• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

Having progressed further with the teacher's slink, even if you don't romance her it gets rather weird--and kinda funny--you start out paying her to do your laundry and stuff and
soon she's making lockpicks and flashbangs for you for free in your room in her maid clothes. She's a servant you don't need to pay.

And also how she actively fucks up her colleagues' lectures just so the protagonist can have more free time in class. She's just a terrible teacher all around.

I really want her to react to that, like she's all
"I'll help you with homework and cleaning up" and you go "Alright, make these lockpicks and gas bombs" Gives you a look like "...the fuck are you doing?"

Cornbread78

Well it filled the OTs because it's easy to just kinda post your one line or random waifu impressions amongst all the other stuff you or others post but with a thread completely dedicated to waifu-ing and husbando-ing we kinda have to dedicate a little more time and insight into posts than "Teacher got some sweet cans, wanna squeeze em"

I'm not sure how I missed this post earlier, but LMAO.

Zafir

Having progressed further with the teacher's slink, even if you don't romance her it gets rather weird--and kinda funny--you start out paying her to do your laundry and stuff and
soon she's making lockpicks and flashbangs for you for free in your room in her maid clothes. She's a servant you don't need to pay.

And also how she actively fucks up her colleagues' lectures just so the protagonist can have more free time in class. She's just a terrible teacher all around.

Yep, She's ruining all the other students education by taking the teachers out for your break sessions. Which is laughable considering the subject of her story, lol.

I haven't been formally introduced to makoto, but I never got the appeal when she was initially introduced, futaba is more my style.

Dresden

won't go into it but actually starting her storyline and seeing how she develops through that arc completely locked off that route for me

I just can't imagine it

I was gonna originally going to romance Ann until I saw Hifumi and Makoto. Everything about Hifumi screams best girl but Makoto has that student council aura that makes me want her too 🤔

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda thought Haru would be cool cause I love her costume and the Persona design but she's just so boring. I expected her to be a large ham due to the whole "beauty thief" thing but even that gets dropped. She's just a... nice person. Doesn't feel like a rebel at all. All the other late joining Persona cast members like Aigis and Naoto work cause they immediately change the dynamic of the group and the direction of the plot. Haru feels along for the ride.

Halfway into her SL and she's certainly a more realistic depiction of an heiress than Mitsuru but she almost feels like a side SL character.

In summary Haru is worst waifu.

Not substantially introducing her earlier was a mistake. With Naoto, at least you got a sense of who she was before she joined the team, but with Haru, you see her in a cut scene once, and you see her on the box so you know she'll show up eventually, but they she just makes no impact.

I kept wanting the option of being able to say "I'm sorry, who are you again?" whenever she would speak up in group scenes.

Still unsure who to waifu. Anne seems too much like a bro, and even though Makoto is surprisingly cute in her early link events, she decides to gate me behind a Charm check. Same with Takemi.

Futaba just joined, so hopefully she won't block me behind a stat check.

Philippo

I'm already claiming the teacher as waifu but i'm still at the 2nd Palace, when does she unlock? Is it worthy bonus wise? Hard to max?

mollipen

I can't wait for those of you who are all into Ann and Makoto to finally meet Haru.

Haru is like vanilla ice cream served to you in a dish. There's something nicely classic and comforting about it, but it's also just a little too boring and bland.

I don't see anything attractive about makato, her looks and personality are just bland to me. Def not a girl I would date in real life lol

See, I'd 100% go for the Makoto type in real life. She's smart and can take charge, yet she's got this wonderfully innocent and dorky side to her sometimes. Plus, she loves manga.

It's not about who you'd date. It's about who MC would date.

I'm not sure how anyone could ever say this. Persona MCs are created to be self-inserts, so the games want it to be about who you are the most attracted to. And, I can't say I've ever seen a game with dating elements where my decision on who to pair my character up on weren't to some level about my own preferences. I mean, I can't even think about how you'd push aside your own biases in that regard.

Makoto is the secret leader which I can appreciate after witnessing the yu narukami cult in persona 4.

I was really surprised by the position the game puts Makoto into in that regard, and I swear part of me is certain the devs wanted her to be the "main" girlfriend. The game really seems to set up reason for MC and Makoto pairing up on multiple levels.

Dresden

I was really surprised by the position the game puts Makoto into in that regard, and I swear part of me is certain the devs wanted her to be the "main" girlfriend. The game really seems to set up reason for MC and Makoto pairing up on multiple levels.

priestess arcana finally getting a real lead

Makoto or Hifumi it is.

But crap, I kinda messed up with my planning. Makoto is at 6, Hifumi at 5 and I'm at 9/20. Should be enough time to max them both.

Choosing who to romance was way more easy in P4G

HMD

Makoto or Hifumi it is.

But crap, I kinda messed up with my planning. Makoto is at 6, Hifumi at 5 and I'm at 9/20. Should be enough time to max them both.

I'm the same as you, date and everything. I think we have until March according to the Calendar so yeah, we have plenty of time. (If I'm wrong don't give me a time-frame just tell me I'm wrong please.)

