• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

DeaDPo0L84

I'm looking at invites now. Don't know what your GT is though. Everyone on GAF is welcome. GAF gold members get bonus credits though. :)

You should. It's a great way to fill your races with fellow gaffers.

Hi there, just requested to join. For whatever reason i cant send you a pm. My gt is Deadpooljlp. Look forward to racing with fellow gaffers!

KdotIX

I jumped back into this game yesterday and had a stupid amount of fun. I noticed that I still have lots to do on it too, so I think I'm gonna make it my goal to 100% it. Also got the Porsche 959 from the Forzathon and I'm sad that I didn't get the earlier Forzathon cars, so it looks like a few trips to the auction house are in order for me!

If I come to complete all the stuff from the base game, I'll be looking to get Blizzard Mountain. From what I hear its really good?

xrnzaaas

I think it will work in a chain, going from Burnout through to Ultimate Burnout, I did it on the drive from the Desert festival to the Valley festival in the 74 Celica Drift Car to pick up the Warthog to do the Lumberjack event across the road from the Valley festival.

Did they have to be ultimate burnouts? Anyway I won't cry over a missed forzathon challenge. I don't have enough time to play the game just for the fun of it so I only focus on the challenges with Porsches as rewards. ;)

5Z9V8UW.jpg

I had managed to get about three 3 stars drift zones a few 2 star and most 1 stars, but over two nights about two hours each night I got 3 stars on each drift zones.

Been meaning to do this, finally got around to it today, 3-starred everything with ease!

zorbsie

Hi there, just requested to join. For whatever reason i cant send you a pm. My gt is Deadpooljlp. Look forward to racing with fellow gaffers!

Done.
So, this week's forzathon will give us a barn find porsche, right?
And still no news on the second expansion? Really thought we'd know by now.

LoveCake

Wow. Just searching for liveries has crashed my game three times and completely reset my Xbox twice just now.

My copy (digital on X1) when driving really fast has on occasion sort of paused for a split second ever since I had it, and a couple of times the game has frozen where I have had to press the big Xbox button on my controller to get to the main dashboard, most recently this happened when I had just pressed [YES] to auction my Toyota Supra HE, the game just froze, when I went back it all loaded up fine (as it has always done) but when I went to the 'My Auction' section it said my car was there but it wouldn't show a image of it.

It does seem to have happened when I have been playing for a long time, like four hours, I have a white 'Sunset Overdrive' edition X1 and I would go ballistic if anything happened to my save game :mad: I am getting more than slightly concerned about it especially after what happened to Don Joewon Song :/

Some of those cars are very expensive now so glad I got the 918 for free

I know! the 918 has been going for CR-7m, which is a lot the same as the Lamborghini Huracán HE, I think maybe the 918 should have been a HE then it may be worth the CR-7m.

Did they have to be ultimate burnouts? Anyway I won't cry over a missed forzathon challenge. I don't have enough time to play the game just for the fun of it so I only focus on the challenges with Porsches as rewards. ;)

It could be any 'Burnout' as far as I know, I had one chain but I am pretty sure I didn't do ten 'normal burnouts'.

Been meaning to do this, finally got around to it today, 3-starred everything with ease!

I know, it's a great tune.

Done.

Where is the Carrera GT though?

The Barn Find is the 1957 Porsche Speedster.

The 959 had better have that Paris Dakar upgrade body kit though!

Q4TRYHd.gif

Barn find starts in ten days.

Still no idea about the next expansion, I still think its going to be a proper rally one as the few rally type cars already in the game don't have proper rally upgrades like in Forza Horizon 1.

I have not played today had a bit of a rest from it for a day or so, trying to get some Horizon Zero Dawn played.

DeaDPo0L84

Done.

Thank you so much. I needed this good news after blowing a 10 lap goliath race on the last lap by smacking into a rock making me go from 1st to last on the final turn before the finish line.

I'm looking at invites now. Don't know what your GT is though. Everyone on GAF is welcome. GAF gold members get bonus credits though. :)

You should. It's a great way to fill your races with fellow gaffers.

Gamertag is Khamakhazee and I play on PC,

All GAF members are welcome to join [GAF] you have to be verified so you have to PM Zorbsie and enter your GAF and Xbox details in the spreadsheet, if you just join [GAF] or enter details on the spreadsheet and don't contact Zorbsie you won't be let in because anyone can join in Forza as it's an open group and the spreadsheet could get or have been leaked so Zorbsie doesn't know who is who otherwise, there may be a limit on the number of members set by the game I do not know, I do know that Zorbsie goes through every so often and removes members that are not active in Forza.

