• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

Blablurn

ix0rx5g.png

LFADQOo.png

Gameplay Enhancments:

• Real Touch: In football, what dictates and separate the best from the rest is 1st touch control. In PES 2017 the 1st touch in calculated by player attributes as well as the further inclusion of real ball physics directly controlled by the input ball touch. See how different players control the ball in unique and different ways based on where and how you control them, dictating the flow of the game based on how they react to the unpredictable movement of the ball. In addition, there is more control in how you receive the pass, and depending on the pass the player can visually execute the exact play intended, from receiving a pass to sending the ball out again.
  • Precise Pass: Combining Real Touch and real ball physics, passing is an art form in PES 2017. Many factors determine the speed and accuracy of the ball. The base is the player rates and skills, and adding to these are the players direction and angle that links to the natural, satisfying animation to follow. The pass that is made on the best situation and timing will generate a perfect trajectory, creating a great satisfaction when a killer pass is made.
  • Goal Keeping: Keepers see a great jump in quality through added motions and animations, creating the most agile keepers in PES history. They instantly react to shots including a fast follow up, springing into action after landing. Further improvement have made to a variety of situations the Goalkeeper will face, including 3 significant areas. These include deflection when the shot is near their feet, instant reaction to shot to the side they are not expecting, and fingertip saves to defend shots right before it goes past the goal line. With the new intelligent keepers scoring a goal will not be a simple task. The ball physics when the keeper saves is close to real life, which can be seen in how a shot is deflected based on which part of the keeper it hits. Attacking moments will be more dramatic than ever, bringing the best feeling of achievement when that goal is scored.
  • Total Team Control: The series is known for incredible depth when controlling how your team plays, and with Total Team Control in PES 2017 users have new on the fly options during a match. Users can instantly change the attacking and defending mentality of the team, which can be tweaked and carefully controlled with simple controls, being able to immediately react to the unpredictability of the sport. Defend a lead or drive the team forward to score a goal, the choice is yours.
  • Adaptive AI: For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play, listen to your strategy plans, follow your Advanced Instructions, and change their tactics accordingly! Pass to a star player often? The opposition will double up on him and mark heavily. Like to constantly play down the wings? Players will cover their fullbacks to make you think twice! The AI will also adapt its attacking tactics, so if you are intercepting the opposition's long passes they will change to a short passing game! Player and team behavior has always been a staple of the PES series, and for PES 2017 Adaptive AI will change sports games forever.
m1jRVuX.png

Demo Impressions from GAFers:

Put a fair few games into it, early impressions are almost universally very positive.

+ Replays don’t move at glacial speed.

Very early days of course but yeah, very happy with it at the moment. Now to trust Konami not to fuck it up

741730bc91932f79445e84917f4f78e7_100_100.png

Game is legit, legit, legit

I have to say it is fantastic, I am not sure how they were able to fine tune so much in less than a year. The player ID really really stands out this year and I am loving the little bit of flair they added. As someone who really didn't care for PES 16 I am really enjoying this years version, cant wait to play more.

Had a few more matches now.

The goalkeepers are brilliant. Had several instances where I've shouted "what a save!" at the telly. Just feels so much better than in the previous games.

Played 10+ match today, love it for the AI opponent.
Every team felt a little different, they make mistake even at highest difficulty. The randomness still there after 2 days, very well done.

IGV9e21.png

Gaming on PC said:
As football videogame fans who mainly game on PC may already know, Konami‘s Pro Evolution series has a history of underwhelming ports on PC. Sadly, against all expectations, this trend will continue (at least for the upcoming PES 2017) and PC gamers will once again get a gimped experience that can’t take full advantage of the platform.

Pro Evolution Soccer Global Product and Brand Manager Adam Bhatti has confirmed that the PC version of PES 2017 will be using PS3/Xbox360 assets (though it obviously supports higher resolutions and framerates than those seen on last gen consoles)

Source: http://www.gamingonpc.com/general-g...cer-2017-will-still-be-an-old-gen-port-on-pc/

Some more information:

• My Club: Now you can check your opponent's play style and tendency when matching on online matches with Match Analysis.
  • Master League: Significant changes to the transfer system, with new dedicated budgets for transfer funds and player wages. More variety in the negotiation such as 6 month loan, and signing the player during his loan period.
  • Refs: Improved judgment on player collisions to determine fouls. Smaller fouls will be called up, as well as extra intelligence when playing the advantage rule, including going back to book players after an earlier challenge.
  • Live Update: Available as a Day One update when users connect online. Weekly updates will now be able to be downloaded to all offline modes. This will enable all users with online connections to play with the latest rosters. This will also apply to European transfers for winter, the long wait is now gone from your worries.
  • Sharing on PS4: Share your create teams and players with other only through easy transfer via USB
    Data sharing is multiregional, allowing European users to share with fans from US or Asia
  • Edit Mode: PES 2017 allows you to freely customize your team, players, and stadiums in the edit mode!

wapplew

Nice OT!
Hype for the Mandarin and Cantonese commentaries!
PES might be my single player footy fix, Fifa for the online.

Menaged

I think might actually but it this year.
I know that for years online wasn't PES forte, but how's the offline?
My plan is to play single player and couch co-op, so I hope PES would fit the bill.

Zemm

So that option file that cost £5, what happens when Konami patch the game? Will it undo the options file or are they going to keep updating it and emailing it out for the people that bought it?

LAM09

So that option file that cost £5, what happens when Konami patch the game? Will it undo the options file or are they going to keep updating it and emailing it out for the people that bought it?

They are going to update it on regular basis with new content. It's probably best till wait till after the Konami patch comes out to apply the OF.

T-Rex.

Banned
Absolutely love the demo, hope the full game isn't much different, lol.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

it always is, same with fifa :/

OP = Blaburn
OP picture = 08/09 Messi in Bayern jersey
OP header= full of Barca cunts

I can't.
zzohhno.png
vrdy.png

Demo felt better than the last iterations, but man that dribbling input still feels like heart surgery done with your feet holding chopsticks.

ChanMan

Yass already got my game preloaded, also still trying to figure which OF I am going to use. I know a lot of people are going to using PESUniverse but I really like the team over at PESGalaxy.

I've put quite a bit of time into the demo and absolutely love it. Manual through balls are amazing, I've been pulling off passes I've been being doing in my head for years.

Edit - is just like to add I've seen no BS from the goalies and the refs decision making regarding fouls has been impressive so far. A few slide tackles where it's look nasty but I've gotten the ball have been rightly allowed to stand where in previous games he would have blown his whistle.

Pachimari

If you apply an option file with real kits across the leagues, will those apply online? I assume no.

I'm gonna have to give the demo another go. The refs were not good in the demo. Giving penalties when it wasn't a penalty at all, giving a red card when tackling the ball cleanly.

i hated the demo at first, then really liked it. then went back and was indifferent. don't think I'll day 1 this on PS. might get it for pc if I can find it SUPER cheap.

Splatt

What's gimped in the PC version? Graphics?

--e--

oh, sorry, didn't see that it was posted in the OP

one punch me to death

Blablurn

Played some games

Severs are not up

Squads are still terrible outdated. Like BVB still has all their good players :lol

Sucks that there is no Bayern.

Gameplay is just like the Demo. Very satisfying.

And I hate that they STILL use one stadium slot for san siro and meazza. so lazy.

I wish they had the license for the japanese national team. i think even EA doesnt have it. Why does Konami not have it?

The feel when you paid full price for a Konami game :lol

LAM09

Played some games

Severs are not up

Squads are still terrible outdated. Like BVB still has all their good players :lol

Sucks that there is no Bayern.

Gameplay is just like the Demo. Very satisfying.

And I hate that they STILL use one stadium slot for san siro and meazza. so lazy.

I wish they had the license for the japanese national team. i think even EA doesnt have it. Why does Konami not have it?

The feel when you paid full price for a Konami game :lol

Transfer update should be live on Thursday and EA got the Japanese NT licenses a few years ago, but somehow they're licensed in Winning Eleven.

In what game modes can you use those players?

You have to get them on MyClub to begin with, but they will then appear in ML once you have them.

Pachimari

The following list of players shows a few legends - http://www.pesmaster.com/pes-2017/search/?myclub=yes

They are from the teams they have exclusive licenses with (Barca, Liverpool & Dortmund). Carlos and Figo were available on PES 2016 BTW.

Carlos and Figo were both in last year, I had them in my MyClub team.

That's good to know. I wonder if they took out some of the Legends?

I guess I can line up with this:

Casillas
Carvajal - Pepe - Ramos - R. Carlos
Makelele
Figo - Modric - Laudrup - Cristiano
Ronaldo​

I hope Makelele, Beckham, Guti, Raul, Laudrup and Hierro are in as Legends.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I really enjoyed PES 2016 (gameplay) but literally spent more time editing teams and kits than I did playing the damn game.

If Option File support is as I'm expecting (download file from a website, save it to USB, transfer it to game, done) then I may well be in. Has a video been put online of how it works yet?

Pachimari

I can't decide if I should get PES 2017. Rather, I don't know if I can pay up for two football games. I love FIFA and play it online, and I used to love PES (from 1-6), so I'll probably give the demo another go tonight. It felt off to me.

I can't decide if I should get PES 2017. Rather, I don't know if I can pay up for two football games. I love FIFA and play it online, and I used to love PES (from 1-6), so I'll probably give the demo another go tonight. It felt off to me.
Wait for it to go on sale (Because it definitely will).

Quite surprised they are still launching it at full price.

Wait for FIFA demo tomorrow, no need to decide now since PES still hasn't patched the summer transfers into teams in anyway.

Hasney

Look at the sales figures. No one buys PES on PC so why waste money and time?

They're actually wasting money and time doing this version, since it's got upgrades from PS3/360, but not as good as PS4/XB1

Their reasoning is that a lot of their fanbase have PCs that aren't that great. no idea if it's true or not.

Sweep14

DerZuhälter;216649495 said:
Wait for FIFA demo tomorrow, no need to decide now since PES still hasn't patched the summer transfers into teams in anyway.

How are summer transfers relevant here ? This year, both online and offline rosters will be weekly updated on PES.

Top Bottom