I'm the same as you, date and everything. I think we have until March according to the Calendar so yeah, we have plenty of time. (If I'm wrong don't give me a time-frame just tell me I'm wrong please.)

I thought so too but I learned today that is not correct :-\

HMD

I thought so too but I learned today that is not correct :-\

What the fuck we don't have a lot of time to max out anything then... I have been spending 90% of my time with confidants and I only have 1 max S-link what more can I do? I finished most dungeons in a single day too... I think I'll have to follow a guide to max out all s-links in a single playthrough.

What the fuck we don't have a lot of time to max out anything then... I have been spending 90% of my time with confidants and I only have 1 max S-link what more can I do? I finished most dungeons in a single day too... I think I'll have to follow a guide to max out all s-links in a single playthrough.

Not able to max them all but a good majority. I got max stats and probably 11 max social links including all the party members. I think having the equivalent persona helps a lot. New game plus is going to be ridiculously easy to max rank them all.

Makoto or Hifumi it is.

Persona 4G had lot of social links that just made the option wrong such as drama girl and bore queen yukiko. I can't call anyone out on their pick this time around. I'm team makoto simply because she's got the best gimmick and actually gets shit done. Haru and Anne are good but they rarely take the lead.

Not able to max them all but a good majority. I got max stats and probably 11 max social links including all the party members. I think having the equivalent persona helps a lot. New game plus is going to be ridiculously easy to max rank them all.

Leveling social links is faster in NG+?

Persona 4G had lot of social links that just made the option wrong such as drama girl and bore queen yukiko. I can't call anyone out on their pick this time around. I'm team makoto simply because she's got the best gimmick and actually gets shit done. Haru and Anne are good but they rarely take the lead.

So true, there are no bad options this time imo.

None of the persona games with S-links have enough slack that you're likely to rank 10 all S-Links on a NG without a guide unless you're psychic (I remember being unable to both beat the bonus boss and get Mitsuru's ultimate weapon in P3P even with a guide because I couldn't get enough of a certain fusion spell in time and an error in the original P4 guide that required some rescheduling at the end or I would have missed a Rank 10 due to availability issues).

Its much easier on NG+ since you'll probably have maxed social stats and money coming out of your ear drums.

mollipen

This is the expectation that has screwed many a Persona fan coming into P5 (myself included).

bore queen yukiko

whiguyblink.gif

loki 16

The social links are good but not great. I enjoyed P4 social links more. (maybe because P4 is was my first persona game) Hifumi is the best.

Raxus

Is there any way to level Mishima or does he really lock that early on? I have been debating starting from the beginning again if I am missing some crucial social link stuff. Ryugi seems to be stuck looking for someone at a bat or something.

Dresden

Is there any way to level Mishima or does he really lock that early on? I have been debating starting from the beginning again if I am missing some crucial social link stuff. Ryugi seems to be stuck looking for someone at a bat or something.

gotta do memento requests to advance mishima

I kind of expected Strength to be an easier one to deal with, but
I'm missing one persona for the fusion, Andras, that is found in mementos or the first palace. Can't find it, and I'm worried that if I do, I'll kill it right away before I can negotiate with it.

I'm not sure if that's spoiler tag worthy, so I'm erring on the side of caution.

Saprol

won't go into it but actually starting her storyline and seeing how she develops through that arc completely locked off that route for me

I just can't imagine it

I was super into Futaba based on her storyline introduction, that seen in the closet and all that. Then I started social linking with her and I'm only rank 4 so far but man all the "I talked about real life as if it was a video game tee hee" bs is starting to make me think I'll go with someone else after all.

I've gone 3 ranks so far and i don't feel right hitting on someone who so far is strongly dependent on you and the crew to help her overcome her stunted socialization. Like it's some weird abuse of power telling her this is how a relationship works. 👀

"well I would want to date makoto, but I don't know I think this character has got it bad, so bad, so bad. He's hot for teacher"
I see this is the convenient way to deny our personal kinks. Project them out to the MC.

I kind of expected Strength to be an easier one to deal with, but
I'm missing one persona for the fusion, Andras, that is found in mementos or the first palace. Can't find it, and I'm worried that if I do, I'll kill it right away before I can negotiate with it.

I'm not sure if that's spoiler tag worthy, so I'm erring on the side of caution.
Got a decent chance of running into one within the final 1/3 of the 1st palace.

Qurupeke

After seeing all the Confidants, I can say that Makoto is the definitive choice. The pre Palace 4 stuff sealed the deal for me.

Also, I really can't go after Becky. The whole affair seems totally immoral and despite her story, she is essentially a gold digger...

Dresden

I see this is the convenient way to deny our personal kinks. Project them out to the MC.

P5Hero would definitely be into Tae Takemi.

That's (sort of) a relief. First playthroughs kinda stinks since I always feel I am playing catch up on relationships due to stat requirements.

Moon advances very fast at least, and doesn't seem to require any groundwork with matching arcana or answering the right way. Just do requests--I do them when there's like four waiting to be fulfilled--and his thirsty demeanor takes care of the rest.

Top Bottom