QUOTE TO VIEW < you have to enter your GAF and Xbox details in here.

You will also need to PM Zorbsie (you will find him above in this thread) as he will have to add you to the list of members so you don't get kicked from the club.

Thanks for the heads up.

PatzCU

Anyone have some tips for the sprint style races/championships? I seem to have a lot of trouble with these and can't ever catch the leaders. Never have too much trouble on lapped courses.

It seems to come down to the type of car I'm using or how it's tuned?

EDIT: I'm playing against 'highly skilled' AI difficulty

Anyone have some tips for the sprint style races/championships? I seem to have a lot of trouble with these and can't ever catch the leaders. Never have too much trouble on lapped courses.

It seems to come down to the type of car I'm using or how it's tuned?

EDIT: I'm playing against 'highly skilled' AI difficulty

Yeah, it's more of a car/tune question. In circuit races, if you're any good you'll be overtaking AI cars in the corners (they always brake early and never accelerate out of them as fast as they should). In sprint races you need a car with good launch, acceleration and top speed.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Just have a look in the tunes and see if Don Joewon Song has one, if not turn the car into 4WD and have stock tires (not Snow) and have them as wide as you can and have the car tuned to its lowest class but as high as possible so if it can be a B class then get it max B, I don't know how good my tunes are but I always leave the engine/power upgrades to last and have it as light as possible without a full role-cage.

Will look, thanks.

I did it on a stock version on the drift zone northwest of the festival, just use e-brake to start drifting and your set. Here's me doing it

Wow, holy shit.

EDIT: i tried your thing, rrs, and I got it after removing the AWD. 40K drift points, two achievements (the one I mentioned plus three stars at a drift zone), and I'm done with that one.

KdotIX

The best drift car is the 1974 Toyota Celica GT with Don Joewon Song tune 230+MPH C-Class, if you cannot get three stars on the Drift stages then there is something wrong.

5Z9V8UW.jpg

I had managed to get about three 3 stars drift zones a few 2 star and most 1 stars, but over two nights about two hours each night I got 3 stars on each drift zones.

I got this tune last night, my god it's a beast. It's a bit uncontrollable for me, it almost feels too sensitive to weight transfer and feels like any subtle change in direction will throw it off altogether.

I was using it on the Byron Bay Suburbs DZ, which seems like a tight and technical DZ anyway (and the traffic doesn't help!), with the vast amount of power from that car, I just couldn't keep it on the road.

I got this tune last night, my god it's a beast. It's a bit uncontrollable for me, it almost feels too sensitive to weight transfer and feels like any subtle change in direction will throw it off altogether.

I was using it on the Byron Bay Suburbs DZ, which seems like a tight and technical DZ anyway (and the traffic doesn't help!), with the vast amount of power from that car, I just couldn't keep it on the road.

I had some trouble starting out, but the key is not to mash the throttle. Just feathering it is enough to send it into a nice smooth drift.

The best drift car is the 1974 Toyota Celica GT with Don Joewon Song tune 230+MPH C-Class, if you cannot get three stars on the Drift stages then there is something wrong.

5Z9V8UW.jpg

Quoting so I can try this later.

LoveCake

This below,

I had some trouble starting out, but the key is not to mash the throttle. Just feathering it is enough to send it into a nice smooth drift.

I start not very far from the start of the drift-zone and try to enter at about 60-70mph and just hold the accelerator and feather it, also dab the front brakes or hand-brake (E-brake) to help, you need just enough spin to get the opposite lock on the steering.

I have ABS ON and Stability Control and Traction Control OFF, also NO brake assist and AUTO gearbox.

Is there a corner (Drift-zone) that you are good at, the one with your best score, just try the car on that Drift-zone and see how you get on with it.

I admit I am far from the best drifter, you just have to keep at it and once you get the feel it gets easier.

Take a look at this build on the Drift-zone I have found easiest using the DJS tune < NOT my video.

I ain't even mad. This is awesome
Forza Horizon 3 HotWheels expansion

I will try to withhold my harsh judgment for this until I get to play it but that is severely disappointing. A good reminder for me to not buy a Season Pass before I know what's in it.

Hopefully I am wrong but it just looks so.....cheesy. It just feels like a plug for Hotwheels.

Not to mention it's set in the city which a few patches ago went to chugfest on my PC. It was fine for a few patches but I avoid races in that area because of it. But that's more my problem.

AsianOni

I .... don't even know what to think about it.

EDIT: welp, the Zonda R is in! I'd buy it if I didn't already bought the Expension Pass..

xrnzaaas

What is this. :/ Last time I bought an expansion pass blindly. Going to wait for sales of individual expansions next time.

