• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can buy Too Human for a fiver. Yes/No?

Stand and be counted

Results are only viewable after voting.

BAW

Banned
Used copy. I am partly tempted by a morbid curiosity to see how this game plays after all, which is not all bad from what I hear, but also because all copies were supposed to have been recalled & destroyed following a court order. That would surely make this game pretty rare in the future, no? If I don't play it now, I may never play it. Ever.

Opinions?

Ubersnug

It's £5 for a game no longer in print, so could be classed as a collectors item now. Plus, despite it's issues, it was a decent game.

Go for it

Anteater

Never played it, but if you're curious why not, especially if the series is dead and they might not re-release it in the future

z0m3le

Banned
Honestly, it wasn't worth the 5 minutes I put into playing it.

The only game I ever bought and returned the same day. The combat is so unsatisfying, the story starts off completely uninteresting and from what I've heard it doesn't get better, not to mention it was originally a trilogy so it will leave you with no real conclusion to whatever story it does weave. Go download soul reaver instead.

It's a bad game. Depends how much you value £5 and whether you wouldn't feel more benefit burning it or tearing it up or just throwing it in the trash instead I guess.

GametimeUK

The game isn't worth paying £5 for from what I've heard. The impulse buyer in me would probably pick it up if I seen it in the shop, though.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's £5 for a game no longer in print, so could be classed as a collectors item now.
Like all the other physical games from a decade ago that are not in print are "collectors items"? :p

So it was banned from sale, long after it was a relevant game? It doesn't matter. It's just a cheap, common game, same as the rest.

£5 is overpriced, you can pick it up for as little as £1 if you shop around. Nobody wants it for a reason, it's not even funny bad. As for the recalled and destroyed, I'm not convinced that even happened as it had long been out of print and that order didn't extend to used copies.

Belker

Yes.

The camera is annoying, but one gets used to it. The death animation is annoying, but I don't think I died often enough for it to outweigh the enjoyment from the game.

It's got some interesting systems and when the combat clicks, flowing from bad guy to bad guy is pleasing.

The most annoying thing about the game is the t it could have been better. It left me wanting a sequel - and I bought it years after release.

I even got the Prima guide, to find understand then references.

I had great fun with it coop when I played,though the chap I was playing with didnt stick with it.

If you enjoy hack and slash in a techno-Norse mythology setting give it a go. I liked the game a lot and while it was far from perfect I don't think you can go wrong for a fiver.

I still think this is an N64 game whenever I hear people talk about it. Crazy that it got pushed back so much, not so crazy it didn't turn out so well.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
£5 is overpriced, you can pick it up for as little as £1 if you shop around. Nobody wants it for a reason, it's not even funny bad. As for the recalled and destroyed, I'm not convinced that even happened as it had long been out of print and that order didn't extend to used copies.

If Gamestop were prevented from buying and re-selling Too Human used copies, I'd actually be impressed.

But even if so (and I doubt if so), it still wouldn't make the game rare in the slightest.

Shifty

An overpriced coffee with extra shots, whipped cream and marshmallows would probably cost a similar amount, and would definitely enrich your life more than Too Human.

Z3M0G

Much like The Order 1886, i say do it just because these games are notable parts of the console's history.

Edit: how can there be no direct thread about the court order?

Top Bottom