• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Documentary on IndieGoGo

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Did a search, found nothing.

Shamelessly cribbed from Eurogamer http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-16-tony-hawks-pro-skater-documentary-in-crowdfunding

Ralph D'Amato, a producer for the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater videogames is crowdfunding a documentary on the Neversoft game series featuring a bunch of skaters and developers.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pretending-i-m-a-superman-the-tony-hawk-game-story#/

This is pretty neat and thought it would be interesting to a swathe of GAF who cut their teeth on this series. Tony Hawk and Rodney Mullen are already in the can... they're looking to raise money to finish it.

This is super exciting to me and Tony's admission that he's only 'relevant today' because of the game is kind of a cool admission - those games were fucking huge!

Kickflip to darkslide me if old or against the rules.

JordanN

Banned
I just watched a couple speedruns of the first few games. It has to be an impressive feet how they got the game running on multiple platforms and never once did it feel like they were missing gameplay. Everything just seemed to work on PS1, N64 or Dreamcast just fine.

And I got up to when the series shifted to the PS2 era platforms and they packed even more content into the games. All those open world missions in story mode.

The series really deserves a retrospective on how they produced hit after hit that defined the 2000s.

Deft Beck

I just watched a couple speedruns of the first few games. It has to be an impressive feet how they got the game running on multiple platforms and never once did it feel like they were missing gameplay.

And I got up to when the series shifted to the PS2 era platforms and they packed even more content into the games.

The series really deserves a retrospective on how they produced hit after hit that defined the 2000s.

And then 2010 and the Wii happened and the series never recovered.

Still, backed! I loved this series as a teenager.

Rellik

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1339082

klAy3y8.gif

JordanN

Banned
Oh yeah, and there was also the impressive GBA ports. It was already black magic with they did with PS1 or N64, but the GBA ports were like "this is perfect too".

You'd think "there's no way this could be done without making huge sacrifices" but the entire game was still there, on a handheld. And for all ports of them too.

LMbEBEg.png

Spy

I'm disappointed that they just don't do a straight port of the first four games with a soundtrack that combines the best songs from each game. That would sell today, wouldn't it?

I'm disappointed that they just don't do a straight port of the first four games with a soundtrack that combines the best songs from each game. That would sell today, wouldn't it?

I doubt that's possible now that Activision no longer owns the license.

I need this - the series until Project 8 are some of my favorite stuff to go back and play. I'll even admit Proving Ground could have been the basis of something seriously good if a sequel was ever made. I'll back this when I have the money.

It makes me really sad knowing that THPS5 was fucking awful. If reviews had even said it was just decent, it would have been day one for me. EA's Skate had nothing on this series at its prime.

Top Bottom