• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory is choosing between PS4 and XB1 #BOVESPA #DODONGO #BOJANGLES

My wife likes the show, so I watched this episode. That was not funny at all. The few mildly-amusing moments were all character and relationship related. "Thanks, Grandma," was the only gaming joke I laughed at.

The IT Crowd also has a heavy-handed intrusive laughtrack. I hate how nowadays shows make every joke, no matter how slight, get a belly-laugh. One of my favorite sitcom jokes ever was in an episode of Newhart. Peter Scolari was telling Bob that he'd booked the author of the Fudge and Whiskey Diet for the show and she needed to be picked up in a car with a big back seat. Hilarious joke; she's drunk and fat. Scolari delivered the line and you could see he was waiting for a laugh. Nothing but crickets, while I'm trying not to piss my pants.

HardRojo

I'm surprised at the amount of hate this show gets, I was not aware of that.
Just watched the episode and it was weak, there have been better ones this season.

Arjen

I liked how Sheldon said "Xbox One has the Kinect, but PS4 has removeable harddrives." As if that were at all comparable. Also did he not mention the price of either one at all?

That's pretty in character though, Sheldon doesn't care about the price at all.

You guys think this show is bad? Try watching this abortion:

vNJLSeU.jpg

kartu

Banned
Felt pro Microsoft.
"Oh it's big but that's not to overheat".
"Oh it's DDR3 but ESRAM totally compensates it".
"Oh, no Halo 5".
Yeah, right...

Wonder if you really got piles in PS4 in US guys. Still nowhere to find in Germany.

The IT Crowd is real life in comedy form. Coincidental that GAF help me discover the show around the same time I started in the IT world.

I wouldn't wish BBT on my worst enemy,

tmarques

vNJLSeU.jpg

I honestly can't stop watching it just to see how bad it can get. It's almost like the writers are trolling us.

Ratings must be abysmal, though, because they are doing all those things you expect from a struggling show, except faster than I've ever witnessed. Every two weeks it looks like the show is being rebooted. They'll add new characters that disappear after a couple of episodes without any explanation whatsoever only to be replaced by newer characters. Unresolved storylines are dropped for no reason. Characters' personalities change for no reason other than to accomodate an unfunny joke. A few weeks ago a couple was described as having an open marriage and the wife was friends with one of her husband's girlfriends. Literally two weeks later she was described as "insanely jealous" and wanted to stab both husband and said girlfriend (with whom she was no longer acquainted for some reason).

It's fascinating.

The IT Crowd is real life in comedy form. Coincidental that GAF help me discover the show around the same time I started in the IT world.

I wouldn't wish BBT on my worst enemy,

As much as I love The IT crow, its laugh track is even more obnoxious than The Big Bang Theory's.

Sandfox

I honestly can't stop watching it just to see how bad it can get. It's almost like the writers are trolling us.

Ratings must be abysmal, though, because they are doing all those things you expect from a struggling show, except faster than I've ever witnessed. Every two weeks it looks like the show is being rebooted. They'll add new characters that disappear after a couple of episodes without any explanation whatsoever only to be replaced by newer characters. Unresolved storylines are dropped for no reason. Characters' personalities change for no reason other than to accomodate an unfunny joke. A few weeks ago a couple was described as having an open marriage and the wife was friends with one of her husband's girlfriends. Literally two weeks later she was described as "insanely jealous" and wanted to stab both husband and said girlfriend (with whom she was no longer acquainted for some reason).

It's fascinating.

As much as I love The IT crow, its laugh track is even more obnoxious than The Big Bang Theory's.
I've never seen it, but that show actually gets really high ratings lol.

RedAssedApe

Banned

It's fascinating.

Let's hope so. How this show has made it to a third season is beyond me. Who is watching it?

demolitio

Let's hope so. How this show has made it to a third season is beyond me. Who is watching it?

People who like the cliche raunchy jokes thrown at them every 2 seconds with each episode revolving around the same topic.

Unfortunately, people like that exist apparently. With The Big Bang Theory, I can understand why some people like it, but I can't say the same about 2 Broke Girls.

Makes me sad that people watch 2 Broke Girls yet not enough people watch Brooklyn Nine Nine in my opinion. One of the funniest sitcoms on TV.

acidagfc

The PS4/X1 scenes were the worst part of the episode :/

I like the show, maybe just because I loved the first seasons, it's not as bad as many say.

Oh and 2 broke girls has really went underhill after Season 1. I'm somewhere around S3E5, and I just don't think I can endure it anymore. Despite Kate Dennings' two biggest efforts.

things like this are usually subjective, but I am forced to put my foot down, it's nice that you enjoy it but this show is not funny, its a poorly written, lazy mess that throws canned laughter at you as a thin veil to coerce you into thinking a joke has just been made.

