• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot sweet tea had caffeine and couldn't really go to sleep until 5 because of it (and the nap that made me sleep through jack).

I couldn't fall asleep until at least 7 for whatever reason. And I'm on the west coast...

Last Wednesday I looked into the Bang Zoom dub of Super...only to figure that I don't like it all that much! But hey, at least Beerus has Kars's voice (my [former?] college's [again, former!?!] theater arts instructor who I haven't yet met. And even then, his delivery is sadly quite lacking there), and Bulma has Lisa Lisa's (which is also incidentally her old Harmony Gold Dragon Ball dub voice). And plus, they air 2 episodes every weekend. As of now, they are up to episode 10.

Edit: Oh...uh, this is kinda the reason I brought that up - Goku has Kenshiro's voice

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This is a good example of why I kinda wish we still had a hate watch show. All of the block is too good now and even the sub-par shows aren't hate watch worthy... just boring.
I actually was thinking to myself just how fun of a group watch Jojo has become just because of all the insane stuff that happens & then thought to myself "when was the last time we just had a completely fun group watch show like this?"

MAYBE the closest thing that came to mind was Akame ga Kill just because it was a decent hate watch & had moments we just questioned "WHYYYYYY" but still had a few elements of good like JUSTICE GIRL being bonkers.

Crocodile

I don't think I mentioned it at the end of the block but last night OP episode was very good. I'd be lying if I didn't say my suspension of disbelief was stretched a bit with the whole "let's play a final song while we are literally dying after having the shit kicked out of us" though. I think if the crew was just poisoned I'd buy it but most of them were shot AND stabbed as well so it seemed kind of silly.

Also, what was the point of the captain contracting that disease? Why not just have him be with his crew and die after the ambush with the rest of them? The disease plotline didn't seem to add anything of value to the narrative.

This is a good example of why I kinda wish we still had a hate watch show. All of the block is too good now and even the sub-par shows aren't hate watch worthy... just boring.

This seems like a monkey's paw wish if I ever saw one LOL

Grexeno

Also, what was the point of the captain contracting that disease? Why not just have him be with his crew and die after the ambush with the rest of them? The disease plotline didn't seem to add anything of value to the narrative.
There are suspicions.

About things.

Mizerman

Just make a series about Kenshiro traveling around post apocalyptic Ahkibara hitting pressure points of bondage gear wearing Neets and fighting 1000 year old dragon school girls before making their heads explode by poking their nipples

"You are already fapping."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Captain Puzzle getting the disease and fleeing the grand line is the explanation for why Crocus thinks they abandoned Laboon and was pissed enough to join Roger's crew.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Does this plot point get picked back up 300 chapters/episodes in the future?

There's a theory that he caught the same disease Nami did after Little Garden.

Unless I'm not up to date on my insane One Piece theories that seem way too solid to be insane.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
hey, so

in the dbz kai "fight it out" lyrics

they say "beat the spirit bomb"

....but isn't goku the only one who can perform that move

are they saying....defeat goku, our main hero?

why would they tell us to beat a move performed by the protagonist

................DOES GOKU BECOME THE VILLAIN??!

hey, so

No its because all the villains beat the spirit bomb

Rutger

Banned
hey, so

Well, calling Goku a hero is a bit of a stretch, he more often than not just happens to want to fight the villain of the arc.

Line_HTX

At this point you can't really call Goku a real hero because all he ever fucking does is look for the strongest opponent that can potentially beat him the fuck up for eternity.

Somebody made this pun somewhere already, but...

"Wear this, or else you're already Dad"
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/12/12/fist-of-the-north-star-condoms-hit-japanese-stores
dc84ae5f25fb337072ab63749131d2361355333766_full.jpg

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
For a very long time my cell phones ring tone was ATATATATATA from FotN. Needless to say most everyone who heard it was very confused but everyone once in a while somebody would laugh after hearing it, usually with some comment about me already being dead

Zonic's joke is pretty funny given Super's recent story direction...

Goku just unknowingly kicked off a multi-universe tournament that rewards the winners with nothing.

The losers get their universe erased.

Unicorn Gundam really is fantastic, whoever posted that spoiler explanation of the past uc stuff thanks again. I wouldn't be able to enjoy the show nearly as much as I am without that much needed back story explanation. I really want to watch the ova since most of the issues with this version seem to be the editing in and out of scenes.

Moaradin

I never got the impression that I would enjoy Unicorn even if I had the proper context for it tbh. Even with all the Gundam lore, I still find it hard to believe that I would care about any of these characters more than I do now.

I never got the impression that I would enjoy Unicorn even if I had the proper context for it tbh. Even with all the Gundam lore, I still find it hard to believe that I would care about any of these characters more than I do now.

Link's really is a weak link *kek* in the story but everything around him is really interesting. I just really like the universe(al century *kek*) and the politics.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even Hulu agrees with me, the secret final episode of Rock Lee's Ninja Pals aired in Naruto's timeslot.

I was watching the last episode of Rock Lee's Ninja Pals on Hulu and the autoplay defaults to this Week's Naruto Shippuden episode, which features Lee doing crazy stuff, Twenty hitting him and being the straight man, Orochimaru hanging around the village being a loser, a skit with Neji dressed as a girl, and Yamato photo bombing the background.

All this Gintama talk is reminding me I have to get back into the series since I've only seen like the first one or two seasons... The only thing that sucks about watching a long-running series after it came out is that you fall behind by a lot. I'll get to it at some point. I should be able to binge it quite a bit this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom