• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS seems to be developing quite the fan art following already....

Skelter

Banned
IxRjolL.jpg

I'm sorry

Love this

I'm LOVING the lore in this game.

I can't wait to see what the final boss looks like... I really hope he's playable.

Here is a big question for me... Do you think the Grand Prix mode will have a different story for each character? I love these characters so much, I really hope we learn more about them throughout the game.

NEO0MJ

Everyone was all thinking the worst for the Nier thread, yet they just go ham in every other fanart thread lol

With Nier there was already the preconceived notion that the game was butt so people were more careful. Here it took everyone by surprise.

Also, might as well get a mod to change the title to Twintelle seems to be developing etc etc etc.

13ruce

Banned
I am buying this game for the characters aren't i? Well i liked boxing games like punch out and Wii Sports boxing. free new content will be added too so i don't mind it.

Twintelle's Amiibo wil be mine that's one thing for certain.

Vena

Step 1: Put attractive character(s) in game.
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Profit! (And Fanart!)

I don't think its just her being attractive.

I think the fact that she straight up Za Warudo's fists and poses like a Joestar, on top of being an empowered badass went a long way to help.

Minmin is more along the lines of cutie.

LotusHD

Banned
With Nier there was already the preconceived notion that the game was butt so people were more careful. Here it took everyone by surprise.

Also, might as well get a mod to change the title to Twintelle seems to be developing etc etc etc.

Yea I know, I'm not actually annoyed or anything, it's just that people were actually scared to make the thread to begin with because they assumed people would get crazy with it. When turns out, the other threads ain't any better lol

I think the fact that she straight up Za Warudo's fists and poses like a Joestar, on top of being an empowered badass went a long way to help.

I would agree but the majority leans to her butt.

Pretty much most YouTube videos and art is all about her butt as the main focus of her design. Oh well at least a brown skin female is being represented.

13ruce

Banned
I would agree but the majority leans to her butt.

Pretty much most YouTube videos and art is all about her butt as the main focus of her design. Oh well at least a brown skin female is being represented.

Honestly that's why i prefer the frontal fanart of her.

LotusHD

Banned

I'm slowly getting tired of her backside, but either/or is fine with me. But there are some posts in this thread just show off pics where her ass is super exaggerated, and I'm like "Sigh..."

Cerium

Min Min is Girl Next Door, down to earth and unassuming.

Gin-Shiio

Nah, I don't buy that. There is many horny people on the internet. Nier sold because of 2B's fat ass, and ARMS might just sell some copies through Twintelle. No doubt in my mind.

Vena

Nah, I don't buy that. There is many horny people on the internet. Nier sold because of 2B's fat ass, and ARMS might just sell some copies through Twintelle. No doubt in my mind.

I am not discounting that. I was speaking more for why many others also may like her. /shrug

13ruce

Banned
I wonder when they will reveal the new revealed characters alternative colour shemes.

Could mean cool alternative colours fanart for them.

I very much agree.
Butt alone doesn't make someone a fan fav over night even if that's what some artist want to focus on. If Twin had the same show-woman ass slapping persona as R. Mika I don't think people would have latched on as they did (in fact it woulda been a backlash having the only black woman on the cast doing r. mika like ass moves).

I really think it's the classy Beyonce like star flare and the 4 arms (which allows her to legit do JoJo poses as she fights!) that actually resonates with folks. Being the only female in the game with curves doesn't hurt but it's not the only thing.

Speely

Banned
I wonder when they will reveal the new revealed characters alternative colour shemes.

Could mean cool alternative colours fanart for them.

Some popped up on the attract reels I've been watching. Still trying to get more, but mirror matches that aren't 1v1v1v1 are rarer, and those matches suck for good looks.

Kid Cobra

Bad look at a nice Twintelle alt. This stage is the worst.

It's literally just her butt.

Tbh I'm kinda disappointed that the majority of the conversation over Twintelle is over her butt. It's just incessant especially after coming from the Nier stuff. She's just a cool character overall and a rare PoC in a Nintendo game but all that is put to the side for dumb butt geometry memes.

TrueBlue

Most of the fanart here does have at least a little focus on her butt, that's for sure.

Even so, I still think her design is great. She's glamorous as hell.

NEO0MJ

I wouldn't mind backside art if it was more this than this.

Nintendo knew exactly what they were going for when they designed twintelle.

Maybe they knew it would be seen as sexy, but I doubt they knew it would get this bad. It's not they intentionally fetishised her like what Capcom did with the SF V cast with their strategic pose and camera angles.
Or at least I used to think so until some of their recent Twitter shots -_-

Now I'm not so sure. Maybe they're just riding the wave.

Top Bottom