• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJA Press Conference 2013 live stream links

Guys, I actually believe there was a window to do an FF7 remake towards the start of the last generation. Now that Square is basically focusing so much on mobile, I think we won't ever get the game we dreamed about. Maybe in like 10-15 years when mobile phones make Xbone and PS4 look like crapola or something. It pains me everyday!

seeing how Square Enix is doing lately I'd just give up hope in trying to even get this remakes from them... its better to have your game still as a glorious masterpiece in your mind then to have the current Square Enix degrade it... god knows how bad/incomplete it might be heck it might even be a mobile game

Am I the only person who never for one second believed that an FFVII remake was going to happen? Always seemed like a pipe dream at best to me, therefore I never concerned myself with it. Sucks for everyone that ever thought it was a remote possibility.

cebri.one

People do really want a FFVII remake? Remember what happened to MGS? Please don't, the game is fine as it is. Buy a Vita and get it on the store, you won't regret it.

Am I the only person who never for one second believed that an FFVII remake was going to happen? Always seemed like a pipe dream at best to me, therefore I never concerned myself with it. Sucks for everyone that ever thought it was a remote possibility.
It would have been easy money for square... Cant understand why they didn't do it personally. They remade almost every ff from 1 to 6..

ReMaKe

Not trying to get my hopes up.
However, how realistic is it to get a Demon Souls 2, Ni No Kuni 2 , The Last Guardian, or FF VI/VII/VIII remake announcement?
If they were to announce one, which has a higher chance of being announced?

It would have been easy money for square... Cant understand why they didn't do it personally. They remade almost every ff from 1 to 6..

Still waiting on true remakes for V and VI on 3DS/Vita. I would assume those would be more realistic than a full blown VII console remake that most of the fanbase wants.

Squire

Banned

Scale, mainly.

SE has said it's fair share of dumb things like "HD towns are hard" and what have you, but remaking FFVII really isn't something you just decide to do on a dime and it isn't comparable to what they've done with 1-6 or even what's happening with X and X-2 now. Because of the era it released it would need to remade from scratch.

Soriku

Not trying to get my hopes up.
However, how realistic is it to get a Demon Souls 2, Ni No Kuni 2 , The Last Guardian, or FF VI/VII/VIII remake announcement?
If they were to announce one, which has a higher chance of being announced?

At this event? 0% for all save maybe Demon's Souls 2 (or whatever) but it's more likely to be announced at TGS or another time/event.

Level 5 has a PS4 game but it's highly unlikely to be NNK2 (or Dark Cloud 3 :/), TLG seems like an E3 2014 event based off of insider's comments, and FF remakes shouldn't even be a consideration.

Scale, mainly.

SE has said it's fair share of dumb things like "HD towns are hard" and what have you, but remaking FFVII really isn't something you just decide to do on a dime and it isn't comparable to what they've done with 1-6 or even what's happening with X and X-2 now. Because of the era it released it would need to remade from scratch.

I know it would take time. but it would have been more successfull than games like FFX-2 and the Advent Children movie. What i mean is that a remke FFVII would sell more then even a new FF.. And they already have the story, characters and all that. I know it would take a long time like FFXV but it would cost less.. and would probably generate more money. After XIII i'm not even sure im gonna try XV but i would buy a FFVII remake out of nostalgia

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Low expectations but they did say release date. I'm thinking about staying up but that's at least 2am here.

Hung_real

kinda unrelated but why is yosp so adorable ?

r5csROm.png

Dragon

Banned
I know it would take time. but it would have been more successfull than games like FFX-2 and the Advent Children movie. What i mean is that a remke FFVII would sell more then even a new FF.. And they already have the story, characters and all that. I know it would take a long time like FFXV but it would cost less.. and would probably generate more money. After XIII i'm not even sure im gonna try XV but i would buy a FFVII remake out of nostalgia

FF7 cost over 40 million dollars in what 1996? You're underestimating it majorly.

Yes but what does S-E do now that makes any sense? They're giving us three FFXIII games that hardly anyone asked for (I'll take them myself, I liked the first two, but I'm not in the majority) and are saying that they're not doing Type-0 because of marketing? I wonder what told them that everyone wanted three FFXIII games.

Still waiting on true remakes for V and VI on 3DS/Vita. I would assume those would be more realistic than a full blown VII console remake that most of the fanbase wants.

V...yeah... I can see that. It's like giving a hobo a few grand to pull his life together.

VI? On 3DS? That's like taking your beautiful daughter (who is now within drinking age) and whoring her out to horny high school kids.

She's beautiful. She's got a lot to offer.
Introduce her to a doctor (PS4). Not some pimple-faced little shitheel that will touch her with sticky hands (3DS). She deserves better, goddamnit.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
V...yeah... I can see that. It's like giving a hobo a few grand to pull his life together.

VI? On 3DS? That's like taking your beautiful daughter (who is now within drinking age) and whoring her out to horny high school kids.

She's beautiful. She's got a lot to offer.
Introduce her to a doctor (PS4). Not some pimple-faced little shitheel that will touch her with sticky hands (3DS). She deserves better, goddamnit.

Maybe it's living in Japan, but playing RPGs on portables is way way better than playing on a home console.

What I want to see: One last, big firework before launch.

What I expect: A neat show for Japanese people, an average show for Europeans like me.

Please make it otherwise, Sony!

since I'm pretty sure Gaf is gonna crash during the livestream just like E3 and Gamescom, is there any other place gaf can talk about the press conf? irc chat or something like that?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
since I'm pretty sure Gaf is gonna crash during the livestream just like E3 and Gamescom, is there any other place gaf can talk about the press conf? irc chat or something like that?
Lots of GAF might be asleep. At least in the US. It will be 11pm PST for the west coast though so staying up till 2 might be tough for me. Debating on taking a short nap.

stryke

There is an irc but it was pretty quiet for gamescom. I doubt anymore would give a shit regarding a japanese conference.

salromano

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/08/sce-japan-press-conference-2013-livestream/

PlayStation Blog said:
This morning in Tokyo (starting at 11:00pm tonight, Pacific Time), Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia is holding a press conference to make some announcements of interest to Japanese gamers. The presentation is tailored specifically for the Japan and Asian regions, and much of the news here will not necessarily be relevant for North American gamers. Nonetheless, we’re happy to host a livestream of the event here in case you wanted a glimpse into what’s next for PlayStation fans in the East.

Welp.

Top Bottom