like Skyrim and without the constraints of the Witcher 2 (being a Witcher). I want Skyrim to be built with the Witcher 2 engine..... problem is, that kind of quality on that kind of scale would just take forever.

The next gen is going to be insanely awesome.

Karak

Hahaha GREAT point. I love their engine(just Cause) and that could rock.

As for KoA. I thought it was ok. It gets freakishly repetitive pretty quickly but for a first in a series of games it is truly very well done. I also love them because their CEO happens to ADORE games. His enthusiasm leaks out into every single discussion. I back that shit up with my gaming dollars.

So right now, the modding community is divided between the Nexus, and the Steam Workshop?

My prior experiences with the Nexus for Oblivion were really bad. Script extenders, mod managers and setting a hierarchy for mods....all of that stuff made things too complicated for me. I know, I know it's me.

Now I see this steam workshop that's basically "click, you're done, go play" (unless I'm missing something).

So will modders eventually move their stuff to the workshop, or is their a downside to doing so? Sorry for the noobish questions, just trying to get my head around this.

zkylon

zkylewd
So right now, the modding community is divided between the Nexus, and the Steam Workshop?

My prior experiences with the Nexus for Oblivion were really bad. Script extenders, mod managers and setting a hierarchy for mods....all of that stuff made things too complicated for me. I know, I know it's me.

Now I see this steam workshop that's basically "click, you're done, go play" (unless I'm missing something).

So will modders eventually move their stuff to the workshop, or is their a downside to doing so? Sorry for the noobish questions, just trying to get my head around this.
Script extenders and load order are still an "issue" in the Workshop so it's basically the same, except NMM just alerts you that your mods are outdated, whereas SW just automatically updates them.

I don't like the Workshop at all, the website is pretty uncomfortable to use and I don't like the sound of Valve monopolizing modding and the modding community.

Ledsen

Those things are exactly the same with the workshop...

I'm actually wondering if this is just a built in feature of the game that I've missed, but is there a mod out there to provide a "quick cast" option? If I'm running around with a sword and a destruction spell I don't want to have to press "3" to bring up oakskin, right mouse to cast oakskin, and then "2" to re-equip my destruction spell. I'd much rather have both the standard hotkeys that equip that item / spell and quick hotkeys where if I press one it equips the spell, casts it for me and then re-equips my previous item / spell with one button press. Anything out there like that already?

goodfella

I'm actually wondering if this is just a built in feature of the game that I've missed, but is there a mod out there to provide a "quick cast" option? If I'm running around with a sword and a destruction spell I don't want to have to press "3" to bring up oakskin, right mouse to cast oakskin, and then "2" to re-equip my destruction spell. I'd much rather have both the standard hotkeys that equip that item / spell and quick hotkeys where if I press one it equips the spell, casts it for me and then re-equips my previous item / spell with one button press. Anything out there like that already?

That would be amazing.

Enco

Think I'm done with Skyrim.

107 hours in it's my most played game.

I enjoyed my time but it's boring now with all the fetch quests and awful combat. There are some great mods but they've gotten stale recently.

I'll probably pick up Amalur next month some time.

Some shots from my last session for now:

iF2dTkKdobCqx.jpg

imNlvW2kaU8JG.jpg

ibt6cKR5ZHy0Yv.jpg

iAJQzP8SmBpw6.jpg

XtremeRampage

Neo Member
Do you like to travel by carriage? With your companion? So that you can enjoy the scenery...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6PGIjfXy3A

B8D6A4A6D33D45C8D22A74CDBC3129D3C21F5757

D132281287624F9F5FB5AE825CA89FB6921A1537

A2B2D06C09695379C2820CFEBC93A8061873DFE1

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=20391449

I just posted my Real Carriages mod to Steam Workshop. It illustrates the main reasons why this didn't ship with the game:

a - save/load doesn't work with the carriage
b - there's a huge amount of work to set up patrol routes that keep the carriage from clipping into obstacles along the way, and the physics of the carriage itself leaves something to be desired - it's much "lighter/bouncier" than you would expect

That said, I still find it fun and relaxing to just tour Skyrim by carriage. Have fun with it, and feel free to mine it for ideas.

Teleporter

hello all! ok ive made a new character (now my third) and got her to lvl 20 and them decided to mess with the race change command (showracemenu) changed my wood elf to the cat race and when done i noticed my health, magica and stamina stats was evenly divided. as a hunter i had no points spent on magica and almost 200 on stamina, now i fell that my character is lost with this changes on its attribute. i know u can reset the build but can the stats for heath magica and stamina be reseted somehow?

S0N0S

Why is SKSE taking so long to update? (using the beta)

...because it's a beta. Betas are inherently untested, change frequently, and are not widely used. I'm sure SKSE team would rather devote their time to developing a more complete SKSE (a la OBSE) and towards supporting full releases rather than to a limited beta.

zkylon

zkylewd
Uhh... Fallout 3 (and New Vegas) maybe... but absolutely nothing like fallout 1, 2 or Tactics.
Yeah, I wouldn't say even the New Vegas of fantasy. The difference between what makes New Vegas and Skyrim good is huge.

And besides, there's already a Fallout of fantasy. It's called Arcanum.

Ponti

hello all! ok ive made a new character (now my third) and got her to lvl 20 and them decided to mess with the race change command (showracemenu) changed my wood elf to the cat race and when done i noticed my health, magica and stamina stats was evenly divided. as a hunter i had no points spent on magica and almost 200 on stamina, now i fell that my character is lost with this changes on its attribute. i know u can reset the build but can the stats for heath magica and stamina be reseted somehow?

You should be able to set health, stamina and magicka values with the 'setAV' command. player.setAV stamina 200 e.t.c.

And yup whenever you switch race you need to write down all your skills and attritubes in order to set them back to what they were. Also if you use beast form it'll set you back to your default race again once it ends.

Teleporter

You should be able to set health, stamina and magicka values with the 'setAV' command. player.setAV stamina 200 e.t.c.

And yup whenever you switch race you need to write down all your skills and attritubes in order to set them back to what they were. Also if you use beast form it'll set you back to your default race again once it ends.

thank you so much friend! ill try that right away!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Have to apologize for not being so involved in the OP as the last few weeks have consumed me with some big games and Vita launch. I am trying to make the shift back into this thread so bare with me. Glad you guys and some key members are keeping everyone updated :)

Piano

Banned
Do Storm Atronachs normally spawn out in the world now and then or is it a mod that's doing it? I combed the descriptions for Occupy Skyrim, Skyrim Immersion Mod and Wildlife whatever and can't find any reference to them modifying that.

That sort of lore breaking nonsense is why I got rid of Wars in Skyrim.

Teleporter

Hey guys im loving Skyrim again playin as a hunter type character, much stealth, covers, shoot wildlife trought flora and stuff it's really immersive and fun. Now im looking for mods that can somehow improve even more my playtime. Also anyone know some awesome armor mods for ranger/hunter type of character! Man Skyrim is trully a masterpiece most of the time, just wanted more npc awareness from stuff hapening in the world and from my light sources lol... Take care gaf!

Woorloog

Banned
I don't have gaming PC and thus no Skyrim for PC... i intend to correct this later and start making an overhaul mod for Skyrim. As it is, it isn't really what i'd like.
So a request, in order to do some preliminary planning, can someone find out for me how much each skill rank increases the skills effectiveness? And does the same apply to enemies.
UESP claims each rank of One-Handed increases damage by 0.5% but i don't think any other skill included this info.

...because it's a beta. Betas are inherently untested, change frequently, and are not widely used. I'm sure SKSE team would rather devote their time to developing a more complete SKSE (a la OBSE) and towards supporting full releases rather than to a limited beta.
So they're going to go out of beta eventually? I might as well quit using SkyUI for a year and wait.

This mod is definitely rough around the edges, but its been something I've wanted in the game for a while since I love trotting around Skyrim on my horse but hate having any follower stuck running after you: Horses for Followers.

Only came out a couple days ago, but its pretty cool.

XtremeRampage

Neo Member
I don't have gaming PC and thus no Skyrim for PC... i intend to correct this later and start making an overhaul mod for Skyrim. As it is, it isn't really what i'd like.
So a request, in order to do some preliminary planning, can someone find out for me how much each skill rank increases the skills effectiveness? And does the same apply to enemies.
UESP claims each rank of One-Handed increases damage by 0.5% but i don't think any other skill included this info.
Or you can search any existing overhauls in the official forum:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/13...ence-thread-5/page__hl__pluto*__fromsearch__1
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/13...c-overhaul/page__hl__overhaul*__fromsearch__1
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/13...e-overhaul/page__hl__overhaul*__fromsearch__1
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/13...erhaul-mod/page__hl__overhaul*__fromsearch__1
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/13...ul-dragons/page__hl__overhaul*__fromsearch__1

Top Bottom