• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My problems with Horizon Zero Dawn's exploration

teokrazia

Yeah, OP, combat against dinos is amazing, the story is nice but exploration... OMFG, is dull and uninteresting.
Oh, and platforming in The Witcher 3 >>>>> platforming in Horizon.

cuate

Banned
I'm free to trash it. I actually played it. It's as average as all of those AAA games you seem so fond of hating. Worse, even, because of some terrible design choices (like a strict inventory limit that can only be increased by finding korok seeds and the fragile weapons which have you stopping and starting fights to switch).

There are specialized games that manage to do at least one or two things really, really well (like I said, traversal in Gravity Rush and Cloudbuilt, combat in Dark Souls although DkS gets a ton right, puzzles in Portal). BotW's not one of those games. It doesn't do anything well.

I suggest playing games that actually do something well to highlight the different ways that BotW's mediocre.

Well, when the piece of shit that's Phantom Hourglass got a 90 on metacritic, you'd have to think that there's something wrong with that picture.

I think you're a complete moron. Not doing things exactly like other games doesn't make it deficient. I might think botw does its things fine. I might also not think much of gravity rush traversal mechanics or dark souls combat, enough to declare them objectively superior. I have played and completed portal, thanks. You telling to play games that "do things well" is not only the height of arrogance, it makes you a goddam fuckwit as well. The games I listed don't do anything well? botw is mediocre and does nothing well but horizon - peak of bland and safe "aaa" focus tested design - does? You're up your own ass. By your own dumb metric horizon must be the worst game of all time, since it doesn't have "as good" as gravity rush's traversal, dark souls combat, zelda's exploration, mario's platforming, uncharted's voice acting, star citizen's graphics, gta 5's freedom, red faction guerrilla's destruction, fear's ai, planescape torment's writing etc

I think you're a complete moron. Not doing things exactly like other games doesn't make it deficient. I might think botw does its things fine. I might also not think much of gravity rush traversal mechanics or dark souls combat, enough to declare them objectively superior. I have played and completed portal, thanks. You telling to play games that "do things well" is not only the height of arrogance, it makes you a goddam fuckwit as well. The games I listed don't do anything well? botw is mediocre and does nothing well but horizon - peak of bland and safe "aaa" focus tested design - does? You're up your own ass. By your own dumb metric horizon must be the worst game of all time, since it doesn't have "as good" as gravity rush's traversal, dark souls combat, zelda's exploration, mario's platforming, uncharted's voice acting, star citizen's graphics, gta 5's freedom, red faction guerrilla's destruction, fear's ai, planescape torment's writing etc

At least I can comprehend what I read. I'm not saying that BotW's deficient because it's not doings things exactly like other games. I'm saying that it's mediocre because what it does pales in comparison to what other games do.

It has traversal mechanics. But there are many games which do traversal MILES better.

It has combat. But there are many games that do combat MILES better.

It has puzzles. But there are many games that do puzzles MILES better.

It does plenty of things, just nothing well. Said another way, it's mediocre at everything it does.

Seriously, play games that actually do something well, and BotW's mediocrity becomes clear. Then again, you'd actually have to play these games, and not just talk about games you never played.

cuate

Banned
At least I can comprehend what I read. I'm not saying that BotW's deficient because it's not doings things exactly like other games. I'm saying that it's mediocre because what it does pales in comparison to what other games do.

It has traversal mechanics. But there are many games which do traversal MILES better.

It does plenty of things, just nothing well. Said another way, it's mediocre at everything it does.

I completely understood what you wrote. Your points are just ridiculously dumb.

And for the last fucking time, I don't need to play the freaking game to know it's not for me. My critiques of horizon are completely valid and are mirrored by many gamers and reviewers.

I completely understood what you wrote. Your points are just ridiculously dumb.

And for the last fucking time, I don't need to play the freaking game to know it's not for me. My critiques of horizon are completely valid and are mirrored by many gamers and reviewers.

