• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Korra |OT| - Saturday Mornings Just Got Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

Great I bet we won't be able to ...

It's likely to be uploaded through Nick's site on that Korra Nation page, which means that those that aren't from the US won't be able to watch it.

But I'll make sure to get a workaround if that's what happens.

Damnit! Well, I'll just ready the VPNs for Saturday then. Bring it on Nick!!!

Omikaru

Man, I have to be away when Episode 2 launches. Not that I'll be able to see it straight away, being UK and all. :(

I just hope it remains available for a bit after the early premiere.

Wiseblade

there's already rule34 out there

there's BEEN rule34 since like forever

i saw a horrible pic a while back of bolin and mako having sex with korra together

id have given anything to drop dead at the time

I can understand rule 34 in a twisted way, it's the people shipping based on nothing but the character portraits that freaked me out.

CoolS

I can understand rule 34 in a twisted way, it's the people shipping based on nothing but the character portraits that freaked me out.

The bad thing is with what kind of twisted things people come up. So people, don't do the same mistake I did and google it. JUST DON'T DO IT!

2th

Banned
How about we keep all talk about Rule 34 out of the thread in general? That would be nice wouldnt it?

Wiseblade

The bad thing is with what kind of twisted things people come up. So people, don't do the same mistake I did and google it. JUST DON'T DO IT!

What? No, I didn't say to look at it, just that I understand why it exists. One of the few things the Internet can be relied on it to ruin your perception of beloved things from your childhood. And since every show is possibly someone's favourite show when they were a kid...

Obscenely early shipping on the other hand, doesn't have that excuse. It's just people who really should know better doing something really stupid.

Wiseblade

But Lin has all those cables. The material writes itself.

But maybe Lin can't Metalbend! You don't know yet!

But the ones who really annoyed me we the people arguing over who Korra would end up with out of Bolin and Mako. The Comic con trailer was still fresh and people were making pairings...

2th

Banned
spends all day fantasizing about having sex with giant plush toys

teehee <3

If you didnt share such awesome taste in comics and art with me i would hate you.

But the ones who really annoyed me we the people arguing over who Korra would end up with out of Bolin and Mako. The Comic con trailer was still fresh and people were making pairings...

We know she can metalbend. There is no point to having the cables on her back if she cant...

Edit: Plus the chief of the metal bending police but she cannot metal bend? What the hell kind of writing would that be?

Great news.

I hope that Lin can metal bend, sand bend besides earth bending like her mother.

Yeah, i really hope this thread does not turn into a shipping war.

Lemonz

ad4Dz.gif

Also I think that the LoK website will be region blocked so for everyone outside of the USA just wait a few hours after launch and use google to find ep2.

CoolS

She did metal bending in the first episode already. She opened Korras cuffs when Tenzin asked Lin to let her go.

CoolS

Yeah you will visit the website and you'll get a sorry we can't show you this video from your location.

you wait 3 hours and use google to still see it.

Or you do a little VPN tricksing and watch it as soon as it goes online. Just have to look up which one I'll be using.

Wiseblade

She did metal bending in the first episode already. She opened Korras cuffs when Tenzin asked Lin to let her go.

Why are people taking that statement so seriously? I was just trying to make the point that writing fanfiction/shipping couples about a show that hasn't started yet is crazy.

WillyFive

Why are people taking that statement so seriously? I was just trying to make the point that writing fanfiction/shipping couples about a show that hasn't started yet is crazy.

No it's not. In fact, it's probably the best time to do it, since we don't know the facts and they can go on in many different directions that differ from the real show.

Wiseblade

No it's not. In fact, it's probably the best time to do it, since we don't know the facts and they can go on in many different directions that differ from the real show.

Must resist urge... to quote tag...

Then what's the point? I'm not a supporter of fanfiction as a general policy, but I thought the main appeal was being able to work with a firmly established universe/set of characters. When you don't even have that, but instead you're making stuff up based on character portraits, you need to re-evaluate your life choices.

Oh neat, I missed that detail. She didn't even need to touch them, that was always a limitation with Toph's metalbending in the original series.

Then what's the point? I'm not a supporter of fanfiction as a general policy, but I thought the main appeal was being able to work with a firmly established universe/set of characters. When you don't even have that, but instead you're making stuff up based on character portraits, you need to re-evaluate your life choices.

Well you have to start somewhere :p

WillyFive

Tag quote? Re-evaluate life choices?

How are you somehow offended by all of this?

The appeal is to have fun, by making your own stories in an established universe, just as you said. The universe is already established, and they have the opportunity to create their own versions of characters that are unique from the show.

If you don't find making things up to be fun, that's fine; but you shouldn't go around insulting those that do, because it makes you look like an idiot, if not a terrible person.

Wiseblade

Tag quote? Re-evaluate life choices?

How are you somehow offended by all of this?

The appeal is to have fun, by making your own stories in an established universe, just as you said. The universe is already established, and they have the opportunity to create their own versions of characters that are unique from the show.

If you don't find making things up to be fun, that's fine; but you shouldn't go around insulting those that do, because it makes you look like an idiot, if not a terrible person.

I'm not offended, and I've got nothing against people "making things up". I just think that writing fanfiction for a show before the first episode airs is counter intuitive. Although I absolutely stand firm in my belief that people drawing romantic lines in the sand before a show starts need to get their heads examined.

WillyFive

I'm not offended, and I've got nothing against people "making things up". I just think that writing fanfiction for a show before the first episode airs is counter intuitive. Although I absolutely stand firm in my belief that people drawing romantic lines in the sand before a show starts need to get their heads examined.

Not really. Fans do that because they are fans. Playing videogames, watching TV, and buying toilet paper as tissue paper is also counter intuitive, but they do it because they want to. They enjoy it. That's no cause to have their heads examined in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom