• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom completely denies that their COO says SF5 could have pay2win mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyoro SF

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e140612.html

A certain media organization carried an interview with Capcom President Haruhiro Tsujimoto. Regarding the reference to a pay system in the interview article, Haruhiro Tsujimoto did not make any comments on adjusting strength of characters in the game by using this type of system.

Furthermore, details regarding "Street Fighter 5", including the title itself, were not officially announced at this point.

---

HBQnEZy.png

-----

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...g-beginners-considering-pay-advantage-models/

Although Capcom did not announce a new fighting game at E3 this year, according to Sponichi Annex, the online portal for the Sports Nippon Japanese newspaper, one of the fighting games maker's top executives did make a few comments regarding the next Street Fighter.

Capcom president and COO Haruhiro Tsujimoto said to media representatives in a group interview at E3 that the Osaka-based games maker has plans to develop a Street Fighter 5, and that it would not only fully utilise the unique features of online gaming, but also attempt to broaden the player base by making it more accessible for newcomers.
"We'd like to steer away from making the next game such that skilled players will win, but unskilled players will lose almost instantaneously," Tsujimoto said.

Hit the jump to read more on what the Capcom president and COO has to say about Street Fighter 5.

As a means to achieve that (prevent unskilled players from losing instantaneously), Capcom is looking into possibly implementing some kind of pay-for-advantage system in Street Fighter 5 that will allow new players to cover for their lack of skill in matches.

ゲーム大手カプコンの辻本春弘社長(49)は10日、米ロサンゼルスで共同通信のインタビューに応じ、今後開発を進める人気格闘ゲーム「ストリートファイター5」について、オンラインゲームの特色を生かして初心者でも遊びやすいように工夫し、格闘ゲームの裾野を広げる方針を明らかにした。

一時大ブームにもなったストリートファイターはカプコンの代表シリーズの一つ。累計販売本数は3500万本を超えるが、辻本社長は「熟練した人が勝ち、不慣れな人は瞬間的に負けてしまうような内容では先細りになる」と指摘。

ストリートファイター5では、新たな顧客の力量不足を補い、勝負を有利に運ぶため、課金システムの導入などを検討する。また、上手なプレーヤーが遊んだ場面を閲覧できるようにすれば「初心者が攻略方法や必殺技を覚えられ、ユーザー拡大につながる」と期待する。

対応の家庭用ゲーム機は、ソニー・コンピュータエンタテインメントの「プレイステーション4」や米マイクロソフトの「XboxOne(エックスボックスワン)」に関心を示しているとした。発売時期は未定だが、数年後とみられる。(共同)

Bit of a surprise to see this is the way the game is found out. Might've been loose lips.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Loose lips it seems. About fucking time we get an indication it's greenlit though.

No F2P will probably hold it back from their goals though.

Sheroking

Not even worried about the "more accessible" thing yet.

Street Fighter IV had kinda the same rhetoric and turned out just fine.

Chobel

As a means to achieve that (prevent unskilled players from losing instantaneously), Capcom is looking into possibly implementing some kind of pay-for-advantage system in Street Fighter 5 that will allow new players to cover for their lack of skill in matches.

The fuck is this?

bigkrev

From the Article

"We'd like to steer away from making the next game such that skilled players will win, but unskilled players will lose almost instantaneously," Tsujimoto said.

Hit the jump to read more on what the Capcom president and COO has to say about Street Fighter 5.

No thank you, just let the franchise die off.

There's definitely going to be a PC version, the only question is whether they'll release them simultaneously or wait half a year...

-oh god wat at the pay-for-advantage thing

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The part not highlighted in OP (is this from the translation or just EH commentary?) that is worrying:

Yeah... nope.

gibration

No thanks.

So how long did SFIV take to make?

I'd imagine they're going to build on the same foundation, so I'm expecting something a bit shorter than that length of time.

I buy a PS4 once this is out, then. Unless cross gen :3
By the time this comes out old consoles will be dead and buried.

HAHAHAHAHAH

Capcom never fails to surprise me.

Ideally it'd be through a sort of quest mode than can train people in the game. That wouldn't be so bad and it'd raise the perceived value immensely.

Street Fighter: Flashback LIVES
Sirlin Redeemed!

But yeah, this'll take like 3-4 years. We've got a wait.

FSLink

Banned
Online features (netcode issues are a different thing) are a must. I would love if we could have an actual fighting game community within SF5, being able to post videos of tech, easily upload/share and spectate matches, etc.

Yes please! More SF in my life. Love this franchise.

Edit: Only read the title, not the paragraph. Not feeling this "pay for advantage" thing at all. Hype deflated.

Kieli

I'm ok with this. I can barely pull of a 3-hit combo with Ryu in SF4:AE.

Like, c.LP --> c.LP --> c.MK has never been this hard in other games like Skullgirls or P4A... I tap them and the character does them. In SF, the characters don't do anything after the first button press until I time it perfectly. -.-

Espi

Banned

really?

Guilty Gear, here I come.

Skab

I know it's super early, and that they said similar things about SF4 but, yeah, that would be awful.

Capcom needs new people in charge.

Salex_

F2Ofxei.gif

raven777

Capcom is looking into possibly implementing some kind of pay-for-advantage system in Street Fighter 5 that will allow new players to cover for their lack of skill in matches.

hell no...

BigDug13

Well is there some way to make sure "pay for advantage" can't be purchased by actual skilled players? Defeats the purpose if newbs pay for it but then top guys also pay for it, then it becomes a "must pay to win" scenario.

Orayn

Time for them to add Flashback and New Millennium controls from Sirlin's SF4 concept!
http://www.scribd.com/doc/146366024/David-Sirlin-s-Street-Fighter-4-Concept

I'm not the most knowledgeable about fighting games, so it's probably high blasphemy for me to say this, but... The New Millenium controls don't sound like the worst thing in the world. Is it possible that allowing people to work on understanding the function of each move separately from execution would make the learning curve less intimidating without totally ruining the game forever?

Eusis

From the Article

No thank you, just let the franchise die off.
Ok, yeah fuck that if they do it.

God, this pay to win shit is literally ruining games, if this isn't some SP only thing I'll be pissed. Well, less pissed if it's just unlocking character early but that'd still be sleazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom