• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT2| "All Quiet on the GAF Front"

Right, they're pretty close: http://symthic.com/bf1-compare?Russian_1895_Trench_vs_Russian_1895_Cavalry

Which makes it not as fun to use when you're playing as a scout. As cavalry, you benefit from increased armor, and the faster recoil and muzzle velocity. You get caught in a face off with the trench, and you'll be lucky to get at least one kill.

Lower recoil recovery and muzzle velocity only matter at longer ranges, where scout is already spoiled for choice. It's by far the best weapon if you're on a CQC map but still want the benefit of flares.

Alpende

Can someone explain to me why I can't play a match lag free? My internet does not suck, I have NAT type 2 (it's not fully open but still) and even when I play on European servers the match is laggy and mostly unplayable.

BF1 / EA games always give me issues.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Lots of great changes. My favorites:

- No more grenade respawns
- Medic spotting and incoming medic indicators
- Reduced load times (10 sec per map)
- increased grenade timers
- reduced AT grenade damage
- improved lighting in Argonne Forest (very interested to try this one)
- PTFO ribbons - I dont think it will force the seven snipers last night who stayed back on top of the ballroom on ballroom blitz while i tried to take on two enemy tanks and 20 enemy players spawning on those tanks with only 13 other players to play the objective but at least it would reward me.
- Platoons. I am interested to see how this works. very few BF1 gaffers are still playing this game but maybe i can invite randos to join my platoon especially if my squad is good at playing together.

Just played 5 games of conquest - I have yet to see an indicator for medics that are coming to revive me. I assume you actually have to spot to let the downed player know so maybe they weren't spotting.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Downloading the patch right now. I know they were an issue with mostly everyone but no grenade respawns at all? Thought we would get at least 1, I would use gas grenades when capping a point to my advantage.

Not sure I understand the grenade changes.

If they've gotten rid of resupply then why increase the resupply time? As well as nerf blast radius and throw time.

It's like it used to be in older Battlefields. Grenades will be resupplied from ammo crates after a set amount of time instead of automatically respawning.

SlimySnake

Not sure I understand the grenade changes.

If they've gotten rid of resupply then why increase the resupply time? As well as nerf blast radius and throw time.

Because grenade spam was an issue before they enabled grenade respawning and broke it even more.

Now they are finally fixing what needed to be fixed six months ago. a lot of this mostly affected Operations where support would lay down a crate on chokepoints like bunker entrances and pretty much close down entrances throwing unlimited grenades.

Ok, thanks.

So the resupply time for an impact grenade is 49 seconds. I have to stay by a crate for that duration?

Anyway if you guys are happy with the changes, I am. I'm no Battlefield expert.

Ok, thanks.

So the resupply time for an impact grenade is 49 seconds. I have to stay by a crate for that duration?

Anyway if you guys are happy with the changes, I am. I'm no Battlefield expert.
No. Just be near one any time after the timer expires and you'll be resupplied.

Can someone explain the changes to nades

I understand they are on timers ow but how do supply bags affect them now?

And has the community grown to prefer grenades on timers? I think less nade spam sounds great

Applied to the Neogaf platoon(even though I've never played with any of you before).

Didn't see any place to leave a message so I could be any random.

PSN BobelacX.

Anyone add me if you like, being playing a bit more recently.

Trade killing a lot more since the patch. Not sure if netcode got worse or what.

Gotta have something to keep us busy for 2 months before the next DLC comes out haha

They made a change that makes trades possible where they weren't before. Now bullets will continue to travel and hit things after the shooter is dead, so you'll see trades more often now.

Applied to the Neogaf platoon(even though I've never played with any of you before).

Didn't see any place to leave a message so I could be any random.

PSN BobelacX.

Anyone add me if you like, being playing a bit more recently.
I added you and I made you a Lieutenant so you can accept invites too.

Absolutely, I'll join tonight.

Alright, I created a NeoGAF platoon. It's by permission for now, but I can always change it if we don't get people. I also don't feel like being the platoon general so can easily pass that along to anyone who's interested.

On another note, the Selb 1906 is such a shitty gun.

Daffy Duck

Can you only join the platoons in game?

Wouldn't mind joining one as the PSN UKGAF group seems to have died off completely and I miss the games of getting together.

Is that Hellriegel defensive a default unlock or do I have to do a challenge(s) to get it? Edit: See they are behind challenges, cool, will be going after that.

It's a Georg Luger brand Garand.

It's good if you're accurate, but it's horribly punishing if you miss even a shot.

That's fair, and I can be mildly successful with it. I think the worst part about the gun is the reload mechanic. An empty mag reloads faster than if you have to reload a partial clip. If you get a kill and end up with only two/one bullets left, you either reload for a long amount of time or shoot into the air.

SlimySnake

Yeah kill trading is going to be taken away in the next update. i just dont see the need for it in a game where you dont regen your health right away.

Argonne forest looks much better now. the greenish tint is gone. it's still a fucking chore to go through in the last two sectors. you get A, they get B, you lose 50 tickets trying to get back to A through chokepoints, you finally get A, they take B. Rinse and repeat until you get a train.

i understand the decision to not give the winning team a behemoth on the second batallion of the last map, but some of the sectors are a bitch to take without it. especially against a competent team. Dice needs to play their own game because operations on Argone forest takes way too long when you get there with three battalion. takes forever to take out the enemy train then lose the second battalion without making any progress and then finally get the win with the last battalion.

lots of medics yesterday but people still dont wait or dont realize you can spot people.

I was sick of watching players go 60-0 every match in planes and me just eating shit on the ground, so the nerf is very welcome to me.

I'm not quite sure yet how I feel about the nerf, or at least the extent of the nerf. I can totally understand nerfing the darts, and that will definitely minimize the massive KDRs pilots get. What I don't agree with is buffing the AA cannons too. AA cannons could easily take down fighter planes before the patch so I don't know why they needed any adjustment.

zorbsie

Alright, I created a NeoGAF platoon. It's by permission for now, but I can always change it if we don't get people. I also don't feel like being the platoon general so can easily pass that along to anyone who's interested.

On another note, the Selb 1906 is such a shitty gun.

How do we request to join? Would love to play this on xbox with more folks.

I'm not quite sure yet how I feel about the nerf, or at least the extent of the nerf. I can totally understand nerfing the darts, and that will definitely minimize the massive KDRs pilots get. What I don't agree with is buffing the AA cannons too. AA cannons could easily take down fighter planes before the patch so I don't know why they needed any adjustment.

Yeah, I have to echo this sentiment. I like to fly the bombers even though I'm a terrible pilot (could never get the hang of the faster planes). But most games I'm in I'll see a plane spawn and I'll just say screw it because as soon as I get in a plane it's basically like a signal goes off for the AA guns. I've also shot down plenty of planes with AA guns and I've got to say that even one AA gun can take down a plane (minus maybe the bomber) in seconds.

Top Bottom