• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I overreacting about my girlfriend?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
wltf6w5poefhwpxqgukf.jpg

Not cool.

Hex

Banned
I've been with her for almost 2 years now and me and her agree that we fit together like Mario and Peach. I've never had a relationship with someone this comfortable, open-minded and just overall respectful in every aspect. It couldn't much better. Like when Bowser kidnaps her and tries to cuck me she straight ditches him.

So now imagine you go out to the club with your friends and get really drunk. Like a little too much. You're on the dancefloor poppin' with your girl plus friends and everyone is dancing with everyone here and there. No problem if me or she dances with someone else in the group because we all know each other very well. Inbetween, one friend in my group talked to a completely unrelated dude on the floor and after a while he seemed a little interested in my girl not sure she was alread taken. Though it seemed he got the message and went off to go on dancing somewhere else - suddenly your girl goes off to that exact dude not even approaching her at all and starts dancing with him for around 20 sec. Afterwards she then grabs some other random dudes arm, dances with him with for 20sec and comes back to us and dances with me again as nothing happend. I don't know why she did that and she is too aware to not know that he was interested in her when he was dancing with us.

The bigger problem is though, that this happend in a similar fashion one month ago. Then it wasn't something to break up over as we afterwards then discussed it, told her that I didn't like it and peacefully moved on. At both instances we were pretty drunk to a point that it's too much but that it keeps happening like this doesn't work with me. Similary it seems silly to break up over something that only happens when we are too high on alcohol. But we both love to go out and party regularly.

I'm not sure how to handle this situation. Confused and generally conflicted is my first reaction.

Way over reacting, and really embarrassing yourself with the video game references.
My main question is how did the other guy "get the point"?
If something came off too heavy handed or in an over reacted way, she may have done that dancing to make a point.

FreeMufasa

Oh man, not even the first time that's happened? Rah
Doing it in front of you as well. Straight up disrespect. If that's what she does when you're about, imagine when it's girls night. Not even normal dancing, Straight up grinding 😂
If you can't handle this then you must break up with her now. But Using Nintendo and anime to further explain your point tells me you have your own issues so you'll probably keep trucking along in the relationship till it all comes crashing down

It is just dancing, man.

I am always grinding and getting dry humped by girls in the club all while I watch my girlfriend dry hump some dude and then we go home and bang and we madly in love. Trust.

And stop with the jealousy. Jealousy and lack of trust - just no future in a relationship where those two things are in the mix.

Next time she does it just go and do the same.

Why do gamers get a bad rep again?
I've been with. her for almost 2 years now and me and her agree that we fit together like Mario and Peach. I've never had a relationship with someone this comfortable, open-minded and just overall respectful in every aspect. It couldn't much better. Like when Bowser kidnaps her and tries to cuck me she straight ditches him.
...oh right.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
ike when Bowser kidnaps her and tries to cuck me she straight ditches him..
We JUST had a thread asking about why gaming is still considered uncool in 2017.. :|

Maximus.

She likes the attention? Have to talk to her and be on the same page. The action itself is harmless, but the potential intent behind it is not.

gogosox82

You are overreacting my dude. She danced with a dude for 20 seconds and then came back. Like its not a big deal.

Edit: Why are you comparing your relationship to video game characters and then randomly talked about getting cucked by Bowser? Like seriously dude? Also to add to what I said, I wouldn't have even noticed if my g/f was gone for 20 seconds but it seems like you were counting that shit down. Being that needy is annoying and she will leave you if you keep it up.

I've been with him for almost 2 years now and he says that we fit together like Mario and Peach. I've never had a relationship with someone this comfortable, open-minded and just overall respectful in every aspect. I thought it couldn't be much better, then he said that weird shit. He said something about a night at the club, he compared me dancing with a friend to “Bowser kidnapping me and trying to cuck him.”

I'm not sure how to handle this situation. Confused and generally conflicted is my first reaction.

Aselith

She danced with two people for 20 seconds each. She didn't suck their cocks for 20 seconds. She danced.

Yes you are overreacting.

Dancing is the cocksucking of nonsexual club activities though. Basically a gangbang happened right in front of him and he sat there stewing like Mario does when he gets cucked by Bowser. Stand up for yourself so you're not a Luigi

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Just to note. You really think Peach is getting kidnapped by Bowser? He spends more time with Peach than Mario does

Mr. Robot

If you dont like it then ditch her, it seems like she knows you well enough and you have had this issue before and talked it out but she did it again, so she doesnt care, or just straight up ask her if she wants to have a threesome, people tend to show their true colors while drunk...
And dont listen to people saying that it doesnt mean anything, not every relationship works the same way, some people actually have boundaries either arbitrary or specific ones, the same way some people dont mind, just as long as you dont enter in the abusive territory and keep respecting eachother.

If you can't handle your girl dancing with other people at the club, it's time to stop going to the club. OR, you need to get over this whole thing if she's all about it. Dancing is pretty innocent at the adult level. If this were the 8th grade homecoming dance, you would have a case.

You’re either going to have to get over her doing this or stop going to the club as a couple. Nothing much good comes of that anyway.

You're overreacting. Key is reciprocity. Do you think is a big deal to dance with a random girl for 20 sec ? Do you feel like it would be cheating on your gf ? You're being possessive for no reason. Only bad outcome can come out of this. There is nothing worst for an healthy relationship that you starting trying to control her. You should be with somebody because of that person, not trying to change her or making her fit in your idea of what a woman should do.

I don't do club so i have no clue, but i don't think it's a big deal in the club culture.

Wait, was she regular dancing? Or was she grinding?

It sounds like regular dancing, which is... IDK, not super comfortable, but not as terrible as grinding IMO.

And in that case... talk to her.

Rorschach

Twenty whole seconds? 40 altogether?! That's a pretty big deal. She has either already cheated on you or is thinking about it and the alcohol lets her guard down to show it. Dump her before it's too late and you are Bowser cucked!

What the fuck?

Instro

GAF I'm getting married in a month and there will be dancing. What do I do if my fiance/wife dances with someone else? What if that someone else is Ganon? For reference I am Link(with the Master Sword obviously) and she is Zelda. Thanks.

RinsFury

If you think it's ok to use toxic language like 'cuck' then maybe she is better off without you. Also, she is not your possession.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
You should definitely break up with her. She deserves better than this jealous nonsense.

She danced with two people for 20 seconds each. She didn't suck their cocks for 20 seconds. She danced.

Yes you are overreacting.

This, basically. Do you have a spoken rule of who it's okay to dance with, considering she also dances with your friends? And how drunk was she? Talk to her about it again, but it sounds like you're really overreacting.

mid83

Good lord, those video game references are a perfect reason why so many people don’t broadcast they enjoy video games. That was just, odd to read.

Yeah the whole situation seems pretty benign on her end. If it bothers you then don’t go clubbing. My gf and I don’t because that isn’t our scene anymore and it’s no big deal. Still, freaking out over 20 seconds of innocent dancing seems like there are some deeper rooted issues than just going to the club. Jealousy is a hell of a thing and something you need to get a handle on ASAP.

Rymuth

Biggest takeaway from this thread, for me, is that OP wants to enact Mario roleplay fantasies in the bedroom but has yet to realize it.

Top Bottom