• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk |OT| - Big men, bigger swords, OFF THE BOAT - Berserk #344 24/6/2016

Veelk

Banned
Was gonna complain that it was lingering too long on recreating the past scenes, but the back half of the chapters delivered on the feels.

Farnese and Shrieke are feeling what Casca felt through her life....which is not gonna be a good thing once they get to the eclipse. For the love of god, Miura, handle it tastefully....

The part where Farnese shields Shrieke's eyes when they get to the memory where Guts fucked Casca is adorable.

And so many memories... But now we're about to get to the worst part. The two ladies might have to worry more about keeping their own sanity than restoring Casca's...

Man, this chapter had me on the edge of my seat! Holy shit, I shed a tear when I read "continues late june". FUUUUUU I NEED IT NOW.

Also
Rrj1tx9.png

lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The part where Farnese shields Shrieke's eyes when they get to the memory where Guts fucked Casca is adorable.

And so many memories... But now we're about to get to the worst part. The two ladies might have to worry more about keeping their own sanity than restoring Casca's...

The last time we saw the eclipse it was essentially from Guts's perspective. I can't imagine how horrific it will be from Casca's.

Mr Git

Last couple of chapters I thought the memories would get dragged out but I thought it was really well done this chapter - seeing other events from just Casca's POV too and literally a walk down memory lane for readers as well, fuck. That they feel her emotions though - the eclipse memory is going to be horrible.

Strimei

I feel uneasy by mini-Casca's request about wanting to see someone.

It being vague could just be a byproduct of her shattered mind, but...well, I (and many others I'm sure) have always kind of feared how she'd be if/once her mind was whole again. Even healed, what she's been through changes a person.

turmoil

Banned
I feel uneasy by mini-Casca's request about wanting to see someone.

It being vague could just be a byproduct of her shattered mind, but...well, I (and many others I'm sure) have always kind of feared how she'd be if/once her mind was whole again. Even healed, what she's been through changes a person.

Alto this.

Who can it be?

-The Griffith that still is a prisoner in her memories.
-Femto, she is determined to tell him GO FUCK YOURSELF
-Real world Guts, she is somewhat aware of this being a dream

Either 2 or 3 would be OK for me

That was excellent. Um...I don't think Farnese is going to handle Casca coming back too well. She seemed kind of jealous in a couple of shots.

turmoil

Banned
That was excellent. Um...I don't think Farnese is going to handle Casca coming back too well. She seemed kind of jealous in a couple of shots.

When she said "My heart is full to bursting... with Casca's feelings... and only Casca's" kinda sounded like she is open to the idea of overcoming it imo.

When she said "My heart is full to bursting... with Casca's feelings... and only Casca's" kinda sounded like she is open to the idea of overcoming it imo.
I hope she does. It does seem like she cares about little chestnut Casca since she seems to be the one interacting with her the most and not Schierke. I want them to be good friends cause it's a bond those two would get the most out of, but I don't know...this is Berserk, nothing is ever that simple.

Ho_su

Neo Member
Alto this.

Who can it be?

-The Griffith that still is a prisoner in her memories.
-Femto, she is determined to tell him GO FUCK YOURSELF
-Real world Guts, she is somewhat aware of this being a dream

Either 2 or 3 would be OK for me

4° her lost son than Griffith use him as material body.

Also the Casca doll miss the head and the heart, in the Eclipse she lose the mind, in the abortion her heart... i tink.

Edit. Also the words of Skull Khight "Casca desires might differ from what the swordsman does" porblably is Griffith

Syder

I'm like a year behind on manga updates. I like to let them build up and do a big re-read of the entire series.

Coming up on my 5th or 6th read through I think.

Kuksune

4° his lost son than Griffith use him as material body.

Also the Casca doll miss the head and the heart, in the Eclipse she lose the mind, in the abortion her heart... i tink.

Edit. Also the words of Skull Khight "Casca desires might differ from what the swordsman does" porblably is Griffith

Yeah, that makes sense actually.

Mumei

I'm like a year behind on manga updates. I like to let them build up and do a big re-read of the entire series.

Coming up on my 5th or 6th read through I think.

The most recent chapter I've read is 324, which was out in 2011. Still waiting~

I do need to buy 37 and 38 when it comes out, though.

Tizoc

Good chapter, guess it's one or two more chapters and the duo will leave Casca's psyche.
lol @ 'for research purposes!'

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
And now we wait for the next chapter.

Is Shireike using stronger and stronger magic as they move on? They're steamrolling everything so far, but what if she has to really fight to get to the Eclipse in the first place?

turmoil

Banned
And now we wait for the next chapter.

Is Shireike using stronger and stronger magic as they move on? They're steamrolling everything so far, but what if she has to really fight to get to the Eclipse in the first place?

I think that she realized that in a dream she can do whatever she wants.

Hope she pierces Griffith's ass with her staff

Nibel

Completely forgot that this was coming out and damn, seeing some of the stuff from the past was beautiful and sad at the same time

I'm really interested to see how Miura will solve.. this 'situation' in a tasteful manner

No amount of western influence can overcome the manga industry's bias against bearded main characters (American and European comics are slightly better, in that every male character will at least have a beard at one time but rarely/never permanently).

Grudy

No amount of western influence can overcome the manga industry's bias against bearded main characters (American and European comics are slightly better, in that every male character will at least have a beard at one time but rarely/never permanently).

This reminds when my friend pointed out that Whitebeard in One Piece doesn't actually have a beard.

I was like :O

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Always sucks but not too surprising. I was hoping we would see the resolution to restore Casca before this break.

Top Bottom