You are forced to put your foot down on what other people find funny. Well that is interesting.

someone who considers themself a "nerd" (or however you want to define what is probably only a shred of ones personality) shouldn't find the humor funny

Holy crap this pretty much sums up why the hatred for BBT is so absurd, because so many people that dislike the show post in a manner which pretty much says this right here. "You can't find this show funny if you're into gaming or science or are a nerd/geek" is the general tone of a lot of posts.

I'm not necessarily referring to you directly, although you did state that you don't 'believe' that 'nerds' should find the show funny, but at least you did it politely. Others, however, are not so polite, and act like determination of humor is some objective thing that they can quantify (which interestingly enough reminds me of a certain Sheldon-esque attitude about life in general).

Just because someone styles himself a 'nerd', he SHOULDN'T find the show funny? It's not ALLOWED for 'nerds' to find this show funny?

Seriously guys and gals (and everything in between). Watch what you want to watch. Find humor in what you find funny, but don't belittle others for finding humor in what THEY find funny. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine man, hell that's AWESOME. Good for you. But this attitude, this attitude right here, telling others what they SHOULDN'T find funny if they want to be a *real nerd* (paraphrasing here), this is the attitude that is just beyond ridiculous with regards to this show, and it is an attitude that comes out in a lot of the 'BBT sux0rs' posts.

I absolutely cannot freaking stand that 'Dads' show though, and I won't be surprised if folks here start dog piling on hating that show if it somehow becomes more popular with the public at large. But I promise you that IF that day comes, I won't pop into every thread about Dads just to say how bad it is, or how someone else SHOULDN'T find it funny.

Wow, just... wow.

People who like the cliche raunchy jokes thrown at them every 2 seconds with each episode revolving around the same topic.

Unfortunately, people like that exist apparently. With The Big Bang Theory, I can understand why some people like it, but I can't say the same about 2 Broke Girls.

Makes me sad that people watch 2 Broke Girls yet not enough people watch Brooklyn Nine Nine in my opinion. One of the funniest sitcoms on TV.

That's a damn funny show. It's basically The Office but in a police station.

vypek

Kat Dennings' titties make up for any wrong done by that show.

Yep. Probably a big reason its on the air. The uniforms are supposed to show the girls assets. Beth Behrs is apparently liked for her legs and so they are shown prominently and Kat Dennings uniform always sports some cleavage for fan service.

I've already admitted to watching bad TV and playing bad games which I hate because I never cut them off when I should. This show still gets recorded on my DVR so I still watch it. That storyline pissed me off. I think it was only two weeks because of a week off. The episodes were back to back in the season I believe. Who the hell did the writing? Did they not see the clear contradiction? Idiots. GAF, please hope I can avoid Friends With Better Lives. Lol

Big Bang Theory played Killer Instinct this week, by the way.

Edit: Whitney Cummings has something to do with 2 Broke Girls so I am blaming her.

this show is only hated on Gaf

The show has gone downhill but it has great moments. the drunk Sheldon episode was great. lately it seems that Sheldon is goofier

vNJLSeU.jpg

For a while I thought Two and a half men or Big bang theory were the worst sort of comedy shows, but 2 Broke Girls teaches an important life lesson that it can always get worse. Though I'm trying really hard to imagine how it can go lower from there. Big bang theory is consistently unfunny, but at least it could be playing in the background and I won't hate it; 2BG is so insultingly bad I can't stomach more than 30 seconds if it's ever on.

prag16

Banned
While I think a show like Chuck did the "nerd humor" angle much better, the Big Bang Theory isn't this awful piece of shit some of you are making it out to be. It's subjective. The show is decent in my opinion and has its ups and downs.

Never seen this much hate for this show concentrated in one place. One of many instances of concentrated hatred not readily found elsewhere (e.g. Assassin's Creed 3, another "objectively bad" piece of media I'm not allowed to like").

Yes I know there's no gaf hivemind, but every now and then some topic coulda fooled me.

However I will join in on piling on Two Broke Girls. Can't understand who is watching that pile. Also the pilot of Friends With Better Lives was not very funny either, but I never judge strictly on a pilot.

In closing, Kaley Cuoco isn't that "hot" and is grossly overrated.

UncleO

Only reason i tolerate Two Broke Girls when the wife watches it is because Kat Dennings cleavage is almost alway in view. And i know she isnt a 10 knockout but damn does she have a look that gets me going.

Fuz

Banned
How is this funny? I don't get it

So... how is it funny?

Let's not perpetuate the myth that not using humour is supposed to be humourous. That makes us no better than the Big Bang Theory writers.

It makes fun of the bad jokes with even worse jokes.
It's satyre and, basically, it's so bad that it turns good.

Edit: Add me to the list of people that find 2 broke girls insultingly bad.

I'm watching BBT from time to time when I'm in the gym doing some cardio on the bike. I always thought it was your typical sitcom. Nothing special but ok. I am more saddened to hear that they didn't mention the WiiU. All hope is lost, poor Bayo 2 will flop so hard, oh boy...

I never heard of 2 Broke Girls before but it sounds interesting. I will make sure to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation, guys. :3

Top Bottom