Not based on your prior post, no. I never once said or implied that BotW's deficient because it's not exactly like other games. That was your poor reading comprehension at work.

I don't need to play video games to tell you how good they are! And you're calling me dumb? Yikes.

cuate

Banned
Not based on your prior post, no.

I don't need to play video games to tell you how good they are! And you're calling me dumb? Yikes.

Just what the fuck is it with you? Do you have a stick up your ass? Horizon doesn't appeal to me based on what I've seen and read. The game's flaws and deficiences are evident, I don't need to actually play it to confirm that yep, there's shitload of boring cutscenes, and yep, combat and gameplay looks as milquetoast and repetitive as it gets, and yep, the story isn't my cup of tea. What exactly am I missing about it? What does it do that I'm ignoring or not giving the credit it deserves?

I never once said or implied that BotW's deficient because it's not exactly like other games

It's how it reads. Learn to communicate.

Just what the fuck is it with you? Do you have a stick up your ass? Horizon doesn't appeal to me based on what I've seen and read. The game's flaws and deficiences are evident, I don't need to actually play it to confirm that yep, there's shitload of boring cutscenes, and yep, combat and gameplay looks as milquetoast and repetitive as it gets, and yep, the story isn't my cup of tea. What exactly am I missing about it? What does it do that I'm ignoring or not giving the credit it deserves?

Man, oh man. This product of inbreeding thinks I'm only talking about his Horizon "criticisms."

It's how it reads. Learn to communicate.

Dear dumb-dumb, please specify where you think I didn't clearly communicate my viewpoint.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

Seriously, play games that actually do something well, and BotW's mediocrity becomes clear. Then again, you'd actually have to play these games, and not just talk about games you never played.

I would disagree with you on that. You can't compare it Gravity Rush's traversal to BotW because that game is super hero game (best super hero game traversal at that). To me BotW has best traversal in none super hero open world. I love the climbing, horse riding, shield surfing and gliding on that game. More important I love the freedom it has.

I also love puzzles on
Divine Beasts
in BotW.

But base on posts you made here, you are not really in Zelda games so its understandable why wouldn't like BotW either.

pixelbox

I would disagree with you on that. You can't compare it Gravity Rush's traversal to BotW because that game is super hero game (best super hero game traversal at that). To me BotW has best traversal in none super hero open world. I love the climbing, horse riding, shield surfing and gliding on that game. More important I love the freedom it has.

I also love puzzles on
Divine Beasts
in BotW.

But base on posts you made here, you are not really in Zelda games so its understandable why wouldn't like BotW either.

Gravity Rush 2 is a better game than BOTW... 😏

Danjin44

Gravity Rush 2 is a better game than BOTW... 😏
I personally love both but I love Gravity Rush 2 for very different reason and I love BotW difference reason.

The reason I compare BotW and Horizon because both games have wild land open world. When you give me open world, doesn’t matter how big or small I want to explore and I’m expecting get awarded by exploring by either cool things to find or by having fun traversal mechanics. Both Gravity Rush and BotW able to give me that. Horizon other hand failed hard for me that on that. The open world felt so artificial what’s worse it gives vey limited traversal and there is nothing to find, so it leaves me no motivation to explore. So when you give me big open world with very limited interaction and no reward for exploring then it becomes absolute chore to get through and no amount of “pretty graphics” going to fix that for me. I just need way more than pretty visuals for my games.

I said this before, but for me good graphics needs to be bonus not the selling point for the entire game.

RefigeKru

Banned
Cuate you have second most posts in this thread and you haven't played the game.

It's hard to take you seriously.

Do me a favour, link me to a youtube video showing me what you consider to be the mediocre aspects of the gameplay - and I'll show you what I consider the good. n__n Let's be nice.

cuate

Banned
Cuate you have second most posts in this thread and you haven't played the game.

It's hard to take you seriously.

