• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dual Shock 4 lightbar can't be turned off

KillGore

people are going crazy over this. They'll obviously patch a fix for it, at least make it extremely dim when a camera is not detected or motion tracking is off. Though i guess if no one complains then they won't fix it.

HORRORSHØW

I'll just wear these while gaming on the PS4.

eebc_8_bit_sunglasses.jpg

Bishop89

This may have been answered already, but can any (tech) gafers say if adding an off option is something that can be patched via a download/update?

If so, I can definitely see Sony doing this at some point when/if they receive enough (negative) feedback about it.

i think in the new iOS update, it allowed iphone 4's to use the camera flash as a torch, so maybe its possible they can do the reverse? I dunno.

Tabular

Banned
This may have been answered already, but can any (tech) gafers say if adding an off option is something that can be patched via a download/update?

If so, I can definitely see Sony doing this at some point when/if they receive enough (negative) feedback about it.

Yes. The light is controlled in software and technically can be turned off.

After confirming to the world that PlayStation 4 console owners won't be able to turn off the DualShock 4 light bar in order to save the device's battery, Sony boss Shuhei Yoshida has said that game developers will be able to turn that feature off.

The PlayStation 4 introduces a brand new controller, in the form of the DualShock 4, which enhances on the iconic design.

Besides the tweaks, the DualShock 4 also has a special light bar that can display different colors and can be tracked by the PS4 camera.

According to a previous statement, gamers won't be able to turn off that light, but Yoshida has clarified things on Twitter, confirming that game developers will be able to turn off or manipulate the DualShock 4's light bar.

Yoshida didn't elaborate, so it's going to be interesting to see what PS4 game developers can do with the controller.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/PlayStation-4-Game-Developers-Can-Turn-Off-DualShock-4-Light-Bar-366717.shtml

As far as I'm concerned its a non issue. However if there is an outcry, they will give you control over it. For now however, that's up to developers to do. I expect many games to have a setting that turns it off.

TOYCOFFIN

Banned
Padding at 2 post? That's... odd? Right?

But this one has been dead for 11 days. I don't think anyone is crucifying the guy but y'know... The thread is dead.

I dunno about odd. You need a certain number of posts and time spent here to become a member. He was prob approved a week ago.

Said the Junior...

Leave it to the mods

don't junior me please :)

Difference is I don't go around necrobumping dead threads and actually participate in discussion.

Exactly. And I didn't even see a date or time when the prior posts were made. It was oddly absent.

...Then how did you find the thread? What was it on page 50?

Top Bottom