• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

You play still? Man the Lord works in mysterious ways. I'm typically an all digital type of guy. But I wanted the collector edition of NMS because I was too into the hype. I told myself I would buy the physical copy and sell the steel book to someone and the game later on to afford a digital copy.

Three days with the physical game and I requested to return the game on Amazon since the crashes were too much for me and I couldn't travel to a different planet without it crashing.

I hope people are enjoying it now but god damn what a mess at launch and pre-launch.

LionPride

Banned
You play still? Man the Lord works in mysterious ways. I'm typically an all digital type of guy. But I wanted the collector edition of NMS because I was too into the hype. I told myself I would buy the physical copy and sell the steel book to someone and the game later on to afford a digital copy.

Three days with the physical game and I requested to return the game on Amazon since the crashes were too much for me and I couldn't travel to a different planet without it crashing.

I hope people are enjoying it now but god damn what a mess at launch and pre-launch.
Hell no I was smart and didn't buy it, I just watch folks play it. After that big patch it seems like a lot was added/improved

Nowhere near Destiny levels though where that went from an alright game to a great one

If NMS was like $20 at launch, we'd be straight

What's the shittest game you have played? Mine is No Man's Sky, only game I ever got a refund for, piece of shit.
So many but off the top of my head, Conception II.
"Let's make a P4 clone!"
"But let's not make it as fun as P4!"
It was playing this where I realized that I should stop buying animu games.
That battle theme is legit though

Zekes!

Man, I need to do something about my procrastination. I've realized that my main method of avoidance is to not do anything at all. I could be getting out the house and getting some exercise, but I decide not to because I feel it'll waste what time I have to work on all that needs to be done, even though I'm sitting inside not doing any of it.

Numb

Man, I need to do something about my procrastination. I've realized that my main method of avoidance is to not do anything at all. I could be getting out the house and getting some exercise, but I decide not to because I feel it'll waste what time I have to work on all that needs to be done, even though I'm sitting inside not doing any of it.

If you do the things you should do first then you can procrastinate in peace and not even feel shit about it.
I like being lazy and not have things on my mind instead of worrying all the time.
It's not even procrastinating at that time but a break.
Make it a point to do everything one after another so i can be lazy extra long.

Zekes!

If you do the things you should do first then you can procrastinate in peace and not even feel shit about it.
I like being lazy and not have things on my mind instead of worrying all the time.
It's not even procrastinating at that time but a break.
Make it a point to do everything one after another so i can be lazy extra long.

Yeah, this is what I need to be doing. I always wake up with the intention of doing everything first to get it outta the way, but the next thing you know, it's Sunday night and I haven't done any of it.

zeemumu

"BLACKS RULE"

Come on now, Beef

It's "THE BLACKS RULE" otherwise you know it's fake.

I still can't believe people thought that they could get away with that. The equivalent of framing someone for a crime by committing the crime and running down the street shouting their name.

"It was me! Luke Cage!"

zeemumu

Yeah, this is what I need to be doing. I always wake up with the intention of doing everything first to get it outta the way, but the next thing you know, it's Sunday night and I haven't done any of it.

Do it in small amounts. Work, break, work, break.

Numb

Nike was right this whole time, damn

It's not easy to just do it otherwise everyone would have done it
You just gotta deny yourself the thing that you want to do till you do the thing you should be doing.
Boredom is a strong motivation
Sit in a corner with nothing at all and see how long you can go :)

Beefy

If No Man Sky is the shittiest game you've played then you are blessed. I kept on to that for 2 weeks but I burned out hard on it.

I only buy games I really like the look of usually. No Man's Sky just bullshitted their way into getting me to buy it. Glad I could get refund on it.

Numb

You're gonna need a logo to go with that slogan.

rounded-robot-with-spirals-arms-silhouette-image.png

No brain
Just wires

something bout this robot freaks me out

Evening, all. What's shaking?

Just got off work, currently at Walmart and I spot the complete series of Spectacular Spider-man for 25 bucks. And I have 22 bucks on me that I need for gas for the week until next paycheck. Life ain't fair sometimes.