What do post count have to do with anything? Most of my posts are responses to other people. I've said I haven't played horizon because it's flaws are apparent, it looks shallow and it's the type of game I don't consider good (aaa cinematic experiences). I've seen playthroughs, watched video reviews and read plenty of impressions to form an opinion of it so it's not like I'm ignorant on the game. I don't know why people keep harping on this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh_muRtr6iM

auto climbing, constant cutseand the combat which basically consists of shooting arrows from a distance, rinse and repeat.Some fairly shallow stealth. I know there are traps you can set but what I've seen doesn't much sways me. Then there's the long and boring intro, which is enough to put me off the game, as I don't like nor have time for this type of storytelling.

RefigeKru

Banned
What do post count have to do with anything? Most of my posts are responses to other people. I've said I haven't played horizon because it's flaws are apparent, it looks shallow and it's the type of game I don't consider good (aaa cinematic experiences). I've seen playthroughs, watched video reviews and read plenty of impressions to form an opinion of it so it's not like I'm ignorant on the game. I don't know why people keep harping on this point.

I brought up the posts because you're heavily invested in a game you've never played, but since you've seen playthroughs, video reviews and impressions you clearly know more than say, if you have played it yourself? It's one thing to know what you don't like, I don't like Football Simulators, but I don't watch football simulators reviews, playthroughs and impressions.. It just feels trolly.

Like you keep calling it cinematic. If you played the game, you'd know that doesn't describe it at all.

Can I see the playthroughs you've watched? Because if you watch someone play Dewily May Cry 3 and they're awful, you'll assume it is a shit game, right? Hence why playing it carries more credibility than what you're offering.

auto climbing, constant cutseand the combat which basically consists of shooting arrows from a distance, rinse and repeat.Some fairly shallow stealth. I know there are traps you can set but what I've seen doesn't much sways me.

Well, that settles it. You have no idea what you're talking about. There's like 30 seconds of cutscenes in that 12 minute video. Hell, they sound like they're really enjoying it. Rinse repeat isn't worth speaking on since every game is rinse repeat, let's not go down that road.

Do you prefer if they shoot arrows up close? You can do that if you want. Auto climbing, yup - it's not Zelda FFS. This is why I find this argument annoying, it's like the Chewbacca defence. Since you can't climb everything it must be shit. I don't think I can climb everything in any game I have. Dying Light, Dishonored 2, GTA5. None of them have Breath of the Wild's climbing, they all have pros and cons.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

auto climbing, and the combat which basically consists of shooting arrows from a distance, rinse and repeat. I know there are traps you can set but what I've seen doesn't much sways me.

You rarely shoot arrows from a distance though except when you shoot the dumbass human NPC's.

Most of the robots just run up to you and try to attack in melee so you have to roll around and shoot arrows in slow mo up close. Or try to get in a stun but still shooting arrows in slow mo kinda how shooting arrows work in Shadow of mordor/war.

The bow just works like a regular gun too there arent any drop off on the arrows even, you just spam arrows like you spray bullets in other shooters. The arrows just fly exactly straight.

Wanna watch a review that is pretty critical and on point when it comes to the combat? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7OP0g3Arzw

cuate

Banned
I brought up the posts because you're heavily invested in a game you've never played, but since you've seen playthroughs, video reviews and impressions you clearly know more than say, if you have played it yourself? It's one thing to know what you don't like, I don't like Football Simulators, but I don't watch football simulators reviews, playthroughs and impressions.. It just feels trolly.

Like you keep calling it cinematic. If you played the game, you'd know that doesn't describe it at all.

Can I see the playthroughs you've watched? Because if you watch someone play Dewily May Cry 3 and they're awful, you'll assume it is a shit game, right? Hence why playing it carries more credibility than what you're offering.

Come on man. I'm not fucking dumb. I know when when someone is bad at a game and when the game is simply dull. devil may cry 3 is a game I've long been interested in because of good reviews, good reception from gamers and the fact it's done by a proven developer with a good track record. I can immediatly tell it's a fun game by watching a some gameplay clips. That's how I gauge whether a game will be fun for me or not.

