• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox.com website glitch - "The New Xbox"

This is the worst internet gif in the history of the internet.

No, this is.

ron-paul.gif

FINALBOSS

Banned
You bring up a good point.

I hope OP isn't lying. That would probably mean next gen isn't too far away.

I'm not. No reason to, lol. It's not like I'm making this grand revelation.

Yeah this is fishy.

SyoH622.png
I answered this above:

I was pasting links to try different combinations and accidentally linked that one. It was definitely not new-xbox.

I tried to edit it fast because I knew people would latch onto it ASAP and didn't want it to get blown out of proportion.

VT_Brian

Neo Member
Microsoft won't be as inept with their marketing that people won't understand this is a new, better console. If they market it as the new Xbox, and it's simply called Xbox officially, that's fine.

The only problem I can see with that is what happens if they need to do a mid-cycle refresh ala 360 slim and how they could differentiate between a refresh and a completely new system.

With the direction that they are taking the Xbox name in with regards to Xbox Music and Windows 8, I think they are setting up "Xbox" to mean entertainment oriented stuff kind of like "Playstation" on a broader scale. Then this would allow them to make an Xbox streaming device and then new Xbox console each with a distinct name to differentiate their respective capabilities.

Kusagari

Why the hell do people think this is talking about the 720?

Entertainment experience is the code word MS uses whenever they talk about 360 as a media hub.

stktt

Banned
I'm sure this has already been pointed out, but that's an image promoting Xbox Music that has been on the front page since November, not something new.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Ironically I always wanted the PS4 to be named just "PlayStation"
its not like people can get confused after all this time with the original
"Xbox" is probably a good way to go after 360, kinda hard to come up with a sequal name to 360, and 720 is dumb

LuuKyK

They really should go for the numbered sequels. Xbox 2, Second, 720, whatever. I really dont like The New Xbox. Felt the same for the New iPad.

Edit: I dont get it, whats happening?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
They're just going to call it Xbox. It's better than any Super Xbox, Xbox 2 2 , xxBox, Xbox 720, or Xbox Infinity concept that's been thrown around.

Funny how nobody is complaining about brand confusion with calling the new Xbox "Xbox", but tons of bitching and moaning about the Wii U's name.

I'm not. No reason to, lol. It's not like I'm making this grand revelation.

I answered this above:

I was pasting links to try different combinations and accidentally linked that one. It was definitely not new-xbox.

I tried to edit it fast because I knew people would latch onto it ASAP and didn't want it to get blown out of proportion.

What we stated is check your browser history. It will have the URL that showed error. That's the URL you needed to provide.

Boss Man

I remember watching ESPN a few weeks ago and they had an "XBOX" ad on the screen in the background. Immediately thought of GAF when I saw it, but figured others had seen this sort of advertisement already. It was just "XBOX" on a green background.

Top Bottom