• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Good to hear, I've been working in the yard all night and have not read up on all the posts while I was out.

Though to note my thinking, the fact that the teams are separate in and of itself does not mean much; it's how resources and people are split between those teams that matters, and in that way the demands of one part of the project can impact another. That is what I was getting at. Glad to hear the Campaign is indeed a meaty one; right now it's the part of the game I am most looking forward to.

Certainly seems possible. I'm really looking forward to new vehicles myself. Given what the Forerunner weapons do when you pick them up, the vehicles have some great potential.

I was all excited for Forerunner vehicles until that expertzone thing that said there would be only 2 new vehicles.. Something tells me we are in for a large disappointment on this front.

Even though I'm excited about the return of Hunters in campaign, I really hope 343 doesn't rely on the Covenant as a major focal point throughout the game. We've done that, it's time for something new...

Agreed completely, if they are gonna be there I hope we see all of em, but I hope they are mainly on the back burner.

GhaleonEB

I am ashamed I didn't dream of Forerunner vehicles until now.
Heh, it was literally the first thing I thought of when I saw the Light Rifle picked up in the Campaign demo.

I was all excited for Forerunner vehicles until that expertzone thing that said there would be only 2 new vehicles.. Something tells me we are in for a large disappointment on this front.

What Expertzone thing?

What Expertzone thing?

It was from a while back, pre-e3 if I recall.. But it was the quiz one that told us about 50 Spartan Ops missions, 10 new weapons and 2 new vehicles. Im hoping the vehicle part was misdirection or wrong, but as there was never a denial and the quiz is still up, Im gonna have to assume its true.

Fuchsdh

image.axd

So I wonder if the in-game Legendary icon has been changed like this one...

The multiplayer achievements look right by my eyes. Nothing map-specific thus far, just generic milestones--attainable feats!

GhaleonEB

It was from a while back, pre-e3 if I recall.. But it was the quiz one that told us about 50 Spartan Ops missions, 10 new weapons and 2 new vehicles. Im hoping the vehicle part was misdirection or wrong, but as there was never a denial and the quiz is still up, Im gonna have to assume its true.

I hope the Mammoth and mech are not the only two.

Vire

Yeah, it worries me that the Prometheans aren't fully fleshed out. With only three different types revealed and the possibility of no Promethean vehicles - it concerns me that they won't be the key focus. The campaign achievements also mention an awful lot of Covenant.

You and me both.

Has to be three or four, but three makes more sense.

Dawn
Chief wakes up. Dawn is boarded by a neo-Covies. Neo Covenant fleet outside. The Dawn and some of the Covenant Fleet (all?) are forced inside Requiem.

Requiem
The Dawn lands on Requiem, Chief goes exploring. Cortana establishes the place is Forerunner and possibility active. More skirmishes with neo-Covies.

Forerunner
Infinity is forced to land on Requiem. Chief and Cortana decide head over to it. Encounter with Cryptum and the Promethean units for the first time. Concludes with Cortana and Chief linking up with the Infinity crew, Chief is "cornered" by a massive Promethean strike force in the end but is saved either by some new Cortana power (that ties into rampancy), UNSC, or Chief just badasses his way out, or somehow gets tossed into the new desert environment.

Infinity
Desert vehicle heavy mission with the Mammoth and neo-Covie ground forces.

Reclaimer
Chief is explored as a character. May involve a Library-like level where you're fighting your way through countless hordes of Promethean sentries, fueled by either Cortana or otherwise cryptic messages to fill you in on some new story elements.

Shutdown
Cortana's rampancy subplot potentially peaks here. The Infinity could be not allowed TO LEAVE THIS PLANET on this mission.

Composer
Ancient Evil is revealed to be (or is at least relying on the powers of) The Composer and you're forced to awaken the Didact to help you fight him. Revival plays as Didact awakens.

Midnight
Boss battle followed by a Warthog run. You might somehow end up at one of the other unexplored Halo rings which is now near Charum Hakkor.

Need to figure out where the Halo ring and the destroyed planet fit into this.

Additions made in bold.

Also, I'm adding
Haven
(Hundred Waters Remix) to my "Songs I've got to bang people to before I die" playlist.

Abdozer

I'm guessing you guys already know about the announced gametype that will be playable at PAX? I don't know which one though.

According to their website, PAX Prime is a little over eight days away. That means those of us tasked with preparing the relevant Halo 4 builds and assets have approximately one week to put the finishing touches on any videos, a new map, and an already-announced-but-not-yet-played-but-will-be-playable game type that may or may not be making an appearance at this event.

DeadNames

Banned
Challenges, Grav Hammers, and poses...

I am SO PUMPED for Halo 4.

Also, Hunters confirmed. Most likely Brutes too.

If Halo 4 multiplayer turns out amazing, game of the year for me.

wwm0nkey

image.axd

The multiplayer achievements look right by my eyes. Nothing map-specific thus far, just generic milestones--attainable feats!

So instead of an elite we now have a forerunner skull, I like it!

image.axd

Must be Forerunner; no nose.

I'm really hoping the Mammoth doesn't count as a new vehicle as its basically a re-purposed Elephant.. But even if that's the case, it only leaves room for one new vehicle which is really unfortunate.

G17

A character appearance has just been spoiled for me with the soundtrack posts above.. I took such an effort in not reading MTV's soundtrack titles only to scroll through the page and see it.

I may have been spoiled but you can still stop others from being spoiled.. please tag revealing soundtrack titles.

GhaleonEB

A character appearance has just been spoiled for me with the soundtrack posts above.. I took such an effort in not reading MTV's soundtrack titles only to scroll through the page and see it.

I may have been spoiled but you can still stop others from being spoiled.. please tag revealing soundtrack titles.

Personally, any information officially released by 343 should be discussed openly. Only stuff 343 is intentionally keeping under wraps should be tagged for those avoiding it. That's the general policy that has been followed since the Halo 2 days.

Otherwise, we have no way of knowing what will spoil some people and what won't, and the thread becomes an unreadable mess of blacked out text. The onus is on you to avoid Halo discussion threads if your spoiler threshold is lower.

zap

Those achievements look awesome.

There are many nice touches that have been added. No MP achievements is amazing also.

Spartan Ops is as long as ODST? Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn son Halo 4 is bringing it, on the campaign side.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed completely, if they are gonna be there I hope we see all of em, but I hope they are mainly on the back burner.
I really really hope drones and skirmishers don't come back. I do, however, want Brutes to return. And I want them to finally live up to their name. I want them to be ferocious and terrifying. Based on the other Covie redesigns, I think 343 can pull it off.

Blueblur1

The achievements look great. I am so glad that aren't any multiplayer specific ones this time around. I'm still missing a dozen of those from Reach and Halo 3's Two For One was impossible to get (and ended up being my last achievement).

Did you see the size of that package? So big. So filled with content.

$15 for shipping!? That makes it $90 for the OST LE. That does make it a bit harder to justify. :\

Yeah, 90 bucks is a killer. I'm not into Halo music enough to get it, but I understand why others would. It's great of 343 to offer something like this.

Top Bottom