I'm not trolling, and I don't know what gives you that idea. I'm simply stating my opinion on the game and responding to people questioning me for finding it dull and not interesting enough to play.

Cinematic is a term I use for games with long cutscenes and a big focus on storytelling. I'd say horizon has a big focus on those two things.

Do you prefer if they shoot arrows up close? You can do that if you want. Auto climbing, yup - it's not Zelda FFS. This is why I find this argument annoying, it's like the Chewbacca defence. Since you can't climb everything it must be shit. I don't think I can climb everything in any game I have. Dying Light, Dishonored 2, GTA5. None of them have Breath of the Wild's climbing, they all have pros and cons.

I mean the game's intro alone is chock full of cinematics. I never compared it to zelda or asked for the game to have climbing everywhere. I dislike auto platforming/climbing since it takes control away from the player.

And I've watched much more than that ign video. That's just the one I've choose to post.

RefigeKru

Banned
Come on man. I'm not fucking dumb. I know when when someone is bad at a game and when the game is simply dull. devil may cry 3 is a game I've long been interested in because of good reviews, good reception from gamers and the fact it's done by a proven developer with a good track record. I can immediatly tell it's a fun game by watching a some gameplay clips. That's how I gauge whether a game will be fun for me or not.

I'm not trolling, and I don't know what gives you that idea. I'm simply stating my opinion on the game and responding to people questioning me for finding it dull.

Cinematic is a term I use for games with long cutscenes and a big focus on storytelling. I'd say horizon has a big focus on those two things.

Well I have the game and I say they're shit. You actually can't contest that as you don't have the game, which is my point.

I played it on the hardest mode from the beginning, no auto aim, nothing, 3 hits dead. Some of the best shit this gen. I'll show you how I play if you want?

I've long been interested in because of good reviews, good reception from gamers and the fact it's done by a proven developer with a good track record.

I dunno man. You link to me an IGN video, where they sound pretty stoked to be playing it, they gave the game 9.3, and like I said there's plenty of people who rate the game. If anything this is the game that made people respect Guerrilla after all these years.

So...?

I mean the intro alone is chock full of cinematics. I never compared it to zelda or asked for the game to have climbing everywhere. I dislike auto platforming/climbing since it takes control away from the player.

Yeah, if you played the game you'd know the introduction isn't representative of the whole, but when is it ever? I mean, they set the tone very well, and it works since so many loved unraveling the game's story. Best of all, about the climbing - it doesn't exist outside of handholds to the game's benefit if you ask me, as you'll never accidentally climb the wrong thing during combat or get stuck in an animation as in so many games. It works.

You haven't but I've seen that shit so muchwith Horizon. Even in this thread. Read post 85 for my feelings on this.

pixelbox

I personally love both but I love Gravity Rush 2 for very different reason and I love BotW difference reason.

The reason I compare BotW and Horizon because both games have wild land open world. When you give me open world, doesn’t matter how big or small I want to explore and I’m expecting get awarded by exploring by either cool things to find or by having fun traversal mechanics. Both Gravity Rush and BotW able to give me that. Horizon other hand failed hard for me that on that. The open world felt so artificial what’s worse it gives vey limited traversal and there is nothing to find, so it leaves me no motivation to explore. So when you give me big open world with very limited interaction and no reward for exploring then it becomes absolute chore to get through and no amount of “pretty graphics” going to fix that for me. I just need way more than pretty visuals for my games.

I said this before, but for me good graphics needs to be bonus not the selling point for the entire game.
That's the thing, there's no wrong way to interpret this. I feel it to be worth while to explore these beautiful landscapes. Sometimes that's the reward.

pixelbox

You rarely shoot arrows from a distance though except when you shoot the dumbass human NPC's.

Most of the robots just run up to you and try to attack in melee so you have to roll around and shoot arrows in slow mo up close. Or try to get in a stun but still shooting arrows in slow mo kinda how shooting arrows work in Shadow of mordor/war.

The bow just works like a regular gun too there arent any drop off on the arrows even, you just spam arrows like you spray bullets in other shooters. The arrows just fly exactly straight.

Wanna watch a review that is pretty critical and on point when it comes to the combat? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7OP0g3Arzw
That's fuckin bullshit and you don't know what you're talking about. What difficulty are you playing? Enemies will try to predict your movements and plan their projectiles. Arrows if you don't time it will completely miss their mark. What are you saying?

RefigeKru

Banned
That's the thing, there's no wrong way to interpret this. I feel it to be worth while to explore these beautiful landscapes. Sometimes that's the reward.

Pixelbox you're expressing yourself much so much better than I am.

I actually think Horizon is the most beautiful game I've ever played. First time playing it I was in awe, literally turning corners and bam, best thing I ever saw. Just like that, the world ensnared me - combine that with the combat and stealth and it just clicked.

It's comparable to Shadow of the Colossus in that sense. I didn't explore that game to find something. I explored it because it was worth exploring.

Danjin44

And BotW has both beautiful landscapes and actual reward. Not only that, unlike Horizon which I have to find artificially man made yellow ropes to climb anything on that game, in BotW I physically climb the mountain and get through the harsh weathers which in this game it actually matters to find the beautiful landscapes which makes that much more rewarding to find. Also coming down of the high mountains using Shield surfing is absolute blast!!!

Here is my problem, Horizon is heavily relies on its "pretty graphics" for its open world, that good and all but after while the novelty wears off and I personally need way more than pretty visuals in my open world game.

That's fuckin bullshit and you don't know what you're talking about. What difficulty are you playing? Enemies will try to predict your movements and plan their projectiles. Arrows if you don't time it will completely miss their mark. What are you saying?
His talking about fact that unlike BotW and Last of Us, the Bow in Horizon doesn't have arch when shooting your arrow.
arrow_flight_illustration.jpg

instead acts like normal gun, point and shoot. you cant even retrieve your arrows.

Played it on normal iirc, haven't touched the game after i got platinum on it. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5879-horizon-zero-dawn/Martinski44

Uh, no? The arrows just fly in a straight pattern, you dont have to calculate for drop off? That's why i could just aim straight at a target and hit it far from away, didn't need to aim above a target for example.

And BotW has both beautiful landscapes and actual reward. Not only that, unlike Horizon which I have to find artificially man made yellow ropes to climb anything on that game, in BotW I physically climb the mountain and get through the harsh weathers which in this game it actually matters to find the beautiful landscapes which makes that much more rewarding to find. Also coming down of the high mountains using Shield surfing is absolute blast!!!

Here is my problem, Horizon is heavily relies on its "pretty graphics" for its open world, that good and all but after while the novelty wears off and I personally need way more than pretty visuals in my open world game.

His talking about fact that unlike BotW and Last of Us, the Bow in Horizon doesn't have arch when shooting your arrow.

arrow_flight_illustration.jpg

instead acts like normal gun, point and shoot. you cant even retrieve your arrows.

I wondered why shooting always felt off in horizon.

For a game that focused on bow combat it sure managed to fuck it up.

(I'm still enjoying horizon, despite its many many flaws)

pixelbox

I wondered why shooting always felt off in horizon.

For a game that focused on bow combat it sure managed to fuck it up.

(I'm still enjoying horizon, despite its many many flaws)

I really don't understand this. In BOTW if you wanna talk about accurately, arrows fall too early. We had this conversation. It's a design choice and not a flaw. It was known GG focused on streamlining things. Making this quick and accessible which having accurate bow mechanics would slow gameplay. How hard is that to understand? "dispute it's many flaws", what game doesn't have many flaws?

Pixelbox:

Climb up to find a field of grass...or constant rain the hinders your climbing artificially. There's nothing to look forward to IMO in BOTW. Visuals are not engaging enough and what's there is sparsely modeled with razor thin narrative, horrible v/o's and controls. For all this talk of adventuring, it's sucks to control Link with the clunky, fingers needs to do gymnast controls.

Pixelbox:

Gravity Rush 2 has no sense of accomplishment in finding locations because you just "fall" to any location. The only accomplishment is fighting the ridiculous camera and overly sensitive controls if you wanna talk about flaws vs design. You seem to totally be able to ignore hardcore flaws if a game fits your definition of beauty.

Pixelbox:

You complain about pre-designed paths but mention a Naughty Dog game...A game with the most tropey characters I've ever witnessed then complain about Aloy...We get it, you don't like the game, what is there to discuss? I don't think I would continually post in a thread about a game I hate and waste my time as much as you do.

Sepultura

I really don't understand this. In BOTW if you wanna talk about accurately, arrows fall too early. We had this conversation. It's a design choice and not a flaw. It was known GG focused on streamlining things. Making this quick and accessible which having accurate bow mechanics would slow gameplay. How hard is that to understand?
That “design choice” hardly makes any sense when you have contradicting design choices where you have to ‘charge’/hold your shot if you want it to go where you intend to shoot which slows down the gameplay as well. Not to mention there is an abilitiy to circumvent the fast moving machines and slow down time (otherwise it would be even bigger pain to shoot accurately) yet there is no ability to shoot arrows quickly while retaining any accuracy.

pixelbox

Pixelbox you're expressing yourself much so much better than I am.

I actually think Horizon is the most beautiful game I've ever played. First time playing it I was in awe, literally turning corners and bam, best thing I ever saw. Just like that, the world ensnared me - combine that with the combat and stealth and it just clicked.

It's comparable to Shadow of the Colossus in that sense. I didn't explore that game to find something. I explored it because it was worth exploring.
Thank you!! I always liken HZD to SOTC personally which is one of my favorite games of all time. The arguments here are ridiculous. It's like going to Hawaii and complaining about a sense of accomplishment because you can't climb the mountains. Some people just want to admire the scenery. Soak it all up. IMO, like you, it really is the most beautiful game I've ever seen. You just fall in awe.

pixelbox

That “design choice” hardly makes any sense when you have contradicting design choices where you have to ‘charge’/hold your shot if you want it to go where you intend to shoot which slows down the gameplay as well. Not to mention there is an abilitiy to circumvent the fast moving machines and slow down time (otherwise it would be even bigger pain to shoot accurately) yet there is no ability to shoot arrows quickly while retaining any accuracy.

First of all that's not necessary and if you wanted to speed that up there are mod for that. And the game action is so charged, the slow-mo feature is used to slow it down; which may i add is NOT necessary either. HDZ is a streamlined game focused on speeding up tried and true mechanics. That philosophy permeates the entire game from merchants to stamina to even, you guessed it, combat.

Sepultura

First of all that's not necessary and if you wanted to speed that up there are mod for that. And the game action is so charged, the slow-mo feature is used to slow it down; which may i add is NOT necessary either. HDZ is a streamlined game focused on speeding up tried and true mechanics. That philosophy permeates the entire game from merchants to stamina to even, you guessed it, combat.
I felt it’s absolutely necessary, and obviously GG thought that too since you have 2 abilities allotted for it. And I find it hard to believe how one can go without that ability on Very Hard or Ultra Hard difficulty where there is no aim assist. On lower difficulty, the hit box is very forgiving so one can still shoot quickly and the game will auto aim the machine closest parts for you (at which point the combat feels wonky).

cuate

Banned
Thank you!! I always liken HZD to SOTC personally which is one of my favorite games of all time. The arguments here are ridiculous. It's like going to Hawaii and complaining about a sense of accomplishment because you can't climb the mountains. Some people just want to admire the scenery. Soak it all up. IMO, like you, it really is the most beautiful game I've ever seen. You just fall in awe.

Because traveling to an exotic place isn't remotely close to playing a game. Some of us demand a bit more from games than just pretty vistas. Because games are meant to be played, not merely seen.

pixelbox

I felt it’s absolutely necessary, and obviously GG thought that too since you have 2 abilities allotted for it. And I find it hard to believe how one can go without that ability on Very Hard or Ultra Hard difficulty where there is no aim assist. On lower difficulty, the hit box is very forgiving so one can still shoot quickly and the game will auto aim the machine closest parts for you (at which point the combat feels wonky).
I had a playthrough without the slowdown as i normally play shooters. It's was doable.

Sepultura

Very hard. Don't get it fucked up, that shit was hard but you get use to it.
Its probably “doable” in the sense that its not necessary to focus on the different machine components to kill them but the other alternative is to spam other weapons or hard/fire arrows at them and drag the duration of an encounter, which takes out the intended core aspect of the combat and makes it very tedious (it did for me). Or I guess, your aiming skills are extra ordinary.

pixelbox

Its probably “doable” in the sense that its not necessary to focus on the different machine components to kill them but the other alternative is to spam other weapons or hard/fire arrows at them and drag the duration of an encounter, which takes out the intended core aspect of the combat and makes it very tedious (it did for me). Or I guess, your aiming skills are extra ordinary.
No that's not how it played out. You can lead enemies in to eachother or tie them down. Use to A.o.e. To stun/burn/freeze surrounding enemies. Stealth. You really have all the tools. If forced me to learn the mechanics and if you wanna make it you have to know/hit weak spots to end the battle quickly.

geordiemp

Fuck off. You didn't even get the point, midget brained dolt.

Wow, sir you are an intelectual.

Back on topic, OP reads like a steath BOTW fan .

For me combat is good in Horizon which is more important than exploring, so who cares

Why woud I want to explore an empty barren landscape which many open world games are today.....YAWN

cuate

Banned
Wow, sir you are an intelectual.

Back on topic, OP reads like a steath BOTW fan .

For me combat is good in Horizon which is more important than exploring, so who cares

Why woud I want to explore an empty barren landscape which many open world games are today.....YAWN

The point was so simple that it takes a special kind of idiot to miss it entirely, the doofus thought he just "had" me with that dumb gotcha retort. And it's spelled 'intellectual', dickweed.

Because traveling to an exotic place isn't remotely close to playing a game. Some of us demand a bit more from games than just pretty vistas. Because games are meant to be played, not merely seen.

I can't get behind Horizon being boiled down to just a pretty vista. I played a bunch of Horizon and there's plenty more to do than just gawk at visuals. When you rip a component off a T-Rex and pick it up and start blasting that shoulder cannon at it's body? Super cool.

When you hit cannisters that cause the entire crocodile to engulf in flames and you know it's about to explode and you have to get away as quickly as possible? Awesome.

When you tether down one of the giant bird's and ground it then start stabbing it with your spear? WHAAAAT!?

When you set up trip wires and lead a sabertooth into your traps? Get outta here!!!!

Come on guys the gameplay was fun!

cuate

Banned
I can't get behind Horizon being boiled down to just a pretty vista. I played a bunch of Horizon and there's plenty more to do than just gawk at visuals. When you rip a component off a T-Rex and pick it up and start blasting that shoulder cannon at it's body? Super cool.

When you hit cannisters that cause the entire crocodile to engulf in flames and you know it's about to explode and you have to get away as quickly as possible? Awesome.

When you tether down one of the giant bird's and ground it then start stabbing it with your spear? WHAAAAT!?

When you set up trip wires and lead a sabertooth into your traps? Get outta here!!!!

Come on guys the gameplay was fun!

The guy I quoted called 'gud graphics'(exploring the beautiful landscapes) it's own reward. That's what I responded to. I'm not boiling horizon down to just that.

Top Bottom