D i Z

Damn that Wonder Woman early screening thread. If the spoilers are true, then they have fucked up again.

I my heart wanted this to work out, but my head always knew better.
This was the one DC film that I was really pulling for, even after the first trailer that had me squinting at that shit suspiciously.

Beefy

I my heart wanted this to work out, but my head always knew better.
This was the one DC film that I was really pulling for, even after the first trailer that had me squinting at that shit suspiciously.

Soon as I heard Gadot was playing WW, I had doubts. Having seen her in the F&F series, she is poor as fuck at acting.

AJLma

I've been really enjoying lately when these undercover supremacists come out and demonstrate their intelligence. It's a real mood lifter.

Trump is about to set these people up with management positions at the new All-American factories he's promising.

Numb

I've been really enjoying lately when these undercover supremacists come out and demonstrate their intelligence. It's a real mood lifter.

Trump is about to set these people up with management positions at the new All-American factories he's promising.

Sad thing is that is not shocking news anymore if it happened

D i Z

Soon as I heard Gadot was playing WW, I had doubts. Having seen her in the F&F series, she is poor as fuck at acting.

I mean let's be real. WW isn't going to stretch anyone's acting chops without material. This was kind of a safe bet in that regard. I figure she deserves a shot as much as anyone else, and she's not going to get lost in a crowd with those looks. She's distinct.
The War setting and them not using the updated origin was what I had concerns about.
That and I had a suspicion about the choreography. But seeing the little of the Island that we got, the war setting, and
Ares'
shitty design, it looked like it was put together by someone with very little investment or interest in the settings.

lol man people are finding anything now to nitpick about hyped games.

The trolls in threads about Horizon and people caring so much about Sara Ryder's face in Mass Effect. After three comments about a character's appearance you should be forced to provide a selfie of yourself
sass2.png

Mrs.Manky you know Carol stole all that power on some Parallax type shit

She learned from Rogue, indeed.

But really, WB/DC is pooping the bed on this all the way around. Is there a cameo from Lynda Carter? Is there a franchising connect to a major makeup company? Exclusive interviews for woman run websites like The Mary Sue or Black Girl Nerds? Have they talked to Gloria Steinem? Have they even gotten desperate and talked to Lena Dunham?

Even if the product is shit, they could have at least garnered the good will of the ladies, nerd or otherwise.

EDIT: Okay, Carter and Gadot did do a bit together for the honorary ambassador thing: http://people.com/archive/its-the-wonder-women-lynda-carter-and-gal-gadot-appear-together-for-the-first-time-to-honor-the-superhero/

D i Z

I like Gadot, she just has a problem emoting. She isn't Rhonda Rhosey bad

She's has of those learn it on the job situations. If she loves it enough she'll get better.

That list is evergreen.

The trolls in threads about Horizon and people caring so much about Sara Ryder's face in Mass Effect. After three comments about a character's appearance you should be forced to provide a selfie of yourself
sass2.png

That's one way to look at it, I guess.

Oh shit Black Lightning is a real superhero?

Yup. The pilot for his show just got canceled.... and then it went to CW from Fox or something.... Not sure whats happening.

That's one way to look at it, I guess.

For the trolls in Horizon: Some people are getting banned for what it seems like burner alts to just make outlandish statements.

For Mass Effect: People are beating the point about Ryder's look after it is agreed upon that the facial animation needs work. It has gotten to the point where comments are coming off as jabs at an unreleased game to dissuade others from being hyped about it. I don't think most people are going to care that facial animations seem off when they played ME1-3 with the animation in those games. Then comments just turn into character faces, not animation, seem off and that hairstyles are inherently edgy which is a ridiculous comment.

For the trolls in Horizon: Some people are getting banned for what it seems like burner alts to just make outlandish statements.

For Mass Effect: People are beating the point about Ryder's look after it is agreed upon that the facial animation needs work. It has gotten to the point where comments are coming off as jabs at an unreleased game to dissuade others from being hyped about it. I don't think most people are going to care that facial animations seem off when they played ME1-3 with the animation in those games. Then comments just turn into character faces, not animation, seem off and that hairstyles are inherently edgy which is a ridiculous comment.
Yeah people in that thread were really reaching

D i Z

With ME1-3 there was at least something game/story related to talk/ get excited about to help ease us past the facial animations and design jank. And it is jank. This ones on the marketing for failing with the slight of hand. People are bored. What else is there to do?