Edit: Okay less mad after watching the entire trailer. ;P

Not to mention it's set in the city which a few patches ago went to chugfest on my PC. It was fine for a few patches but I avoid races in that area because of it. But that's more my problem.

It isn't. It's a new area with several themed islands, including what seems like a city one. Hopefully the performance will be better than in Surfer's.

It isn't. It's a new area with several themed islands, including what seems like a city one. Hopefully the performance will be better than in Surfer's.

Saw that after my post. My opinion on this expansion is quickly going from wtf...to holy shit.

Especially after I saw they included the Toyota Hilux from the Top Gear Arctic special. One of my favorite episodes.

KRaZyAmmo

Erm, what the hell is that?

If this is a Hot Wheels endorsement then it should have been free and the costs covered by Hot Wheels, until I have a go at it I cannot say anything, but this isn't something I would have wanted in the slightest.

There have been a couple of Hot Wheels games out already, and they look terrible.

:/

I played the Hotwheels Xtreme Racing game during the PS1. Don't know why but I enjoyed it a lot as a kid.
13964_front.jpg

LoveCake

I played the Hotwheels Xtreme Racing game during the PS1. Don't know why but I enjoyed it a lot as a kid.
13964_front.jpg

I would have much preferred something along the lines of a full rally expansion like in the original Forza Horizon game, even the Gymkhana expansion some have mentioned I would have been more interested in.

The seems to be to be way too branded and should have been outside the expansion, like the Porsche DLC was.

I know Forza Horizon games are not hyper realistic, but this seems to be a step too far really, jumping in my Pagani Zonda R and heading off to the islands in the sky to drive upside down on plastic tracks, hmmm.

HO2E6Io.gif

I do hope I am wrong on this though.

The members on the official site are going crazy about this expansion, half are jumping up and down with excitement and the other half are jumping up and down on their Xboxes.

KRaZyAmmo

I would have much preferred something along the lines of a full rally expansion like in the original Forza Horizon game, even the Gymkhana expansion some have mentioned I would have been more interested in.

The seems to be to be way too branded and should have been outside the expansion, like the Porsche DLC was.

I know Forza Horizon games are not hyper realistic, but this seems to be a step too far really, jumping in my Pagani Zonda R and heading off to the islands in the sky to drive upside down on plastic tracks, hmmm.

HO2E6Io.gif

I do hope I am wrong on this though.

The members on the official site are going crazy about this expansion, half are jumping up and down with excitement and the other half are jumping up and down on their Xboxes.

Well it was very left field of them to do this. I guess Mattel and Hotwheels been doing a lot of business deals lately with Hotwheels being in Rocket League and NFS No Limits (who cares about this fucking mobile game anyway).

I get where you're coming from, but let's be honest: any pretense Horizon had about being even remotely serious was dropped long ago.

This is a game that lets you turn every other car into a AWD twin-turbo V12 nuttermobile that can do 300 mph any which way, survive thousand-foot cliff dives and do a barrel roll for good measure.

Cars here aren't the least bit constrained by reality; Horizon is the digital equivalent of playing with toy cars, (all the better for not having to lose them to the abyss that exists between couch cushions), so this expansion couldn't be more fitting.

Playground has yet to skip a beat and I couldn't be happier about the direction they went here.

Fox Mulder

The sim realistic crowd will get FM7 this year. It's funny seeing people shit themselves over this.

horizon 3 could really use a crazy fun expansion for online. There's three playground games events and drag racing since launch. Blizzard Mountain was great, but didnt stick around long at all for online stuff.

I'm just excited that I get to drive a Tacoma...That and I was a huge Hot Wheel head when I was pre-kindergarten and when I saw some of the pictures of the course, I was legitimately excited. My xbone will get some love soon.

I get where you're coming from, but let's be honest: any pretense Horizon had about being even remotely serious was dropped long ago.

This is a game that lets you turn every other car into a AWD twin-turbo V12 nuttermobile that can do 300 mph any which way, survive thousand-foot cliff dives and do a barrel roll for good measure.

Cars here aren't the least bit constrained by reality; Horizon is the digital equivalent of playing with toy cars, (all the better for not having to lose them to the abyss that exists between couch cushions), so this expansion couldn't be more fitting.

Playground has yet to skip a beat and I couldn't be happier about the direction they went here.

100%. Horizon is the crazy, Motorsport the srs bznss. This makes perfect sense to me, and meets the 'diversity' we demand of companies like MS.

Top Bottom