• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Last Light dev: 'Wii U has horrible, slow CPU' [Up: DICE dev comments]

Malvingt2

And_here_we_go.gif

yes lol

Phazon

"We had an early look at it"

This just tells me that they didn't do a lot of effort to research this more profound.

jmood88

Nintendo's philosophy about hardware will never cease to amaze me.

I really don't understand how they could build a console that is just on par with 6 and 7 year old systems. They had to have gone out of their way to make something that weak.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Another nail in the WiiU performance coffin.

Below current gen in online functionality and social features, above gen on innovation and console features (turn your TV on with your gamepad, tablet controller, etc.,), and graphics are a mixed bag.

Some hardware components are better than the current gen, while other components lag behind.

Pretty good summary.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Will the press ask Nintendo to respond to this claim?

Jackano

So it still can run the Zelda 2011 demo but not Metro LN? I start understanding THQ's situation with those devs...

I honestly hope this system does badly so that Nintendo is forced to try a new strategy. I dealt with the Wii, but two generations in a row of horrible online and hardware cheapness? No thanks.

I really don't understand how they could build a console that is just on par with 6 and 7 year old systems. They had to have gone out of their way to make something that weak.

Even with all of the weak, low-shelf hardware in the system, they're STILL LOSING MONEY on every system they sell. It's undoubtedly that focus on the tablet controller and a low price of entry that's keeping back the hardware.

Metal B

this is funny because THQ showed Metro 2034 at Nintendo's press conference.

The main reason why i believe, there is more going on in the background. Nintendo properly didn't put the game on there showcase, if it would not be possible on the Wii U. Like others already say THQ hasn't got the resources anymore and needs to make the safe bets.

So it still can run the Zelda 2011 demo but not Metro LN? I start understanding THQ's situation with those devs...

Or--crazy thought--the Zelda 2011 demo was a pre-rendered bullshit scene with lighting triggers that made people look at it and go "WOW IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL".

I honestly hope this system does badly so that Nintendo is forced to try a new strategy. I dealt with the Wii, but two generations in a row of horrible online and hardware cheapness? No thanks.

You had two other options, you never had to "dealt" with the Wii. The other two consoles were practically twins, why would you want another one?

Averon

The recent news about Wii U's hardware makes me want to re-visit those Wii U technical threads. I'm sure there are some gems in there.

The more info that comes out, the worse it sounds. This system hasn't even caught up to the 360 or PS3 by the look of things.

I don't think anyone but the most delusional anti-Ninty guys truly thought it would be worse than 6-7 year old hardware. Slower CPU, slower RAM, it's really astounding.

Pretty idiotic on the part of Nintendo, to be honest. Yes, the low-cost, under-powered approach worked brilliantly in their favor last generation with the Wii, but after boosting consumer mindshare and awareness, coupled with the introduction of new system-selling IPs and the commercial resurgence of old ones, there was little risk in building a more powerful console. Unlike Sony and the PS3, Nintendo actually had the software potency and exclusives to back it up.

The Wii U isn't succeeding the Gamecube, a mainstream failure that justified Nintendo's concern with further pursuing the hardware race; it's succeeding a console that practically recouped whatever money or consumer confidence that Nintendo gradually lost during the course of the previous generations. And now with that momentum, they chose to release another underpowered gimmick, especially in light of Wii's slow sales during the tail end of its existence?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

2010's Metro 2033 was doing more than Nintendo's E3 Zelda tech demo. They know their graphical shit.

Top Bottom