I'm going to slide out of this one before I raise the spirits in here and get the ME mob after me again. Criticism of criticism is a strangely circular highway to nowhere.
(No photo verification needed to scrutinize this comment. Feel free).

Slayven

To be far you not suppose to leave the whole bay leaf in there

sass2.png
Folks complain because they don't know how to do anything else
She learned from Rogue, indeed.

But really, WB/DC is pooping the bed on this all the way around. Is there a cameo from Lynda Carter? Is there a franchising connect to a major makeup company? Exclusive interviews for woman run websites like The Mary Sue or Black Girl Nerds? Have they talked to Gloria Steinem? Have they even gotten desperate and talked to Lena Dunham?

Even if the product is shit, they could have at least garnered the good will of the ladies, nerd or otherwise.

EDIT: Okay, Carter and Gadot did do a bit together for the honorary ambassador thing: http://people.com/archive/its-the-wonder-women-lynda-carter-and-gal-gadot-appear-together-for-the-first-time-to-honor-the-superhero/
Hold up Carter isn't doing a cameo? That should have been the second thing setup after deciding to do a Wonder Woman movie?

Hell I would have had a whole scene with her and Lucy Lawless

The Rap Critic has competition if they ever want to get into music review

With ME1-3 there was at least something game/story related to talk/ get excited about to help ease us past the facial animations and design jank. And it is jank. This ones on the marketing for failing with the slight of hand. People are bored. What else is there to do?

I'm going to slide out of this one before I raise the spirits in here and get the ME mob after me again. Criticism of criticism is a strangely circular highway to nowhere.
(No photo verification needed to scrutinize this comment. Feel free).

I completely get you on janky animation but we will have to agree to disagree that complaining how Sara Ryder's face look, non-animated, is criticism and not just complaining. And we'll have to agree to disagree the complaining about another person's complaint should produce any outcome other than a discussion.

D i Z

To be far you not suppose to leave the whole bay leaf in there

Hold up Carter isn't doing a cameo? That should have been the second thing setup after deciding to do a Wonder Woman movie?

Hell I would have had a whole scene with her and Lucy Lawless

I was expecting this as well. Especially since she showed up on SuperGirl.

D i Z

The Rap Critic has competition if they ever want to get into music review

I completely get you on janky animation but we will have to agree to disagree that complaining how Sara Ryder's face look, non-animated, is criticism and not just complaining. And we'll have to agree to disagree the complaining about another person's complaint should produce any outcome other than a discussion.

We can do all of that as long as you acknowledge that holding a persons looks against their opinions about a piece of digital art is just as petty. If i had said that I thought that the Mona Lisa was homely, would you then say that I need to put my own looks on blast for my opinion? That isn't how deconstruction of art or criticism works if we're going to have a dialogue about the work. People take criticism of things that they like but didn't create too much to heart.

We can do all of that as long as you acknowledge that holding a persons looks against their opinions about a piece of digital art is just as petty. If i had said that I thought that the Mona Lisa was homely, would you then say that I need to put my own looks on blast for my opinion? That isn't how deconstruction of art or criticism works if we're going to have a dialogue about the work. People take criticism of things that they like but didn't create too much to heart.

I never made any arguments that it wasn't petty, in fact the smiley I included was deliberate to denote that I was making a very intended petty comment. Because if you are going to attack a character's look, that is based on an actual person, and a character's hairstyle that is worn by woman across the world then, yes, I want you to display how you look.

Also you are making the assumption that people making these comments want a dialogue about art and the models of a character. There is no intellectual discussion on the merits of a character model with a comment similar to "this haircut is edgy." We participate on a forum that have posters enter a thread to talk down on anything they can find because they are not as excited for a game as others. Most people complaining about the look of a character that is not animated seem like they fall inside the bucket of people complaining for the sake of drowning other's excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom