• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Small new Mass Effect: Andromeda details

KAmbtOG.gif

[This Hype, It's intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it]

But srsly this is sounding more awesome every minute. Yay for more Krogans! I hope we get a Turian squadmate too, though my money's on a female because Bioware..

(Also.. wouldn't the Krogan basically be essentially the last of his kind? I mean, the Genophage wouldn't have been cured at that point..)

Its a weird thing to think about but I am wondering how they are going to retrofit the ship between games to shake the setting up like they did with the Normandy/

Obviously you are not going to be going back to earth between games for a new coat of paint.

danthefan

I just hate how it will probably be focused on just human survival. The humans are the least interesting of all the species in Mass Effect. It would also seem really weird having a big party of numerous species looking for a home for humans.

You're extrapolating from a rumour. We have no idea what the story is going to be or what it's going to focus on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Predicting the ending now - the new human home planet comes in three colors, Red (Mars), Blue (Earth), Venus (Green).

Akai__

All these details sound pretty cool.

New ship is an entirely new design plus new layout from the Normandy. Has a balcony to observe lower levels, and see stuff like the Mako, and a "Pathfinder's quarters".

This is pretty interesting. The ME2 Normandy is probably my favourite ship design. Interior especially, since it just made sense. They kinda ruined it with ME3 and Normandy's layout there. It also didn't help that you had to go through a Scanner every time you wanted to access the War Room. That was so annoying.

I wonder if they can top the design. Maybe even let us configure it a little bit, like colors? Would be pretty awesome.

You're extrapolating from a rumour. We have no idea what the story is going to be or what it's going to focus on.
Hence the word "probably". I never said that's exactly what will happen. I'm just scared if they do go that way it will be disappointing.

Why? Does every RPG have to have a big bad and a Jesus mc?
Well the whole idea of one man leading an expedition to Andromeda to find a new home is a Jesus MC. There's also a possibility that the Remnant or the Khet are the big bads. It's pretty much guaranteed there will be a trilogy spanning big bad.

Its a weird thing to think about but I am wondering how they are going to retrofit the ship between games to shake the setting up like they did with the Normandy/

Obviously you are not going to be going back to earth between games for a new coat of paint.

Part of the mission goal for the game is establishing a new homeworld for the fleeing species of our galaxy... maybe they could set up a shipyard on whatever planet that ends up being.

Well the whole idea of one man leading an expedition to Andromeda to find a new home is a Jesus MC.

That's more Moses than Jesus.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I get the feeling ME andromida will be less Jesus MC and more Manifest Destiny "fuck you we are the most important thing in this galaxy now".
Honestly I still don't know if human beings would be considered the shitheels of the galaxy or the saviors of the galaxy after ME3. lol
I suppose they softened the ending with the new endings, but it is still kind of absurd.

Dank meme
The Dankest.

I didn't realise how much I missed Mass Efect until I saw this topic. Definitely in my top 3 most anticipated games of 2016...if it doesn't get delayed. Take as much time as you need Bioware.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I didn't realise how much I missed Mass Efect until I saw this topic. Definitely in my top 3 most anticipated games of 2016...if it doesn't get delayed. Take as much time as you need Bioware.
I guess Halo 4 guy is out, so it's back to Mac Walters again? Or am I mixing things up. Either way, with the guy responsible for ME3 in charge I can't make myself be excited even if I wanted to be.

Replicant

Can I import and improve upon my previous character design so I don't have to do it again from scratch? It would be nice feature to have.

I guess Halo 4 guy is out, so it's back to Mac Walters again? Or am I mixing things up. Either way, with the guy responsible for ME3 in charge I can't make myself be excited even if I wanted to be.

I have no idea who is involved with this project, but Mass Effect 3 was 9.5 out of 10 for me(especially with the DLC factored in) even with the shitty endings.

"Strike missions" sounds like those annoying "click this to deploy your forces for _______ real world mins to get resources" missions*

*...which you can also pay microtransactions to speed up, of course.

Auctopus

I like the narrative set-up that your end task is to find a home for a humanity.

But why do I feel like when you find the goldilocks planet, there'll be an evil force ruling it which you have to defeat before humanity can move in.

Yeul

I can't wait to see the new character models and the customization. I'm imagining the lighting looking really nice too (neon lights, glowing stuff, etc.). Regardless, it's more Mass Effect which I'll definitely play.

I hope the "Strike" missions aren't similar to the missions in Da:Inquisition where you send them to complete missions in real time and wait to get rather small rewards.

Just give me a nice mix of RPG elements, exploration without hand holding, choices of where to go and what to do and have a lot of talking options.

We will most likely get a ME3 style multiplayer so expect to play as other races there, hopefully.

J_Viper

I'll take any slice of info I can. Even after DAI, this is still my most anticipated release.

Really hope characters in the game don't refer to the protag as "Pathfinder" though. I figured Bioware would add in static names already.

Top Bottom