• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

You guys keep forgetting about Monster Hunter. They gotta put up more Capcom characters already.

Maybe in August they will go ham with the Capcom side and SDCC will finish off with the Marvel characters.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I hope they keep the Marvel and Capcom reveals even. It seems weird to save Spidey for Comicon and not during the release of Homecoming (since they're relativity close), but sure, fine, bring him on. Venom does seem like a good follow-up to the not-so-bloody energy that Jedah has in his animations now, too.

I hope we see more Jedah and Gunmora gameplay at SDCC, too. Character walkthroughs for both would be asking too much... (<_<)

Solidifying the teasing of the DLC characters would be good, too. Go the SFV route and place silhouettes for each of them, or just show us a pic of number 3.

Also, I keep wondering if the Pre-order / Special editions costume DLC could be sweetened by having something new to go with a reveal character. Such as Spider-Man getting a Homecoming variant added once he's revealed, or Anti-Venom for Venom, It could give an additional kick to pre-orders / day-1 purchases. .

Are you sure? I guess we will see about him.

Asura is someone I wanted since MVC3. I'd happily take this L if he were in. Happily.

Jaw, it's really hard to tell.

Sigma and Black Panther are DLC. After that, you have Grandmaster Meio and Winter Soldier as potential DLC. Everyone else seems like base roster material.

Jawmuncher

Capcom
Sigma

Marvel
Black Panther
Winter Soldier???
Ant-Man???

So is this right? We're missing 3 more DLC characters? Since the rest from the Zip leak are returnees and ant-man while we've heard back that he is in. Hasn't had an inkling of appearing, so he could be DLC.
Since Grand Master having already been shown seems like a character they'd have just revealed as being in the game playable already even if it was DLC. Not like he's a big fan favorite worth hiding the fact that he's playable.

The king is coming to crawl up yall asses

...that came out wrong &#128375;&#65039;&#128375;&#65039;&#128376;&#65039;&#128375;&#65039;&#128375;&#65039;

Betting on Parker and Venom

Ryce

This is just speculation, but the way the select screen is set up makes me think there will be 34 characters on the base roster (along with two random select boxes). Adding Hunter, Grandmaster Meio, Frank West, Haggar, Nemesis, Firebrand, Winter Soldier, Spider-Man, Venom, Ghost Rider, and Dormammu to the already revealed roster gives us 34 characters.

Since Grand Master having already been shown seems like a character they'd have just revealed as being in the game playable already even if it was DLC. Not like he's a big fan favorite worth hiding the fact that he's playable.
M.O.D.O.K. was briefly shown in an MvC3 cinematic trailer a month before he was revealed. It's not the same as blatantly showing Meio, but I wouldn't discount him from being playable just yet. Capcom can be unpredictable sometimes.

Neonep

I would be genuinely surprised if he never made it as DLC, like I was already dumbfounded that he wasn't base roster.

It is kinda crazy that there are only 2 Street Fighter characters. Same could be said for only 1 character from Devil May Cry.

Neoxon

This is just speculation, but the way the select screen is set up makes me think there will be 34 characters on the base roster (along with two random select boxes). Adding Hunter, Grandmaster Meio, Frank West, Haggar, Nemesis, Firebrand, Winter Soldier, Spider-Man, Venom, Ghost Rider, and Dormammu to the already revealed roster gives us 34 characters.

M.O.D.O.K. was briefly shown in an MvC3 cinematic trailer a month before he was revealed. It’s not the same as blatantly showing Meio, but I wouldn’t discount him from being playable just yet. Capcom can be unpredictable sometimes.
I'd probably swap Winter Soldier for Ant-Man.

JeTmAn81

It is kinda crazy that there are only 2 Street Fighter characters. Same could be said for only 1 character from Devil May Cry.

I'd like to see at least four. Akuma and an SFV representative (Rashid is probably the best option). I wouldn't mind Viper in this game either, I feel she established herself as a great Marvel character in 3.

Jawmuncher

So going with what Ryce said this is potentially our base starting roster. I put Grand Master and Winter Solider/Ant-Man to the side since it's uncertain if they could be DLC or not. Since the roster is even with or without them as being that. (Not gonna include any for certain DLC characters). I guess there is always the chance that capcom fucks us over since any newcomer not revealed yet could potentially be DLC. Though i'd think with their first DLC pack they'd want to go really big on the characters that appear there.

rpsternko1u.png

Ryce

The roster looks so anemic with just three newcomers per side that I can only hope Meio and Winter Soldier/Ant-Man make the base roster.

Jawmuncher

The roster looks so anemic with just three newcomers per side that I can only hope Meio and Winter Soldier/Ant-Man make the base roster.

Yeah it's not the worst thing ever. But with or without the two extra character it's missing some spice from both sides.

tribal24

Banned
i think monster hunter is going to be presented as female with male costume as her alt. Capcom usually has more females on the roster then marvel. we will see though.

Jawmuncher

i think monster hunter is going to be presented as female with male costume as her alt. Capcom usually has more females on the roster then marvel. we will see though.

This is what i'm hoping, but it remains to be seen if there is some sort of parity rule going on.
As for the Alt, I think that'll depend on if the character is silent or not. Since if they're in the main story and talking, I don't think they'd do a Alt Costume since it'd need a new VA as well. Who knows though.

reveal not reveals

Could just be funky wording. Revealing a new story trailer is just one thing, but said trailer could have numerous characters in it again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I guess the real question is, do they reveal the rest of the cast on Thursday/Friday or still leave some for later like Gamescom.

Neonep

One of the 3 newcomers on the Capcom side is DLC. So by your accounts it's only a total of 5 new characters in the roster so far out of the 23 revealed characters. Dormammu, Firebrand, & Spider-Man are guaranteed so that is 5 out of 26.

kirblar

If we have already seen a character, they're likely not DLC. Either unplayable boss or base roster. BP and Sigma were both clarified as DLC immediately on their reveal.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I guess the real question is, do they reveal the rest of the cast on Thursday/Friday or still leave some for later like Gamescom.

We might get 7 characters this week then 6 characters next month. However, I think we might see Marvel DLC or/and Newcomer being announced at Marvel panel, awhile Capcom DLC or/and Newcomer being announced at Capcom's MVCI panel.

I'm more curious about which character is going to become DLC, and I still strongly believe that Meio isn't going to become a playable character. I would be okay If I'm wrong on this matters.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Best case scenario is that BP/Sigma are the only characters featured in the story mode that aren't base or unplayable (i.e. Dahren/Meio). Being charged for any more characters you've seen in some form or another in the base game for DLC would really hurt the 2017 Character Pass.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Also I would like to point out that I think they are going to announce new mode(s) and contents for Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite at Capcom's MVCI panel. I hope so but it's entirely possible that they are going to wait until next month for that.

2 new characters on each side that were all female would make a world of difference for this launch roster, man. In addiction to this.

She-Hulk and Nina (from BOF)

JAXXX

Newcomers i feel the same about female characters.
I guess DLC is the answer that Capcom is planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom